IT.COM

discuss After LLLL.com, is it time for LLLLL.coms??

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Recently, we saw an outburst in the value of LLLL.com domain names.
The domains which used to sell for low $$ to high $$ are now going for low $$$$.

Every single day, we find some sales of LLLL.com and they have appreciated in value like anything!

Are we looking at LLLLL.com rush in the near future after the success of four letter .com domain??

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Remember the buyout in 2007 what a great time :)

I'm still holdng just under 250 llll.com love it

FX

So have you been renewing all those domains all these years? :O

•••
What we are seeing is a short squeeze, pure and simple. It was obvious this was going to happen from the start of the year when we started seeing the huge uptick in LLL.com's. I started accumulating as soon as I saw this happen so hold a ton of these now.

Always follow the trend :)

•••
So have you been renewing all those domains all these years? :O

I was up to around 500 over the years ..I've sold and repurchased, now I've kept the best 250

Cheers

•••
•••
I think brandable LLLLL.com will have a great future going forward, but it is just a bit murky in terms of what is 'brandable' and what is 'desirable', which makes investment decisions difficult. People always like going into buyout categories because there is 'safety in numbers'...

•••
The price of all LLLL.com domains has not increased. It will be a long time before LLLLL.com domain are in demand

•••
LLLLL .com's have and will increase in value if they are perfectly pronounceable brandables. Stuff like Ambeo, Ehila, Bando etc. I don't see random letter combo's like KHJKP.com have any liquidity on the re-seller market in many years to come. As someone else pointed out the number of available combos for 5 letter .com's is gigantic.

•••
LLLLL .com's have and will increase in value if they are perfectly pronounceable brandables. Stuff like Ambeo, Ehila, Bando etc. I don't see random letter combo's like KHJKP.com have any liquidity on the re-seller market in many years to come. As someone else pointed out the number of available combos for 5 letter .com's is gigantic.
Fully agree with this. Proper words, keyword based brandables and to some extent made up pronounceables, good ones of course, will keep rising in value.

Every single brandable marketplace has had 5L as a separate category for quite a while and those who are on the lookout for decent 5L names know well that finding them has become increasingly harder over last year alone.

It is just a question of time before huge majority of these names are stashed away in domainers' portfolios, thus driving average prices up. It may take a while, but it's bound to happen.

•••
The price of all LLLL.com domains has not increased. It will be a long time before LLLLL.com domain are in demand

Did you mistype that statement? Please explain.

•••
Sometime its very difficult to judge which domain will be sell at high value. 10 minutes ago a domain name Sumy.com sold on godaddy for $1525. I was monitoring the auction for educational purpose and my idea was this domain will sell minium $4000+ . This domain appraisal value is 100k+ but the domain sold at unimaginable lower price. I have seen many branded names sold at lower value and many non premium names at high value.

Last edited:
•••
Its just a matter of time and market penetration before this happens IMHO

•••
With 11.8 million LLLLL domains, I think only the readable ones will ever get attention of buyers
I just ran a "Domain Name Analyzer" this week to check availability of 240K of the more "readable" 5L names (still have 39K to process) and only 35K of the first 200K are unregistered.

So a lot of the "good enough" ones are already taken.

Last edited:
•••
Do you think 4L domains will all continue to slowly gain in value?
The question is really .. is it better to flip them quickly or buy a bunch and keep them for 3-4 years (or more) and eventually maximize the ROI.

Where do you see a 4L domain with a value of 75$ be in 3-5 years? ... value of 100?... 150? .. more .. less than 75$ (I doubt it)

•••
Do you think 4L domains will all continue to slowly gain in value?
The question is really .. is it better to flip them quickly or buy a bunch and keep them for 3-4 years (or more) and eventually maximize the ROI.
Branded and premium domain names always gain value. Yes you should buy some 4 letter domains. Keep the best for the last and sell the rest in aftermaket for some good bucks. This practice will help you to gain intereste in the domain names and you will also get the experience where to invest.

•••
I personally think LLLL.coms will slowly move up in value due to the fact of increased internet penetration by the populus. As far as LLLLL.coms go. I think only time will tell. Does anyone have a beat on how quickly these are being registered?

•••
With 11.8 million LLLLL domains, I think only the readable ones will ever get attention of buyers
I just ran a "Domain Name Analyzer" this week to check availability of 240K of the more "readable" 5L names (still have 39K to process) and 35K of the first 200K are unregistered.

So a lot of the "good enough" ones are already taken.
I think you're right. Unless it's a dictionary word or brandable, there are too many combinations of LLLLL to make it rare. I think the cut-off is NNNNN and LLLL. But, I definitely think values of LLLL will go up pretty considerably, especially with the Chinese market bursting through.

Just last year, I was buying LLLL .coms in this forum for $25-30. Now, you can't even buy a crappy one for less than $70.

I don't even think the letters matter anymore (of course, some more valuable)... but there is a limited number of LLLL .coms and the whole world is after them.

Another factor: Growth of world Internet users. More Internet users = more websites. More websites = more domains needed.

•••
LLL.com = 17576 domains
LLLL.com = 456976 domains
LLLLL.com = 11881376 domains

You will realize that 12 millions of domains are quite too many to have any random (or semi-random) combination of letter being worth something at all.

•••
Are LLLL a better investment than NNNNN ? NNNNN seems to worth way more.

•••

They are both fine investments if you're looking for names that will hold (and most likely increase in) value for the foreseeable future. They are much more liquid than brandables but less fun (imo).

•••
Depends on the combos. LLLL has demand worldwide, but NNNNN is limited mainly to the Chinese market. Without the Chinese, those numerics would be worthless.

•••
well for me owning a brandable 5 letter domain is way better than a random 4 letter domain

•••
In my perspective, 7/8 L's are same as 4/5/6 L's - what matters is that you can pronounce them..ebay/yahoo/google/amazon/facebook - all are same. 3 L's - abbreviations or not, pronounceable or not, they are different league. In general, abbreviations have lesser value than brand itself, unless it is too long. You do not want to know what BMW stands for.

•••
Monday I started an availability check search on 240K readable 5L. I found 65K that were still available for registration.

So 73% of readable (from my sample) where already taken. That is a lot.

I just restarted the same availability check for the 65K to see how many of these were registered since Monday to see how fast they go.

•••
•••
IMO, which isn't much, I think the increase in price for LLLL.com's is more or less a fad right now. I think the drastic increase is influenced greatly by domainers looking to buy LLLL.com's, and not end users, thus driving the price up artificially because the "demand" is higher now than it's ever been. On the flip side though, end users are starting to realize the importance of domains, and how the shorter the better can affect their business.

With all that being said, right now is a great time to sell LLLL.com's, and it's also a great time to buy them. In time they will continue to increase in price. And one day (10 years from now), the same wave will come to the LLLLL.com domains. Until then, the 5L .com brandable domain lottery game will continue (will they pick your domain over another).

I view domains as internet real estate. Unless you just have HORRIBLE domains, if you sit on them long enough, the price will rise EVENTUALLY. It just depends on when that EVENTUALLY is.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back