IT.COM

advice Afternic Fast-Transfer

NameSilo
Watch

Pratt

Established Member
Impact
So, I'm not receiving any emails from Afternic to opt-in for Fast Transfer. Is there any way I can do it manually? When I started I did receive to opt-in for Fast Transfer but that was it. I receive dit for 2-3 domains only. I have around 25+ domains there how I can opt-in for a fast transfer there? Do help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Did you set the DNS to NS3/NS4? Else, Issue is with your registerar.

•••
Where did you register your domains?
Has it been 60 days from the time of registering those domains?

•••
Did you set the DNS to NS3/NS4? Else, Issue is with your registerar.
yes, it's with GoDaddy. Afternic is now owned by GoDaddy. I even sold one domain using a fast transfer on Afternic. Not sure why not getting emails now to opt-in

•••
Where did you register your domains?
Has it been 60 days from the time of registering those domains?
Godaddy. For some, yes it's been 60+ days for some, no.

•••
If you recently transferred the domain name to another registrar, then wait for 60 days before you can enable Fast transfer.

•••
For GoDaddy registered domains - it automatically triggers the opt in email after 60 days.
Try to delete and add again.
Make sure fast transfer is supported for the particular Domain Extension.
If problem persists - better to contact Afternic directly.

•••
got it. will try deleting and adding them back. Hope that will solve the issue

•••
Godaddy is working in a weird way recently, I receive the opt-in email from them right after registration, instead of after 60 days.

•••
Godaddy is working in a weird way recently, I receive the opt-in email from them right after registration, instead of after 60 days.
Exactly

•••
For GoDaddy registered domains - it automatically triggers the opt in email after 60 days.
Try to delete and add again.
Make sure fast transfer is supported for the particular Domain Extension.
If problem persists - better to contact Afternic directly.
not helping.

•••
yes it's been 60+ days for some, no.
I believe will not get for any less than 60 days.
It depends on the registrar whether when the 60 days is reached you will then get the opt-in notification. It has been my experience that in most cases you never do. I relist after the 60 days to trigger an email.
Hope you get it sorted out.
Bob

•••
I believe will not get for any less than 60 days.
It depends on the registrar whether when the 60 days is reached you will then get the opt-in notification. It has been my experience that in most cases you never do. I relist after the 60 days to trigger an email.
Hope you get it sorted out.
Bob
It's not working. Deleted and added, still no opt-in mail. Wish they have some kind of setting in Domain Manager to toggle that on/off.

•••
60 days is too long. 7 days would be more than enough.

•••
-
The 60 days is related to the ICANN transfer lock period. For FT they require the domain not be in lock.

•••
-

The 60 days is related to the ICANN transfer lock period. For FT they require the domain not be in lock.

Yes I know. It's dictated by ICANN. 60 days is too long. Someone should tell ICANN

•••
Hey Pratt: There system may have some issues. I got an email the other day dated from way back last summer asking me to put a name up for sale with a fast transfer. Weird stuff!

All the best!
Mike

•••
Transfer lock period starts after the transfer is completed. Transfer alone takes 5-7 to complete if the losing registrar doesn't offer instant approval to the domain owner. Many registrars don't offer instant approval to outgoing transfers. So the actual time for a transfer to complete is 65-67 days. It's way too much time. All of these should be completed in 7 days in my opinion. 60 days transfer lock period works as a tool to discourage people to transfer their domains.

•••
yes 60 days is just unacceptable, and wonder what's the reason behind 60 days lock period?

•••
Hey Pratt: There system may have some issues. I got an email the other day dated from way back last summer asking me to put a name up for sale with a fast transfer. Weird stuff!

All the best!
Mike
I know, daddy acting weirdly.

•••
Transfer lock period starts after the transfer is completed. Transfer alone takes 5-7 to complete if the losing registrar doesn't offer instant approval to the domain owner. Many registrars don't offer instant approval to outgoing transfers. So the actual time for a transfer to complete is 65-67 days. It's way too much time. All of these should be completed in 7 days in my opinion. 60 days transfer lock period works as a tool to discourage people to transfer their domains.
the whole concept doesn't make snense though, it's not profitable.

•••
yes 60 days is just unacceptable, and wonder what's the reason behind 60 days lock period?

As almost none of the domain owners is happy with waiting for 65-67 days, it seems like a request of registrars from ICAAN. Because making transfers more difficult or less preferable, all registrars can operate in a less competitive industry. Loss of domain owners is profit of registrars.

•••
Do you have to turn transfer lock off for your domain names to make them eligible for FT?

•••
Back