NameSilo

Addon domain is not in Public_html

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
ok i have this domain Aquariumtalks.com and I added it to one of my shared hosting accounts as an addon domain. If I goto FTP Maneger in Cpanel all work perfectly. I even Upload the home to page. But if I check in Filezilla there aren't a folder for this site in public_html... So i can't upload anything through fileZilla. Anyone know whats wrong ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Two things maybe - some hosting panels won't automatically create the new directory when adding add-on domains. You may also have to hit the refresh function in filezilla.

•••
Did you specify the directory while creating the addon domain?

•••
whitebark said:
Two things maybe - some hosting panels won't automatically create the new directory when adding add-on domains. You may also have to hit the refresh function in filezilla.

Cpanel File manger shows the folder under public_html. I even uploaded a page to the site and its working. Only in filezilla it doesn't shows inside public_html.

iHubNet-Matt said:
Did you specify the directory while creating the addon domain?

Document root is " /public_html/aquariumtalks.com ".

Edit : Problem is FileZilla. I downloaded SmartFTP and it shows the domain. This is strange i have used FileZilla like 5 years and this is the first time I got a problem with it.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I reinstalled FileZilla and now it shows ! But thanks Webload I installed that plugin in FF. It seems great too.

•••
That also might have some time to creat folder. And that must be separate folder. And believe me no one knows better how are things proceed then your web hosting support team.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back