IT.COM

advice After Sedo, Afternic, DAN, where to list next?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just getting back into Domaining this past month after about 8-9 years.

I see the industry has changed and consolidated, but with some new players too.

I have my domains listed on:
Sedo (parked for now, too)

Afternic (it is my understanding that now domains listed here will appear on: GoDaddy, Netsol, Dynadot, eNom, Uniregistry (I think), and a couple more.

DAN (formerly Undeveloped, I think)

With all the Afternic related consolidation in this industry, where else should I list my domains, disregarding brandable marketplaces for now?

Once a domain is listed at, Afternic, Sedo, and DAN, is it necessary to list anywhere else? If so, where and WHY?

Still trying to wrap my head around all the consolidation in the industry that occurred while I was away. And get my domains the maximum exposure possible.

Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Once a domain is listed at, Afternic, Sedo, and DAN, is it necessary to list anywhere else? If so, where and WHY?
Great initial post, and glad you are back active in domain investing. Best wishes for every success.

I guess my answer might be that it is not, in most cases, essential to list elsewhere, but every possible avenue can help.

Here are a few situations where extra listings might make sense:
  • If a brandable name, the brandable places do find lookers that probably would not find your name through the registration stream or the big marketplaces.
  • If you are in early days, before FT and premium coverage possible, then one could list at the registrar marketplace. Also, this provides an avenue where a buyer can instantly buy and get the domain name, often at lower commission to you.
  • I have not done so yet, but considering putting some names at biix. The commissions are super low, but more than that, having the link to NameWorth valuations might help persuade some purchasers that the name represents reasonable value.
Bob

•••
Thanks, Bob!!

Yes, most of my domains are less than 30 days since registration, so before the Fast Transfer period.

I may have one or 2 brandables that may be accepted at Brand Bucket at some point.

I am not sure 100% what you mean by listing at the Registry Marketplace. The majority are regged at GoDaddy and listed on Afternic. Isn't Afternic the GoDaddy Registry Marketplace? Or am I confused again?

I also have my names now listed on DAN and Domain Agents.

Thank you so much for trying to help!!😁

•••
On Epik & Daaz also.

And do not forget about a Landing Page so that your potential buyer knows that the domain name is for sale.
I like a Hybrid DAN.COM landing page (mix of DAN.COM marketplace and Bodis parking in one page).

•••
Thanks. Igor.

Will be looking at some more marketplaces this week.

•••
I am not sure 100% what you mean by listing at the Registry Marketplace
Registrar marketplace. For example, for a domain name freshly registered or transferred to NameCheap, Epik, GoDaddy, NameSilo, Sav, Dynadot, Porkbun and probably others I am forgetting, they all have some sort of internal marketplace that you can easily list the name for sale. Someone can buy it there even in the lock period. Also they essentially instantly transfer it as a push to the new owner's account.

My usual sequence is:
  1. First I list at the registrar marketplace for first 30 to 60 days.
  2. If a TLD that is accepted, and at a fast transfer registrar, after lock period is up enact FT at Afternic and/or Sedo. Normally at that point I take down the registrar marketplace listing, if afraid of double selling.
  3. Near expiration if I have decided probably not to renew I will list it again at the registrar marketplace, since usually minimum prices / commissions way less, or at NameLiquidate or NamePros.
While no doubt Afternic/Sedo/DAN sell way more than any registrar marketplace, keep in mind that they have way more or sale. Would be interesting to know how probability of sale is across registrar vs the big marketplaces.

Also, the lander quality is very different across the registrar places, although all have some sort of option. Epik allow you to fully customize with images, media, links, text, etc. and allow you to have BIN, make offer and payment options with lots of customization. NameSilo landers look nice imo too, allowing text and both BIN and MO, can do payment plans up to 12 months if want. Dynadot changed their landers not long ago. In a way like the new ones, but no longer show the text (it is in the marketplace itself listing but not lander). Of course GoDaddy you can list with an auction membership, even if not listing as an auction. Porkbun now allow a lander for the marketplace they hired. I like their sense of humour, but wish they would let me choose a lander without a pig. Namecheap marketplace does not have landers per se, but you can without cost forward the domain to your marketplace listing, so essentially same.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
Isn't Afternic the GoDaddy Registry Marketplace?
I am always somewhat confused myself on the integration. GoDaddy own Afternic, and have for a number of years. Names listed on Afternic do get listed on GoDaddy registration stream, and I am less sure, but the reverse too. Is there an advantage to listing at both GoDaddy Auctions and Afternic? Some say there is, but I am not totally clear on reasoning. Perhaps someone else can answer this better, please. I tend to list mine with Afternic and assume that is getting as much as if I separately had listed them on GD Auctions. There are more forwarding option "lander" choices if you have them listed both places, though.
Bob

Last edited:
•••
I am always somewhat confused myself on the integration. GoDaddy own Afternic, and have for a number of years. Names listed on Afternic do get listed on GoDaddy registration stream, and I am less sure, but the reverse too. Is there an advantage to listing at both GoDaddy Auctions and Afternic? Some say there is, but I am not totally clear on reasoning. Perhaps someone else can answer this better, please. I tend to list mine with Afternic and assume that is getting as much as if I separately had listed them on GD Auctions. There are more forwarding option "lander" choices if you have them listed both places, though.
Bob
That's kind of what I thought, but it definitely gets confusing.

We all want to get our names the maximum exposure in order to give them the best chance to sell, but it becomes somewhat unclear what the best course of action is.

•••
So, in my ongoing effort to list my domains everywhere, I have joined Uniregistry (names are now listed on Afternic w/BIN, Sedo, DAN, DomainAgents).

I cannot find an area to list my domains on Uni, but it may be because they are part of the Afternic distribution network now.

Even still, I cannot find my names in the Uni search. But this could be because they are too young to be part of the Fast Transfer eligibilty

Last edited:
•••
•••
Did you have ever sold your domains via DomainAgents for all time you're in domaining?
I just joined DomainAgents so too early to tell, but it was very easy to list my domains.

I also just joined Uni, but can't figure out how to list my domains there, at least it is not obvious.

•••
I also just joined Uni, but can't figure out how to list my domains there, at least it is not obvious.
But they had been acquired by GoDaddy. Are they are still active as site Uniregistry.com registrar?

Last edited:
•••
But they had been acquired by GoDaddy. Are they are still active as site Uniregistry.com registrar?
They are still a Registrar, but it doesnt look like their Marketplace allows for the importing/listing of domains held elsewhere....

•••
•••
•••
For ccTLD .co.uk , .uk , me.uk org.uk etc..i found a great market/platform
Very friendly | i like it

Https://Flip.uk

of course is DomainLore but hard to become member

Flip.uk easy to be & list in auction , make offer , buy now

•••
Thanks, but I do not hold any uk domains. Although sounds like a good site

•••
Registrar marketplace. For example, for a domain name freshly registered or transferred to NameCheap, Epik, GoDaddy, NameSilo, Sav, Dynadot, Porkbun and probably others I am forgetting, they all have some sort of internal marketplace that you can easily list the name for sale. Someone can buy it there even in the lock period. Also they essentially instantly transfer it as a push to the new owner's account.

My usual sequence is:
  1. First I list at the registrar marketplace for first 30 to 60 days.
  2. If a TLD that is accepted, and at a fast transfer registrar, after lock period is up enact FT at Afternic and/or Sedo. Normally at that point I take down the registrar marketplace listing, if afraid of double selling.
  3. Near expiration if I have decided probably not to renew I will list it again at the registrar marketplace, since usually minimum prices / commissions way less, or at NameLiquidate or NamePros.
While no doubt Afternic/Sedo/DAN sell way more than any registrar marketplace, keep in mind that they have way more or sale. Would be interesting to know how probability of sale is across registrar vs the big marketplaces.

Also, the lander quality is very different across the registrar places, although all have some sort of option. Epik allow you to fully customize with images, media, links, text, etc. and allow you to have BIN, make offer and payment options with lots of customization. NameSilo landers look nice imo too, allowing text and both BIN and MO, can do payment plans up to 12 months if want. Dynadot changed their landers not long ago. In a way like the new ones, but no longer show the text (it is in the marketplace itself listing but not lander). Of course GoDaddy you can list with an auction membership, even if not listing as an auction. Porkbun now allow a lander for the marketplace they hired. I like their sense of humour, but wish they would let me choose a lander without a pig. Namecheap marketplace does not have landers per se, but you can without cost forward the domain to your marketplace listing, so essentially same.

Bob
Lol at landers without a pig

•••
•••
See, the hard thing for me is to understand the law of diminishing returns here....

What I mean by that is: When does listing your domains at yet another Marketplace become simply Overkill?

Since I've been back, I learned that the

#1 most important place to list is: Afternic with Fast Transfer (once eligible).

Reading poats from some of the Big Guys here, it seems like 60-70% or more of their Inbound sales come from Afternic or their extensive distribution network of Registrars (which becomes even more extensive after FT gets enabled)

#2 Sedo - large and well known Domain Marketplace and probably good for anyone outside the US who wants to buy your domains

#3 DAN - nice, feature enabled website with Fast domain transfer and payment services (from what I have read) and nice Landing Pages ( I am using a few as we speak)

#4 Domain Agents ( just super easy to list there)

Still a bit confused about those places where you need to have youe domains registered there in order to list, but I think most of these are part of the Afternic Fast Transfer netwoek anyway (Dynadot, Uni etc.) Unless I am confused.

Still need to look into Epik, Efty, and Daaz

Other than that, maybe a brandable Marketplace like Brandpa oe Brandbucket.

However, if these brandable Marketplaces require an exclusive listing I am not sure I want to give up the Afternic FT exposure.

Most of my names are not reall brandable types anyway

Hope these musings are helpful for other newbies!

•••
However, if these brandable Marketplaces require an exclusive listing I am not sure I want to give up the Afternic FT exposure.
On SquadHelp approved premium domains is available listing on Afternic. Though I not tried it.

•••
Just to keep myself on track and to provide ongoing updates to keep this thread live.

I have also now added my portfolio to : Epik.

Epik allows you to list your domains for sale in their marketplace once you upload your portfolio there.

Their interface is really amazing from a Domain Portfolio Management perspective.

It lists your domain, registrar, parking details (if parked), rough valuations ( maybe Estibot? Or in house) Etc.

You can clearly see your entire portfolio up to 100 domains per page I think.

Need to play with this more, but it is really beautiful.

Anyway, now I am listed in the following
Marketplaces:

Afternic (BIN), Make Offers at: Sedo, DAN, Epik, Domain Agents.

I will probably try Daaz next since they have a good presence here and participated in my thread 😁

Also, realized a few of my names could be considered Brandables.

As such, submitted these to:
BrandBucket (still waiting)

Discovered Squadhelp where you can submit brandable names that they will register for you. Yes, you only get 25, 23, 20 % in year 1, 2, 3 if name sells.

But this is NO RISK and can provide an additional revenue stream with NO RISK.

Hoping to get some names approved there.

Thanks to all who contributed to this thread!!

•••
Great initial post, and glad you are back active in domain investing. Best wishes for every success.

I guess my answer might be that it is not, in most cases, essential to list elsewhere, but every possible avenue can help.

Here are a few situations where extra listings might make sense:
  • If a brandable name, the brandable places do find lookers that probably would not find your name through the registration stream or the big marketplaces.
  • If you are in early days, before FT and premium coverage possible, then one could list at the registrar marketplace. Also, this provides an avenue where a buyer can instantly buy and get the domain name, often at lower commission to you.
  • I have not done so yet, but considering putting some names at biix. The commissions are super low, but more than that, having the link to NameWorth valuations might help persuade some purchasers that the name represents reasonable value.
Bob
It always pays to reread your very detailed and informative posts, Bob. When you responded to me I didn't even know what Biix and Nameworth we're!

I really like the idea of having the link to Name worth valuations since I seem to actually have several Tier 2 ( I have only ever seen one Tier 1 among available name's, auctions etc)

So I will revisit Biix again!

Thank you again for sharing your knowledge and experience with everyone here...

Last edited:
•••
•••
It always pays to reread your very detailed and informative posts, Bob. When you responded to me I didn't even know what Biix and Nameworth we're!

I really like the idea of having the link to Name worth valuations since I seem to actually have several Tier 2 ( I have only ever seen one Tier 1 among available name's, auctions etc)

So I will revisit Biix again!

Thank you again for sharing your knowledge and experience with everyone here...
This thread is really helpful and Bob has great suggestions for beginners like me. Did you list the names of Afternic as BIN within the 60 day period? What if we list it within the 60 day lock as BIN on Afternic? Is it possible?

Thanks for such a helpful thread

•••
This thread is really helpful and Bob has great suggestions for beginners like me. Did you list the names of Afternic as BIN within the 60 day period? What if we list it within the 60 day lock as BIN on Afternic? Is it possible?

Thanks for such a helpful thread

Not a good idea to add a buy it now before the 60 days is up but some do it. Different platforms handle different ways. If buyer is insistent on transfer you will have to wait the 60 days to complete transaction.

Its not a huge issue because names rarely sell in that timeframe immediately after reg.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back