Domain Empire

Adding an add-on domain?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bentong

Hari ng SablayVIP Member
Impact
when adding an add-on domain, do you still have to setup for the redirection?

the add-on was added as a subfolder hence I got www.domain.com/addon1/ after I add the domain..is this normal?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
CPanel always creates a subfolder for you where you can upload your files, but by no means you have to use the subdomain URL... instead you can just access it via addon1.com or whatever domain you added-on

•••
the url of the add-on domain was now www.domain.com/addon1/ when I enter on the address bar.

I thought, after adding the addon, it will be automatically to www.addon1.com

any thoughts?

•••
Well the point is you shouldn't/needn't access your addon domain using www.domain.com/addon1/, since that will only display the files addon1.com has. You should access your addon domain via www.addon1.com only. If you add a redirector, it will go back in an infinite loop, as addon1.com uses the files that were uploaded to www.domain.com/addon1/

•••
•••
bentong,
That shouldn't be the case. If you have added on a domain in Cpanel, you should access your domain through www.addon1.com

Did you set up anything in the subfolder public_html/addon1?

•••
thanks for all your help. problem now resolved...

I guess, the dns hasn't resolved yet when I access www.addon1.com

thanks! :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back