IT.COM

status-duplicate Accidental Comments and Edit Times

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impact
I think this incident kinda shows that GoDaddy are not an honest broker anymore running their own auctions. Their systems are automated. This kind of problem shouldn't even exist. [B]@Joe Styler[/B]

@Joe Styler - I asked the Mods to delete this post. But they refused to delete it. Stating that they will only delete posts which break some rule of the forum. Unfortunately it seems, common courtesy, does not constitute a rule of this forum. So we can post outright lies, maybe even unsubstantiated false slanderous accusations, which this turned out to be (unbeknownst to me at the time), and it stays for posterity. Because no rule of the forum was broken. The same applies to your reply, which I also asked them to delete.

They said this might cause disruption to the flow of the thread. But I don't see that logic, since there is only my post and your reply, and now this reply. Which seems to be more disruptive than a deletion of 2 posts would have made.

And so I again apologize for this post. However there appears to be no way, NP Mods are prepared to delete it. Their only solution was to add to the mess by replying to my own thread retracting my statement. Which I wholeheartedly agree, that the content of my post was unsubstantiated, leading to a conclusion, which was not warranted. Please accept my profuse apologies.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I do not take it personally. I am not upset by it. I do want people to know that the auctions here are fair for everyone and that we work very hard to keep things that way.

•••
This thread was moved because it took the original thread off-topic and contains valuable feedback that our team can learn from.

Additionally, please keep the following rule in mind because we generally have to remove content that violates this rule.
1.5. Do not post anything suggestive or critical of NamePros (e.g., policy, staff, or moderation activity: infractions, content approval, edited/deleted posts, etc.) except in the designated areas for customer support (private) and feedback (public).

Thank you for understanding.

•••
You didn't move the whole thread here. The original post and Joe's reply you left in the old thread.

It was the mod who replied to me who told me to post a reply to my original post. To complete the cycle of the post. Which is what I did. So now you have removed the completion of that process by removing my rebuttal above. I felt I needed to explained to the members of that thread why I was forced to post in the thread rather than just to have the post deleted. There needs to be a rule that common courtesy should be respected, and lies and unsubstantiated false and slanderous statements should not be tolerated.

It seems to me if you don't have a rule forbidding what was it I said in my post above, "Unfortunately it seems, common courtesy, does not constitute a rule of this forum. So we can post outright lies, maybe even unsubstantiated false slanderous accusations, which this turned out to be (unbeknownst to me at the time), and it stays for posterity." Then I think there should be a rule for that. IMHO.

Last edited:
•••
Hello,

Here are two related threads about this:
  1. https://www.namepros.com/threads/un...-should-namepros-delete-edit-content.1021013/
  2. https://www.namepros.com/threads/un...-their-own-content-be-deleted-edited.1021012/

Also, please remember this rule when posting:
  • 1.5. Do not post anything suggestive or critical of NamePros (e.g., policy, staff, or moderation activity: infractions, content approval, edited/deleted posts, etc.) except in the designated areas for customer support (private) and feedback (public).
If that rule is violated, then the post (and replies to it) will be deleted or moved if they're brought to our attention, which is what happened here.

We hope that helps clarify everything.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back