IT.COM

Is there any advantage of Afternic lander over Dan lander?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Oranjoose

Impact
Correct me if any of my understanding is incorrect.

Both Afternic and Dan have the same commission structure now, both can be on the Afternic Fast Transfer Network (and therefore the same reach), and both have the GoDaddy name recognition.

However, Dan offers payment plans, better visitor stats (?), and a more attractive lander (subjectively), so why would anyone use an Afternic lander, or am I missing something?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As far as I know, DAN doesn't support Fast Transfer yet. That's only available for Afternic DLS.
DLS stands for Domain Listing Service.

What DAN supports is: Afternic's Distribution Network. Which means, it'll show up when someone searches a domain name on a registrar that is within the Afternic's Distribution Network.

Whe you sell a domain on Dan, you'll still have to manually transfer the domain. On the other hand, if you properly set up Fast Transfer with Afternic DLS, the domain transfer will be instantly initiated by the Fast Transfer protocol without your intervention.

So basically you can be on a vaccation, turn off your email and phone, or even dead, and still receive the money in your bank account if your domain name is sold on Afternic.

Please someone correct me if I'm wrong about this being not yet supported on DAN.

You may use DAN lander if you set pricing with BIN + Make Offer or only Make Offer. Because those will need your intervention anyway. Also, you may use DAN if you want to support Payment plans. However, use Afternic with properly activated Fast Transfer on your registrar (e.g. Dynadot) for BIN only listings.
I think some of the confusion is around where you point domains (landers) and which network they are in. Where the domains point doesn't matter.

While I've never used it, Dan has an integration with Afternic in which your domains listed at Dan can show in Afternic. Afternic then opts your domains into Fast Transfer is the domains are at a Fast Transfer registrar AND you respond to the verification email. I'm not sure why this wouldn't happen if you list through Dan and opt in to the Afternic syndication.

That said, loop in @James Iles and he can get you the answer

•••
•••
However, Dan offers payment plans, better visitor stats (?), and a more attractive lander (subjectively), so why would anyone use an Afternic lander, or am I missing something?
Afternic gets results for many. In my experience, they were the only one to produce significant sales. But other have had good experiences with DAN.

You ultimately decide based on what works best for you.

•••
Correct me if any of my understanding is incorrect.

Both Afternic and Dan have the same commission structure now, both can be on the Afternic Fast Transfer Network (and therefore the same reach), and both have the GoDaddy name recognition.

Good morning @Oranjoose,

Domains listed at Dan are distributed through the Afternic network, which consists of 100+ partners - so your domain names get excellent visibility. To be clear, domains listed at Dan and distributed through the Afternic network are not fast transfer eligible, but transactions from this route do follow the Dan sales process, so domain transfers and payouts are as quick as you've come to expect from Dan.

Have a nice day.

•••
Afternic gets results for many. In my experience, they were the only one to produce significant sales. But other have had good experiences with DAN.

You ultimately decide based on what works best for you.
with afternic you dont know if sales comes from landers or not, so it's very difficul to know if afternic landers works better than dan landers or not...

•••
Good morning @Oranjoose,

Domains listed at Dan are distributed through the Afternic network, which consists of 100+ partners - so your domain names get excellent visibility. To be clear, domains listed at Dan and distributed through the Afternic network are not fast transfer eligible, but transactions from this route do follow the Dan sales process, so domain transfers and payouts are as quick as you've come to expect from Dan.

Have a nice day.

Thanks for the reply! One clarification question: if I listed a domain BIN on Afternic, but used a Dan make-offer (not BIN) lander, would this not be able to be on the Afternic fast transfer network?

•••
Thanks for the reply! One clarification question: if I listed a domain BIN on Afternic, but used a Dan make-offer (not BIN) lander, would this not be able to be on the Afternic fast transfer network?
Good morning @Oranjoose,

Thank you for your response.

That is correct. Our integration only supports BIN-listed domain names at the moment.

All the best,

•••
Back