NameSilo

Advice needed

Labeled as guide in General Domain Discussion started by mAd MaX, Apr 13, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. mr-x

mr-x Acme Domains Gold Account VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Much faster to go through all the trouble of creating another account at paypal and sedo.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. mAd MaX

mAd MaX Established Member

OK, you win! 🙏

3. mAd MaX

Positive about that, Sir!

4. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

Lawsuit has nothing to do with what you’re referring to. All US credit card processors must identify you fully including with social security number eventually. Identifying yourself to PayPal is not a “problem” it’s part of money laundering and tax reporting laws and requirements.

If you think that’s a problem then don’t accept credit card payments.

5. tldboss

tldboss Top Member VIP

https://sedo-us1.custhelp.com/app/a...can-i-remove-domains-from-my-account-in-bulk?

Export your domain list in excel format

Ask Sedo’s Customer Care staff to delist all your names

Run bulk whois/availability search on your exported domain list

Sort the bulk operation output by date, ignore expired or available names, ignore names that you don't want to list, compile the names that you want to list in excel format

Easy to do this in excel

Ask Sedo’s Customer Care staff to list selected names

No need to create a new account.

6. Furquah

Furquah Skipper VIP

Hire me to do this, I will do it for just $20. JK

As someone mentioned you can change your email account at PayPal but I think it's not good advice as if you come onto Sedo fraud screening your both account will be gone.

IMO

7. golan

golan GolanMedia.com Gold Account VIP

I have about 20 Paypal accounts, a half of them for my own data. No problemo,

Well a half of them are the latest creations, for taming Netsol. Will hardly be using them otherwise.

8. Cdomains

Cdomains Top Member VIP

No, my friend, you are wrong.

Just Goo/gle Pay/pal lawsuit and you will see it is about them holding peoples' money

and suspending and freezing accounts.

You will also see countless horror stories about people who lost their homes,

were evicted, and basically had their lives ruined because PP suspended, froze or

closed their accounts - for no good reason - and kept their money - the money they needed to live!!

Do some research before you make a comment.

Just because you and others here have not had a problem does not mean it

does not exist!

This has nothing to do with credit card processing.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  9. xynames

xynames XYNames.com PRO VIP

I am an expert on PayPal. People pay me to deal with them.

You’re talking about two very different things. Having your money held because you refuse to identify yourself to a credit card processor / is a loser lawsuit that gets nowhere and no attorney will undertake such a lawsuit.

In the US if you transact over 20k that is represented by over 200 transactions in a calendar year the credit card processor must by law issue you a 1099. Some credit card processors issue a 1099 for any amount even below this threshold. Arguing that I don’t need to identify myself when a processor needs or wants to report your gross proceeds to the federal government is a loser argument.

Having your money held because you for example are asked to identify your supplier / different matter. It is for those types of situations that you are referring to the lawsuits against PayPal which actually there haven’t been any in a long time.

And if you think that other credit card processors don’t hold up your money when an unusual transaction comes through and ask for some kind of verification you’re also mistaken.

People think that because PayPal lets you in the door without a social security number that they have no right to ask you for one. Wrong! Other credit card processors identify you and run your credit up front. PP lets you in and lets you do some small transactions before they hit you with the identification request - that’s the way they work and that has never changed.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2019
  10. dande

dande UNNATURE.COM VIP

Clean up your old account and get back to using it. New account is not very much good for business as some buyers do take consideration of how long you have been selling

11. otismo

otismo Established Member

sedo charges for appraisals now, don't they ?

used to be free, right ?

I asked them to broker a name - they just closed the ticket, no further response.....

I know they do a lot of deals, just do not seem to want to work for me.....

12. Ostrados

Ostrados Entrepreneur VIP

1- Change email address of your PP account
    2- Use new PP address in new Sedo
    3- Problem solved

13. Cdomains

Cdomains Top Member VIP

You have it backwards.

My account was not frozen because I refused to give IDs.

They already had the important docs.

I refused to give additional documentation after my account was frozen!!

The amount of additional documentation they wanted, just to unfreeze my account

was unreasonable, unnecessary and unwarranted!!

I am aware that cc processors require personal info and I have given it and

have no problem giving it.

My issue was that my account was frozen without prior warning and for no good reason.

This is all I have to say on this.

I am out.

14. NameBuyer.com

NameBuyer.com Upgraded Member Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

I would just use Excel with some VLOOKUPs. Download your registrar domains into one sheet, then in your sedo sheet do VLOOKUPs to the registrar sheet to find missing ones. Then sort it by the vlookup column, delete the missing entries, and send it to sedo to upload. You don't even need to mess with it.

Just send them the file and you're done.

Once you setup the vlookup, it will be easy maintenance in the future.

upload_2019-4-15_5-24-43.png

Last edited: Apr 15, 2019
  15. NamesMax

NamesMax Top Member VIP

Although Sedo currently is fast at removing expired names, I have found some very old names still listed from that I failed to remove. It is also does not remove name sold (not dropped) if you fail to remove them. We all need to develop processes to help us remove these from marketplaces like Sedo, Afternic, etc.

16. dande

dande UNNATURE.COM VIP

Select every name you no longer want to be in your Sedo account and click on "Delete". Sedo will remove them in your account completely within days

17. stub

stub Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

2500/200 = 12.5 deletes. That isn't a big task.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  18. mAd MaX

If I delete all my listings...there are few active domains.

I closed my new account with Sedo. Thanks all for your advices and suggestions. 👍

19. stub

stub Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I wasn't suggesting you delete all your domains. Just the expired ones. So I was probably quoting the maximum number of deletes :) But that doesn't including sorting out which domains are expired and should be deleted. which would add some time. But it's not an awesome or daunting task. Especially since you only have a few active domains. It should be a lesson to you not to leave the maintenance unattended for such a long time :) I'm happy you have found a solution. Cheers!.

Me? I deleted all my domains thinking "no problem to upload a new list". Until Sedo wanted me again to forward every domain to them. Which I declined :(

Last edited: Apr 19, 2019
  20. NamesMax

NamesMax Top Member VIP

That Goes without saying.

BaileyUK said:
    I'm surprised at that, Sedo have always been pretty fast at removing my expired domains

My discussion that, While SEDO has been removing expired names lately, there are still expired names from before they started that check and balance. Those names remain in accounts and we need to go back to delete them, because SEDO's new program has not done that.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: