NameSilo

Afternic Appraisal, messed?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

I just ordered an Afternic Appraisal, and it does nothing but make me happy. Take a look at it!

serment.com
Commercial Development Potential: 36/50
Recognition: 33/50
Length: 43/50
Extension Value: 50/50
CMV: $ 1,700.00
PMV: $ 5,900.00
Notes: An estimated 6,600 searches each month.
APPRAISAL CODE: nic342062

That's a bit crazy! The only potential I see is the amount by Google Suggest, but everybody before said it was a worthless domain!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Well, who is everybody? Remember, many appraisals come from those with less knowledge than the person requesting. Pick carefully which of those have substance and experience.
This word is not in Websters (since it's not English) so English speaking only "everybodys" that hadn't taken the time to look up it's meaning and what it might reference would say :snaphappy: "reg fee", of course. :hehe: (imagine that)

$1,700 wholesale? Well perhaps at the Seattle Shindig after the "No Host Bar" ended, and you ran into the same Afternic appraiser.... naw..
But who can say the retail value of any name for sure, except the person with pen to check.
I hope it sells mid xxxx, but do you see a catagory for this?
Commercial Development Potential: 36/50 ???
Notes: An estimated 6,600 searches each month.
(Might have on the Serment d'Hippocrate.)

Good Luck with it.... :wave:

And ofcourse, all above subject to different opinions.
kid5150

•••
Thanks for that great comment. I added to your ruptuation for that...after that, I don't regret getting Serment.com. Of course, the best way to sum up what you said is "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"...thanks for reminding me that.

Any more comments?

•••
I don't believe in paid appraisels and here is why.The name only has as much value as a buyer is willing to pay for it,I've seen DNs for sale saying this name was appraised at $10,000,Ok,Fair enough,But is the name going to draw attention on the market? If not,Then it's going to sell low i don't care if was appraised at 1.5 million.There is no way to persuede a buyer by giving them a letter of appraisel.So IMO,It's more important how much the name means to you personally and that you are happy with the name you purchase.The rest will usually take care of itself.

•••
Well I guess you're right! Now how much do you think this domain is worth to you, and how much are you willing to pay for it?

Your opinions will be helpful to me when setting me a starting price - it's hard to say, as most people here speak only English.

•••
Based on the stats above.

I would estimate High xx to low xxx as is IMO

•••
My G5Y is worth $2,800 according to after nic
D-:

•••
Appraisals in my opinion are more amusement rather than something I would believe. My motto like many other users is, "It's worth what someone is willing to pay". So if you want to save some money next time, you can list your domain on sites like these to see what kind offers it gets.

•••
Xfactor..here is something i think is interesting...I am new to all this domain biz and am not qualified to do appraisals...so after spending too much money for supposedly legitimate manual appraisals from advertised "experts" I ended up ordering a "professional appraisal" software..being touted by a particular site (who's name i won't mention here)..but here's what seems curious to me...I had been ordering appraisals at $59 a pop for one and getting them back super quick...then i saw the appraisal software they were touting for $65.00...so i ordered that and can now do my own appraisals in a matter of seconds...turns out...In my humble opinion this company advertises expert manual appraisals and they use this software they tout themselves...so if you buy into the legitimacy of their appraisals, I would recommend purchasing their appraisal software for $65.00 and do your own, you will get exactly the same results as paying them $59 each to let them do it...buy the way..their appraisals are (also in my opinion) unrealisticly high..I have been given values for undeveloped names I have of over $4,800 and can't get a bite at $29.99 for it...so I agree totally with Xfactor...my experience has been in wasting a lot of money with most appraisal services to no avail...there has to be a buyer..and it's worth only what someone will pay you for it.....sorry so long...don't want anyonw else making some of these mistakes that I have...Bottom line, I feel i am stuck with a bunch of names no-one wants and based on appraisals I have paid for..they should be cumulatively worth a fortune! Be careful!

I just ran the domain name serment.com on my appraisal software that i spoke of in my previous post....out of my own curiosity I ran the appraisal...the response was undeveloped: $2,449.... Recognition: 74%, Marketing potential-65%, Development Potential-84%......according to this software if the name was developed it would be worth...$29.388 and of course have 100% recognition, 99% market potential and 98% development potential....Go figure!...Please don't take this as advise or as my opinion....I am posting for purposes of proving a point...If I ordered an appraisal from the company i ordered the software from, I would pay $59 for it and get the same results...who do you believe????? it's scary! Compare it to yours and then go get one from sedo.com (who I find more reliable) and see what you get back...appraisal values are like..."you know what's"...everybody has their own...

•••
cindyda1 said:
Xfactor..here is something i think is interesting...I am new to all this domain biz and am not qualified to do appraisals...so after spending too much money for supposedly legitimate manual appraisals from advertised "experts" I ended up ordering a "professional appraisal" software..being touted by a particular site (who's name i won't mention here)..but here's what seems curious to me...I had been ordering appraisals at $59 a pop for one and getting them back super quick...then i saw the appraisal software they were touting for $65.00...so i ordered that and can now do my own appraisals in a matter of seconds...turns out...In my humble opinion this company advertises expert manual appraisals and they use this software they tout themselves...so if you buy into the legitimacy of their appraisals, I would recommend purchasing their appraisal software for $65.00 and do your own, you will get exactly the same results as paying them $59 each to let them do it...buy the way..their appraisals are (also in my opinion) unrealisticly high..I have been given values for undeveloped names I have of over $4,800 and can't get a bite at $29.99 for it...so I agree totally with Xfactor...my experience has been in wasting a lot of money with most appraisal services to no avail...there has to be a buyer..and it's worth only what someone will pay you for it.....sorry so long...don't want anyonw else making some of these mistakes that I have...Bottom line, I feel i am stuck with a bunch of names no-one wants and based on appraisals I have paid for..they should be cumulatively worth a fortune! Be careful!

I just ran the domain name serment.com on my appraisal software that i spoke of in my previous post....out of my own curiosity I ran the appraisal...the response was undeveloped: $2,449.... Recognition: 74%, Marketing potential-65%, Development Potential-84%......according to this software if the name was developed it would be worth...$29.388 and of course have 100% recognition, 99% market potential and 98% development potential....Go figure!...Please don't take this as advise or as my opinion....I am posting for purposes of proving a point...If I ordered an appraisal from the company i ordered the software from, I would pay $59 for it and get the same results...who do you believe????? it's scary! Compare it to yours and then go get one from sedo.com (who I find more reliable) and see what you get back...appraisal values are like..."you know what's"...everybody has their own...

Hi cindyda1,
Yes i definatly agree with alot you are saying,The reason these services have absolutley no value is because they can not tell us the real thing that needs to be appraised,"Will the market like our name near as much we ourselves do" Being as there is no software or one person that can tell us that,Then so called professional appraisels and appraisel software become nothing but something for entertainment.The best way to get a feel for what your name might sell for in market is to expose it to several people and see how they take to it,Which is why i think the appraisel section here at Namepros serves it's just purpose well.It really does'nt matter the appraisers expierence here,I look at the total number of appraisers in the thread when i submit an appraisel here,If i have 15 different people here look at my name and 10 of them don't find it very appealing then i see the name may not be heavily in demand in the DN resell market.That does'nt mean that the name is bad,If i reg a name i like it or i wouldn't have reged it,But it just simply can give people a feel for how the DN will be accepted by percentage if they place the name for sale in DN market place.Market trends in the DN business seem to change freqeuntly.But me personaly,I always reg name i personaly like and don't reg them with intent to sell immediatly.I may develope some,Park some for PPC ect.So paid appraisels and appraisel software means nothing to me,What a majority of people think of the name is my guide as to how the viewing buyers in the market place may have interest it.

Last edited:
•••
thats crazy its not work even near $1k

•••
Appraisal software vs. Valuation Software vs. Appraisal by QUALIFIED (experienced in high ticket domain sales) members of NP.

When you (a customer) have spent money on an Appraisal, the system set-up is tuned toward getting more jobs from the customer and less focused on what a DN's actual value might be. Sooooo.... this being the case, if the appraisal comes back "reg fee" is the customer going to want more answers like that, or....
your 4 word hyphen-ated mis-spelled dot com is worth $800.00, which will get return business?
See the ....ahem..."flaw" in this?

Valuation software... it's free, you input the data, uses a simple formula based on the information you provide... (you exaggerate, it exaggerates) and has nothing to gain from stroking you. It is not very accurate in terms of "cool names" and does valuate somewhat higher, but will show differences in catagories, extentions, with-without hyphens/numbers that are percentage based and will help you get an idea on SOME things.
NamePros had a similar valuation proggy in tools, but it outdated itself according to Admin and Mod's wise consideration and was removed... ahem... with the (promise?) of a better one at a later date.

Appraisal by QUALIFIED (experienced in high ticket domain sales) members of NP..... These are the cats that know better than most, and bottom line, even they are suprised daily at end-user eccentricities.

This is the free proggy, remember,,,, it is not accurate... apparently, as stated by many, nobody really knows... except maybe.... naw... nobody.

http://www.urlbuyers.com/valuation.cfm
(I have no aff with the above)
Admin, please remove above addy if conflicting with NP rules.

EDIT: Another way to get a sense of wholesale value is to monitor similar names in NP's "for sale" sections.
Peace, kp

snareklutz, thanks for the thread (very topical) and the rep (un-nessesary but apreciated)

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back