Top Member
Impact
What sounds better ?

Mike Mann got ActionFund.com for 49.888.-$
Mike Ehrhardt got Action.fund
49.888.-$

Here we go

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Actionfund .com is probably worth much more than Action .fund. At least for now.

If I had my new gTLDs combos (keyword+TLD) in .com, the price would probably tenfold. Personally I (obviously) hope this will change in the future, but who knows. Only the future can tell...

•••
.COM is better. It is well known, credible, and you don't have to explain anything.

Brad

•••
•••
•••
Id always go with the .com

•••
•••
Well, .com is the King. ActionFund.com is certainly worth more than the other.

But I like Action.Fund because it stands out from the crowd and also easy to remember.

Just my opinion....

•••
•••
This has been discussed so many times, Keyword+ngTLD.com or keyword.ngTLD
As for now .com will be the first choice, and is safe to say even for the future.

•••
Actionfund.com is better in terms of the name only. Most likely depends on who develops it into a site.

•••
End users have already spoken, it is .com, your wish it not yet a reality, and judging by the projection of gtlds since their launch, never will be.

•••
Is this the turning point that ngTLDers have been waiting for? :xf.wink:

I'm not for or against new gTLDs - some make a lot of sense and so are very usable, and therefore saleable. But generally, they'll never have the prestige of a .com, which will always be coveted.

Last edited:
•••
I am sure the users or customers of action.fund will be visiting daily on actionfund.com The .com is better.

•••
It depends on the usage and marketing. Example no_url_shorteners is used widely, do you they don't go to bit.com to do url shorterner?

If you develop the site, adapt your users to it, it will work. Usage creates a pattern and a pattern creates a record and a record =a norm or standard.

•••
Bitly is an other story. They started their service as a non com site, and it makes sense to have a shorter url for the service they offer. Anyway, at this moment the main site is no_url_shorteners

•••
b-t.energy

huge...

Bill Gates invested 1 Billion $

•••
There isn't enough water in the .com well. When people get thirsty they will go for another well for water.

Those who were used to the taste of .com water would cry that the other water tastes different/awful. Reality is there is a demand for water and if they don't get it in .com well they will take it from some other.

The difference is who makes the best out of it.........and, its just a matter of time customers get used to the ngTLDs.

Change is inevitable...

•••
•••
•••
The same can be said of Stock Market vs BitCoin. In the past US and European institutions shun BitCoin, especially big banks because they were riding on stock market speculation. Same can be said of Facebook, once usage is huge enough to have an economy it becomes the "norm".

•••
The new extensions are not even new anymore. Many of these have been around 3 - 4 years now.
There was a window to gain traction and they did not. Now the entire program has been losing registrations.

How many new extensions have you actually seen in use in the real world? Usage might lead to something becoming the norm, but years in there is hardly any usage.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
ActionFund.com is better than
Action.fund
but Action.fund is better than TheActionFund.com (3 words)

•••
Its true, not many usage, because most innovators innovate on their business and they don't care about extension until they need it, I am a domainer like many others are purely speculative. Don't expect domainers to develop or use anything much.

But here's the case. Dot.cn China and Japan they use it in their own language and it is a norm. The audience have to be big in terms of millions and usage must be frequent. Its like speculating on .cn, but in fact .cn does have usage!

•••
•••
Back