NameSilo

Addon domains -- Can you mix TLDs?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I was trying to addon a domain (.info) to a hosting account I have (.com) -- it never occurred to me that the TLDs might have to be the same in both the main domain and the addon domain.

Have any of you encountered this before?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can add a .info for a addon domain.... and ect.. it should not matter what ext your domain is

•••
I've been able to use .com, .net, .org, .us, .biz, .info, .bz, .cc, and any other domain extension I use in cPanel's Addon domains (I'm assuming you're using cPanel). There's no reason there would be any limitation what extension you could use since a domain is a domain. ;)

•••
Please Help ME!!!

Hello IT'ers...

I just registered 2 domains for my new business and wanted to know what I had to do in order to point my server addresses in the right direction. I purchased the domains on ISBwebPro.com and have no idea if I have to call my previous service provider (Network Solutions) ir order to sort it all out?

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME???!!!

•••
Actually there's no limitation on the extension of addon domains. Just remember to change the nameservers before adding it.

•••
do you have problems adding the domains in CP or can set up them but they won't show on the web? Anyway, there should be no limitations 100% unless your host is a smart a..

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back