NameSilo

question Advice on selling - Fees

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DiogoP

Established Member
Impact
Hi!

Well sorry to bother you guys with my newbie question but I think that everyone need to learn from somewhere and making questions :xf.grin:

So, I would like to know if anyone could tell me if I had to pay any fees or something when I sold/transferred the domain to a buyer ?

I am new on this industry and only have 3 domains registered but I would like to know if anyone make me an offer or BIN it I need to pay anything? or any fee? They are parked at SEDO but i am not sure if they are showing up on some SEDO market or something because my registrar NameCheap does not work with them yet, so I can not activate Sedo PremiumMLS.

Thanks a lot. (y)
Regards, Diogo

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey there Diogo,
Glad to have you on board. As far as I know, Every marketplace has their own commissions. For example, Sedo has a 15% (I think) sales commission. This means 15% of your sale goes to Sedo. Other than the marketplace's sales commission, you have Paypal and escrow fees which again, are deducted from your sales. Hope that helped.

•••
•••
@Jman92 @DefinitelyDomains thanks for your help.

And usually must be paid before I receive the buyer payment, right? I am asking it because I might not have "available" cash to pay the fee if it is to high.. well if the fee is to high maybe i have done a good sell :xf.smile:

Btw receive the payment over Paypal in your opinion is it safe? I heard something months ago that you can request money back in Paypal even after send it. (to be more specific in Twitch over Followers Donations)

Thanks a lot,
Diogo :xf.wink:

•••
And usually must be paid before I receive the buyer payment, right? I am asking it because I might not have "available" cash to pay the fee if it is to high.. well if the fee is to high maybe i have done a good sell :xf.smile:
The fee is deducted automatically from the sale price, you don't have to worry about anything.

Btw receive the payment over Paypal in your opinion is it safe? I heard something months ago that you can request money back in Paypal even after send it. (to be more specific in Twitch over Followers Donations)
If you're getting payments from the marketplace itself, and not the buyers directly, then yes, PayPal is perfectly safe.

•••
As far as the fees goes the market place will deduct it out of the transaction. I've heard that with PayPal the buyer can dispute the transaction. If that happens PayPal will send you a notification. You just have to respond back quickly.

•••
PayPal's terms of service are so unsteady, I'd be extra cautious if you use them. Your best bet is to use an escrow or service that has a built in escrow system. That way, if they chargeback it's up to the Escrow to deal with. Some escrow services are as cheap as 3%.

•••
MLS will cost you 20%.

Sedo marketplace is not mandatory at all... almost all users there - are just another domainers...
You may park at Bodis where Sale Form is provided for free...
Then you may use any escrow in case of sale... incl. Sedo External Escrow service (3% or min. $60).
And that's all.

•••
Regarding PayPal...
It is safe for the buyers only.

•••
@mdent @Tomhandsome @LoreMaster117 @Jurgen Wolf thank you all for the info (y)

I don't knew about that Bodis to park but will check it. I was wondering if I should transfer the domains to GoDaddy from Namecheap to sell them? Maybe would sell them quickly..

In fact I need to sell one to see how this thing work :) Thanks all

•••
No harm leaving them where they are. Namecheap is a recognised registrar for most. It would be a good idea to sell a domain - that way you can experience the buyer/seller process, learn as you go, and all wil become apparent.(y)

Last edited:
•••
...I was wondering if I should transfer the domains to GoDaddy from Namecheap to sell them? Maybe would sell them quickly..
Why? What's the difference, you think?
In fact I need to sell one to see how this thing work :) Thanks all
True that! :xf.smile:

•••
Why? What's the difference, you think?

I don't know :xf.grin: but I read a few posts that people sold them on GoDaddy so I thought that would be good :ROFL: well I will leave them on NameCheap and see how it goes..

Thanks all.(y)

•••
If your domains are good, you'll be able to sell them no matter where they're registered

•••
I don't knew about that Bodis to park but will check it. I was wondering if I should transfer the domains to GoDaddy from Namecheap to sell them? Maybe would sell them quickly..

You do not need to transfer your domains to godaddy in order to sell through godaddy auctions. All you need is godaddy auctions membership. After a domain is sold at godaddy auctions, its upto buyer whether to receive a push at current registrar or to get it transfered to godaddy.

To experience selling, namepros is also a good place to start. There is no selling fees here :xf.smile:

•••
@mdent and @VaibhavA That's true! So want to buy any ? :xf.grin: I need to gain experience :ROFL:

•••
Sure, post them at namepros auctions, will bid if I find them interesting :xf.smile:

•••
@VaibhavA they are posted already :xf.smile: I think you can find them by my nickname. I think that all info needed is there but if you think that would be nice to add anything more to sell them fast please tell me :xf.grin: (y)

•••
focus on endusers instead of other domainers, it's infinitely more profitable :)

•••
@RCO thanks for the tip, yesterday I started searching for endusers through Google, I am still trying to create some kind of strategy to find potential endusers. Thanks (y)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back