IT.COM

Addon domain folder structure

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi there,

I've been around this problem and kindly ask for some help.

- Just configured (by the book) an addon domain in my cpanel host account on a new folder inside public_html.

- Both the two sites (joomla-maindomain.com and wordpress-addondomain.com) are running smoothly.

- When I load wordpress-addondomain.com and check the source code, the folder structure is: joomla-maindomain.com/wordpress-addondomain/whatever

Is there a way to change this complete path and hide the maindomain folder?

My idea is to prevent users to know my primary site when checking the source code of the addondomain site and keep a cleaner folder structure.

Thanks in advance

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
You could look into using a 301 redirect so that the subdomain/sub-directory is redirected to wordpress-addondomain.com.

Alternatively, when you installed Wordpress (maybe using Fantastico?) its "website url" was misconfigured, so it needs to be corrected: http://codex.wordpress.org/Changing_The_Site_URL

•••
Thank you,

I've followed your link and made some changes in wp-config. That partially solved my problem but still with some "maindomain" folder path.

I've installed wordpress by ftp so probably that's the main issue... will now do a clean install with softaculous.

•••
Thank you,

I've followed your link and made some changes in wp-config. That partially solved my problem but still with some "maindomain" folder path.

I've installed wordpress by ftp so probably that's the main issue... will now do a clean install with softaculous.

I suppose that does not matter which way of installation you are using. You just need to make sure your web host support all needed PHP and MySQL.

•••
Did you change the links in the wordpress control panel?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back