domains Advice please - Coinhub247.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laguna

Top Member
Impact
Hi guys, I've been buying domain names for about 7 months now and never had any offers yet. Could someone please take a look at my domains and tell me if I'm wasting my time and money.
If you go to sedo.com and type in one of my domain names
( Coinhub247.com) and then scroll down to the stacked boxes, it will show my whole portfolio. Any opinions good or bad would be appreciated
Thank you

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Quickly looked at the names, saw some TMs and the rest is not so good. I'd price them low $xxx each and drop if they don't sell. And not selling on Sedo would be smart, for a transaction you're paying $60+ each and that'll eat half your profits on low $xxx sales.

•••

Upon quick scan I noted almost entirely very low worth domains plus more than a fair amount of garbage. Of course you never know but by and large - nothing great strikes me.

For example - among your “crab” domains crabdiner is probably the best - but it doesn’t have a “national chain” ring to it in my opinion and so at best it’s for a one off restaurant. Is a start up restaurant going to care that much about its domain name or is it going to just take whatever it can get, unless hell bent on that exact trade name. Ya’ follow?

I mean in terms of letters crabdiner is the same length as say crabshack but the latter just has more “chain” appeal, in my opinion. But even so, national appeal or not, how many seafood chains or joints are still popping up these days wanting to focus on crabs in their name?

In sum all of your domains are either way off the beaten path or at best slightly off the mark.

Even great domains may take a long time to sell but this portfolio might never sell.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks for your comments, good or bad I need to know. Keep them coming

•••
Quickly looked at the names, saw some TMs and the rest is not so good. I'd price them low $xxx each and drop if they don't sell. And not selling on Sedo would be smart, for a transaction you're paying $60+ each and that'll eat half your profits on low $xxx sales.
Thanks dude

•••
Most of them are no good IMO, londonpropertylet, peercoinhub, justaccomodation, coinhub247 may have some value, I'd dump the rest, stay away from numbers+letters and hyphen domains and stick with .com (preferably make sense 2words not invented).
Yeah I thought Londonpropertylet would be one of the better ones

•••
I have not had a chance to look through the full list, although have not done the detailed analysis required for any name. The strategy of a portfolio that has mainly ..com, but a mix of some other extensions, makes diversification sense. The ones in ngTLD are in .online which is a good extension. I don't know the .uk market, but having some country code makes sense.

I agree that many of the name + number ones probably are not sellable, although certainly some in that category sell. If one is doing numbers, 360 is a good match with some names that are suitable to for example 3D viewing. I might see your bridges or spacetravel working this way.

Some of the names that struck me as possibly good include the following.
FindTheatreTickets (com)
CoinDeskDaily (com)
CrabDiner (com)
FoodFest360 (com)
CryptoWatchDaily (om)
Bridges360 (com)
SpaceTravel360 (com)
Spaceflights (online)
VisitAsia (online)
jockeys (online)

I think possibly there is a mismatch between your sales venue and the quality of the domains. While it is true that some sales on Sedo are in the low $$$ range, most are higher. Even though it is 3 words, I actually feel FindTheatreTickets is potentially a good name and would leave it and a few others at Sedo with solid price expectations. Some of the names you evaluate to be of lower quality I would list on a venue without minimum commission..

I would evaluate each name in your portfolio, decide which are indeed quality and leave at Sedo. For some others try to get low $$$ or even $$ for them through venues that sell more at those prices and where the commission structure makes it worthwhile. The $60 minimum at Sedo makes it not worthwhile to sell a domain name there for $100.

I think the primary question to always ask is who might be the end users for each domain you acquire, and what advantage that would offer them. I cover that idea in a post at NameTalent here.

You may also find my post on how to evaluate whether a domain name is worth investing in. It offers 18 things to look at, that starts with listing categories of end users and the value they would obtain from the domain name.

While others have offered good advice in the thread, I would not be overly discouraged. I do see some good ideas in your list, an as I said originally, no matter the names, most will not sell in any one year. I really wish you every success in domain investing.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
I have not had a chance to look through the full list, although have not done the detailed analysis required for any name. The strategy of a portfolio that has mainly ..com, but a mix of some other extensions, makes diversification sense. The ones in ngTLD are in .online which is a good extension. I don't know the .uk market, but having some country code makes sense.

I agree that many of the name + number ones probably are not sellable, although certainly some in that category sell. If one is doing numbers, 360 is a good match with some names that are suitable to for example 3D viewing. I might see your bridges or spacetravel working this way.

Some of the names that struck me as possibly good include the following.
FindTheatreTickets (com)
CoinDeskDaily (com)
CrabDiner (com)
FoodFest360 (com)
CryptoWatchDaily (om)
Bridges360 (com)
SpaceTravel360 (com)
Spaceflights (online)
VisitAsia (online)
jockeys (online)

I think possibly there is a mismatch between your sales venue and the quality of the domains. While it is true that some sales on Sedo are in the low $$$ range, most are higher. Even though it is 3 words, I actually feel FindTheatreTickets is potentially a good sale.

I would evaluate each name in your portfolio, decide which are indeed quality and leave at Sedo. For some others try to get low $$$ or even $$ for them through venues that sell more at those prices and where the commission structure makes it worthwhile. The $60 minimum at Sedo makes it not worthwhile to sell a domain name there for $100.

I think the primary question to always ask is who might be the end users for each domain you acquire, and what advantage that would offer them. I cover that idea in a post at NameTalent here.

You may also find my post on how to evaluate whether a domain name is worth investing in. It offers 18 things to look at, that starts with listing categories of end users and the value they would obtain from the domain name.

While others have offered good advice in the thread, I would not be overly discouraged. I do see some good ideas in your list, an as I said originally, no matter the names, most will not sell in any one year. I really wish you every success in domain investing.

Bob
Thanks for your feedback Bob. I will go look at the post's you mentioned

•••
One tool you should use, if you are not already doing that, is NameBio to look at past sales. Now it shows a mix of retail and wholesale, and does not include sales at some of the major venues like Afternic and Undeveloped (well not normally).

This method does not always work, so you need to include your own knowledge of a niche too of course, but with a compound word like CrabDiner, you can see how many times each half sells. For example sales starting with crab sold 13 times with an average price of $7987. But before you get too excited, the exact match crab in com was a huge sale. A better measure is the median, which is $370 for the 13 sales.

The word diner as the end of a domain name has sold 18 times in NameBio database with an average price of $934 and a median price of $206.

Now you need to look through the actual names to see where your name would place but as a very rough measure this suggests that CrabDiner is probably a $200 to $300 name. That can still be profitable as long as you sell enough without too much holding costs.

If these seem low, at least as NameBio reported, the median .com sale price is around $300 so these estimates are very much where most sales are happening (I know that the private sales to end users, and other non-disclosed retail would mean a higher real value. I think a lot of even experienced domainers don't fully realize that the majority of sales in .com, at least on NameBio, are in the $150 to $400 range. I calculate the median price each day and tweet it, and almost always it is less than $350 and not infrequently less than $300 and occasionally less than $250.

Bob

Last edited:
•••
One tool you should use, if you are not already doing that, is NameBio to look at past sales. Now it shows a mix of retail and wholesale, and does not include sales at some of the major venues like Afternic and Undeveloped (well not normally).

This method does not always work, so you need to include your own knowledge of a niche too of course, but with a compound word like CrabDiner, you can see how many times each half sells. For example sales starting with crab sold 13 times with an average price of $7987. But before you get too excited, the exact match crab in com was a huge sale. A better measure is the median, which is $370 for the 13 sales.

The word diner as the end of a domain name has sold 18 times in NameBio database with an average price of $934 and a median price of $206.

Now you need to look through the actual names to see where your name would place but as a very rough measure this suggests that CrabDiner is probably a $200 to $300 name. That can still be profitable as long as you sell enough without too much holding costs.

If these seem low, at least as NameBio reported, the median .com sale price is around $300 so these estimates are very much where most sales are happening (I know that the private sales to end users, and other non-disclosed retail would mean a higher real value. I think a lot of even experienced domainers don't fully realize that the majority of sales in .com, at least on NameBio, ore in the $150 to $400 range. I calculate the median price each day and tweet it, and almost always it is less than $350 and not infrequently less than $300 and occasionally less than $250.

Bob
Thanks Bob I was on namebio when your message came in. It's interesting reading

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back