IT.COM

question Advice on getting Sedo domain appraisal for $50K-100K domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bluesky7

Established Member
Impact
In the context of a mid to high 5 figure domain name like https://www.namepros.com/threads/ne...-domain-a-p-p-h-u-b-com.1251673/#post-8393493 how much value is there in getting a professional domain appraisal by a company like https://sedo.com/us/services/domain-appraisal/ ?

Currently I am primarily relying on comparable transactions. For that I'm using namebio.com. But since I have a buyer with a current offer of $50K I'd like to understand market price as as best I can. How valuable is a domain appraisal service like sedo for that?

I'd be particularly interested in your own personal experience using sedo.com for domain appraisals. What what your experience? Or if you haven't used them specifically, your thoughts on domain appraisals in general could also be helpful.

Thanks!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Haven't personally paid for a Sedo appraisal, so maybe I'm not the best guy to comment

Considering the domainers who appraised it previously, its pretty conclusive what people think about it ...you may find Sedo saying the same, wasted money. If you want extra reassurance, then go ahead (assuming its an appraisal from a sensible professional, than automated)

$50k is respectable, you being satisfied with it is a different question. Push for more, wait longer ...your decision

Last edited:
•••
Automated appraisals are not worth anything, even when you dont have an offer.

Last edited:
•••
Hi

about 10 years ago, sedo did free appraisals
my portfolio there at the time, contained 696 names

Total Value @ Suggested Listing Price $2,341,550
Total Value @ Fair Market Value $416,900
Average Value @ Suggested Listing Price $215
Average Value @ Fair Market Value $603

the fee now for a single domain appraisal is about $99
or you can pay the $69 fee for broker service, + 15% fee if they sell the name.

maybe the broker can give better idea of value and other potentials, if you're willing to be bound by the commission, if the name gets sold.

if it doesn't sell, then at least you have some more knowledge and you're only out $69.

the issue though is time, as in how much time will current potential wait for you?

Good Luck!

imo....

•••
Totally agree, sedo for $99 will tell you exactly the same that you heard here already for free...

•••
Thanks everyone. The main reason I asked is because I was unclear if the sedo domain appraisal was by a human or not. I totally agree that if it's automated it's not worth anything. Found the sounds of the answers here, I think I'm hearing that it's probably and automated assessment.

•••
i m not the best guy to answer but i think all sites that will give you a domiane name value are not correct usually if not try godady tool

•••
I would throw $69 for a domain worths above $50k.
$69 is nothing compared to $50k+

•••
I would throw $69 for a domain worths above $50k.
$69 is nothing compared to $50k+

The issue was never the cost of a SEDO appraisal. The issue was whether it was done by a human with lots of domain appraisal experience or done by an automated algorithm. If the later then it's useless and not worth anything.

•••
The issue was never the cost of a SEDO appraisal. The issue was whether it was done by a human with lots of domain appraisal experience or done by an automated algorithm. If the later then it's useless and not worth anything.

100% accurate appraisal is not existed. I would be interested in its function more than its accuracy. If an appraisal helps in selling then accuracy shouldn't be a concern.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back