IT.COM

Advanced search parameters you are using for domain search

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

johnar

Account Closed
Impact
Hello everybody! I am looking at adding advanced search features to Bidline.Name Domain Search (right now it does only basic keyword search)

"Lappanion" on this board suggested a parameter to restrict search to single word domain names, or to 3 character domains.

I was thinking about including also an option to filter by price range, as well as domain length and TLDs.

Any other parameters you guys are using when searching for domain name on marketplaces or other domain search engines?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello everybody! I am looking at adding advanced search features to Bidline.Name Domain Search (right now it does only basic keyword search)

"Lappanion" on this board suggested a parameter to restrict search to single word domain names, or to 3 character domains.

I was thinking about including also an option to filter by price range, as well as domain length and TLDs.

Any other parameters you guys are using when searching for domain name on marketplaces or other domain search engines?

Nice tool :tu:-, those mentioned above would be good, Can you add a - starts with - ends with - age of domain + choice of showing hyphens or numbers ?

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
will do.

What do you mean by "age of a domamin"? When it was first registered?

Thanks for the feedaback,

•••
OK, I've added the advanced filter on the left frame: by extension, by length, by price, by listing date and various string matching options like hypens. Please have a look:

Bidline.name Domain Auction Search

(sorry it took so long, but I had to build several new indexes to make the search with advanced parameters fast... don;t expect google-speed though, the site still works out of the machine under my desk for now....)

Fazzi, I haven't done the "start with" and "end with" piece yet, but I'll include that in a proper "advanced search" piece. The # of words is a bit more problematic, so it'll take longer :(

Anything else you guys want?

•••
Sorry, I had turned off the domain sales history below the search results... it is back ON. i.e:
worker - Bidline.name Domain Auction Search

(history=all previous sales fromt he DN Journal mostly... though they come up surprisingly often... probably tell you we are "recycling" a lot of domains....)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back