IT.COM

advice Advice needed for selling .org to .info owner

NameSilo
Watch

Clover

Find your luckTop Member
Impact
Hello, I found an e-commerce website that is running off of a .info domain and has been since 2014, but I checked and the .org dropped shortly after the .info was registered, and this seems to be a good potential buyer.

I have zero experience with sales, my initial thought is to just email these people a link to buy this domain for like $500 from Dan.com, being a .org brandable and I rather stay focused on a quick sale that I feel good will go through.

The company is "L i s t e x", it's based in Ukraine and apparently has a staff of 11-50 people.

The page has seen a 30% decrease in traffic that past month I'm assuming due to the crisis going on in Ukraine. I'm not really sure how to go about pitching this, especially now that I realize it, to people who probably don't care about the upgrade right now, but who knows.

Any tips are appreciated because I don't know what I'm doing with this outbound stuff.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Also, the company seems active and has recent google reviews, and the footer of their site says 2022, so I'm sure it's active, just not thriving.

Maybe I'll just email them a link to buy the domain for$300 and see how that plays out, but any other tips would be nice, like reasons why they should choose .org over .info and why the $300 is worth it.

•••
You can try, why not. But you said they "probably don't care about the upgrade right now".
Also, frankly, they have no reason to switch to .org which caters mainly to non-profit organizations
I don't think I ever stumbled across a retail online store that used .org
Despite these 2 factors, it costs you nothing to try and let them know you have it ;)

Last edited:
•••
Hi

.org isn't necessarily an upgrade for .info or for any other extension for that matter like .com is.

also, since site is based in Ukraine, then .info probably was their preference.

additionally, switching to a .org or using it to redirect, wouldn't be beneficial,
unless you can show "definitive proof" of traffic.

and don't lie, mislead, insinuate or allude to anything that is not true, if you decide to solicit anyone.

imo...

Last edited:
•••
Hi

.org isn't necessarily an upgrade for .info or for any other extension for that matter like .com is.

also, since site is based in Ukraine, then .info probably was their preference.

additionally, switching to a .org or using it to redirect, wouldn't be beneficial,
unless you can show "definitive proof" of traffic.

and don't lie, mislead, insinuate or allude to anything that is not true, if you decide to solicit anyone.

imo...
Just gonna list it for like 49-99$, send them a link and cross my fingers to get it out of my hands, not looking to hold onto anything more! Shoulda asked around before buying it, 7 dollar lesson learned.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back