IT.COM

Afternic forever troubled….new listings don’t populate price for BIN landers….

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

M999

Established Member
Impact
Does anyone have an in at afternic/GD to get problems fixed?

I listed 10 domains yesterday and moved to BIN landers (yes, within afternic beta).

None of these new listings are showing price on their GD BIN lander…

I assume everyone is having same problem.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.

I listed 10 domains yesterday and moved to BIN landers (yes, within afternic beta).

Charles Beadnall is a total failure as far as I can tell. I have never encountered a platform that suffers the same problems year after year - like godaddy does.​

•••

Charles Beadnall is a total failure as far as I can tell. I have never encountered a platform that suffers the same problems year after year - like godaddy does.​

i have no idea who Charles Beadnall is until i googled: He is the ”Godaddy Chief Technology Officer”.

Last edited:
•••
This also affects price changes on existing listings.

•••
i despise people trying to upload my names to afternic.

It’s an open invitation to steal, and if you dont remember authorizing afternic listing: DO NOT ACCEPT.

Last edited:
•••

It’s an open invitation to steal, and if you dont remember authorizing afternic listing: DO NOT ACCEPT.
Unfortunately, not accepting fast transfer authorization does not mean that the listings would become inactive :( Listings submitted by fraudsters are still distributed to afternic standard network, just without fast transfer...

•••

I think it might be best to add every domain you own, even if you don't intend to sell them on afternic. With the new verification system, you're *probably* safe from others claiming your domains

•••
I think it might be best to add every domain you own, even if you don't intend to sell them on afternic. With the new verification system, you're *probably* safe from others claiming your domains
Yeah, and setting the listing to "hidden" _may_ also help (or may not, I think I saw privileged users adding my "hidden" domains as theirs via API. Might well be some other bug though).

•••
Its definitely something going on at Afternic. All day I have not been able to sign in using my android smartphone. I have to now use my laptop to sign in. I been signing in with my android cellphone for years without any problems.

Last edited:
•••
Same issue as you mentioned for weeks now. Have to email them every time I list a domain to "enable" the BIN! Very frustrating.

•••

Please DM us a couple of example domain names, we're happy to help you make sure that your prices are displaying.

Same issue as you mentioned for weeks now. Have to email them every time I list a domain to "enable" the BIN! Very frustrating.
Again, if you're able to DM us a couple of example domains, we'll look at your process and see what's happening.

•••
Yup I'm experiencing the same thing. Often the domain loads with a normal BIN lander as intended, but sometimes for the same domain, I get the price request lander with the form, or the "Want to find if this domain is for sale? Give us a call." lander. This is clearly a global issue, everything is set up correctly on my end. Stop A/B testing on our domains lol. If you want to add a separate auto-optimized lander option, that would be fine.

Last edited:
•••
Please DM us a couple of example domain names, we're happy to help you make sure that your prices are displaying.

Again, if you're able to DM us a couple of example domains, we'll look at your process and see what's happening.
@GoDaddy

This isn't isolated - as evidenced by the posts above. The entire system fails on a weekly basis.

Since we have been dealing with this indiscriminate/recurring BS for years, is it possible that Charles Beadnell take a look at this personally? And...fix this issue once and for all?

•••

Yeah, your experience isn’t an isolated one.

I discovered that when I update listing prices at Afternic, the updated prices are visible at Afternic, but they sometimes don’t propagate to GoDaddy, the domain’s landing page, and/or, some partner registrars. I’m not talking about a few minutes lag here; I’m talking hours and days after… And this has been happening for a few weeks.

Today, I also noticed that some of my new listings aren’t even visible at GoDaddy. Again, hours and days after they were listed at Afternic.

@GoDaddy I sent an email about this, and I shared examples in my email.

Something’s clearly wrong. Please investigate and resolve this.

•••
Its definitely something going on at Afternic. All day I have not been able to sign in using my android smartphone. I have to now use my laptop to sign in. I been signing in with my android cellphone for years without any problems.
It wasn't Afternic fault. I had to clear the cache on my smartphone. All is working fine now...

•••
Happening also on my .us names. Sent an email, also no response from Afternic yet...

•••
@GoDaddy

This isn't isolated - as evidenced by the posts above. The entire system fails on a weekly basis.

Since we have been dealing with this indiscriminate/recurring BS for years, is it possible that Charles Beadnell take a look at this personally? And...fix this issue once and for all?

As we mentioned above, if you're able to DM us a couple of examples, we'd be happy to work with you to ensure that your domains are displaying the correct Buy It Now price.

@Vivere you mentioned that you have sent us some examples. Could you share that email with [email protected]?

•••
As we mentioned above, if you're able to DM us a couple of examples, we'd be happy to work with you to ensure that your domains are displaying the correct Buy It Now price.
(emphasis mine)

Why can't/won't you fix it for ALL? No one cares how happy you are when working with individuals. Fix the system.

•••

Last edited:
•••
I totally removed all my domains at afternic and Dan

•••
•••
Similarity between Epik and Godaddy/Afternic.

Epik moves your money to a wallet, and "sells" the wallet, and new money goes to new (unsold) wallet, but it can be sold as well.

At Afternic, they create special nameservers to show price, and then not show the price and you need to use beta. and now beta doesn't work either (not checked myself, but everyone above seems to agree).

Both pushing the can down the road (does it fit here?)... and they have strong urge to pursue their agenda,
take your money not to give it back, or take control of your domain and its leads.

On the other hand Epik's landing pages have major superiority over Afternic's ones.
(just to let Dynadot and others to hear this again)

-Epik landing pages are indexable, works with nonjs; Afternic's landers are not.

-By default Epik pages have contact form, Afternic's contact form messages go to them, and you won't even be given a clue about them.

-Followup possible at Epik, not at Afternic.

-You can set up email forwarding if you are using Epik namesevers (and domain is there) (..I think..),
at Afternic they make you set namervers to nsx.afternic, and then they can control all the emails, send and receive emails from your domain. and you will never know about it.

-Epik shows some stats, Afternic shows none.

Afternic's superiority: Large network, set price at one place, it may be hidden on the landing page, but
probably it will be visible at partner sites. if searched.

bad thing about setting price (at large marketplaces like Sedo, Afternic): You may forget removing, and actually it is impossible to remove them one by one when they expire, instead they should allow expiration date on buy now prices, and after expiration switch to make offer form.

Last edited:
•••
•••
@GoDaddy any idea when we might be able to use afternic beta on mobile device and be able to actually see the leads on the “lead center”.

It’s been two/three or so months and beta still doesn’t work on a mobile device.

Charles? Is this that difficult?

#End10yearsofGDmadness_fireCharlesBeadnall

Last edited:
•••

@Vivere you mentioned that you have sent us some examples. Could you share that email with [email protected]?

I emailed Afternic Support ([email protected]). They’ve responded to my email and resolved the issues with the specific domains I mentioned. In their response, they mentioned that they’re aware of the (general) issue and are actively investigating it. For the benefit of others here, I’m sharing a relevant excerpt of their response below:

Screenshot 2023-07-09 at 22.15.16.png

@GoDaddy: Thanks for following up on specific cases. We also need you to follow up with your team, so they really make this a "top priority" and come up with general solutions for all.

P.S.: I’m waiting for Afternic’s feedback on yet another issue… If that doesn’t get resolved, I’ll reach out via the email address you shared.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back