Domain Empire

question Advice on first domain name sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

justbazzar

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I am a complete noob but am finally in my first negotiations with a buyer for one of my domain names! I just don't know anything about what domain names are worth and if the offer is fair or if I am being undercut big time. To me $7000USD is a whole lot of money!

The domain name is NakedHub.com and the buyers "final" offer on the domain is $7000USD

The buyers first offer was $2500, then $5000 and now he is more firm at $7000USD

Would you's take that for the domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That's just selling pipe dreams.

Millions of investment dollars does not always translate to a huge spend for a domain name; no matter how much of a 'hard ass' one 'broker' is.

I don't think any of it should be 'deleted' or 'cleaned up'; this whole thread is an excellent learning tool for the community.
You're wrong. You have to remember that they want and need the domain. They will always go back to their last offer when they clearly have money to spend. If they didn't have money to spend or had other domain options then yes you would have to think differently but in this case you would be crazy not to do whatever it takes to get as much as possible for something that someone else really wants and has no other clear option but your domain.

•••
I would take that cash and run. - Sure someone in the world will pay more. - But depending on your investment - 2000 - is a great return if you hand reged it . In the matter of 1 hour of work or so (sure it was much less) You made an aditional $5000 for sending a few emails. Take the 7 thousand and use it to cement your portfolio with some gems.

Think of this - The extra time it takes him to accept the less likely he might actually be to stickaround - sometimes people get these huge ideas - and run with them - however Once it becomes a chore - the shine is gone so he might just realize he can go register a domain name for 8 bucks thats just a little bit different because its taking so long.

Last edited:
•••
•••
What kind of thread is this. OP, if you lost this sale, just know you caused it with your hands.

Good luck.

•••
because of the situation eg the offer and new info etc the right place to sell such a good domain is probably nsmescon 2017 and let the interested party bid for the name which would be fair and it would achieve market value and the person that wanted it the most would pay the most

•••
•••
because of the situation eg the offer and new info etc the right place to sell such a good domain is probably nsmescon 2017 and let the interested party bid for the name which would be fair and it would achieve market value and the person that wanted it the most would pay the most
That makes no sense. How would it achieve market value when there is only one real buyer for the name?

•••
Was looking an acceptable deal until @hookbox shared that information which turned the tables. Good luck:)

•••
•••
That makes no sense. How would it achieve market value when there is only one real buyer for the name?

what is the alternative?

•••
Push for a low 5 figures...Dont go overboard, remember you don't have many offers or end users like this fall back on if this go south.

•••
I'd like to hear from Op whatever happened with this deal!

•••
@justbazzar - we would all love to hear if you have any updates : smile : Thanks!

•••
We welcome you to NamePros as you begin working with us. I hope you will find joy and love in this kind of business.
Welcome aboard! :cigar:

•••
@justbazzar - looks like you completed the sale - Congrats! The company already moved in and it looks like a cool concept as well. If you care to share and are not under NDA, likely a lot of members would love to hear how this deal went for you.

New owner in whois, took a while from the start of this thread in late Nov 2016 - Updated: Thursday, January 12, 2017

Kudos to @hookbox for the heads up on research

•••
Glad to see it sold. Give us an update when you can. :)

•••
Personally as a noob I would take the 7k for it.

•••
Hi everyone! Firstly I would like to thank everyone for the advise they provided me with in the sale of this domain. Special shout-out to @hookbox who pointed out the the NakedHub brand and the funding they received, though everyone's advise was and is greatly appreciated.
I am under NDA so can't give away too much information, but I can say that from the information I received in this thread, negotiations progressed further and I am very happy with what I received in the end :)
Thank you everyone! I wonder if luck can strike twice?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thank you @Haris100 ! Such a massive stroke of luck. It hasn't fully registered with me yet, what happened and how lucky I got. I can't thank this forum enough. This has shown me that their really is money in domaining. I hope this thread shows others the importance of doing background research when negotiating a sale with a potential buyer.

•••
check estibot value before deciding any price

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back