NameSilo

question About highest bidder at Flippa?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

bayucandra

Logo designerEstablished Member
Impact
I am totally newbie in domain world. Before going to flippa, I used to buying and selling domains at Godaddy auction. There, the highest bidder is bound by having to buy a domain that he won.
I wonder if the highest bidder in an auction in flippa as well. What if the highest bidder does not buy domain that he won?.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
?
All auctions the highest bidder is bound to buy the name, if they don't their a/c will be suspended.

•••
?
All auctions the highest bidder is bound to buy the name, if they don't their a/c will be suspended.
And what about the auction that he won?. Awarded to second winner, re-listed, or any alternative condition?.

•••
When someone bid on your auction. Flippa send an email to accept or reject Bidder by viewing their profile. But what i do. I accept all the bidders except few who has negative feedback. I saw many new Great bidders with new profile who recently joined flippa but they bid and pay better than old bidders. You can use Free Flippa escrow to secure sale amount. If any point something goes wrong by the bidder. You can file the dispute and Flippa will relist your domain even after the listing ended as SOLD.

•••
And what about the auction that he won?. Awarded to second winner, re-listed, or any alternative condition?.

The name would have to be re-listed, or the owner might contact the 2nd highest bidder to see if they could reach an agreement.

•••
The name would have to be re-listed, or the owner might contact the 2nd highest bidder to see if they could reach an agreement.

The Name only can be relisted by Flippa if it mark as SOLD. if you will relist again you have to pay $9 Fee.
So Flippa give you option by reviewing your dispute and only they take the decision.

•••
•••
My motto "if your not going to pay then back off and don't bid" it's an unfair inconvenience for all sellers to have to deal with awkward bidders who have no intention of paying.

•••
Unfortunately Flippa doesn't protect buyers, even in case with BID option. If you trying to buy something from catalog using BIN option seller still can reject your offer, not cool. :(

•••
Unfortunately Flippa doesn't protect buyers, even in case with BID option. If you trying to buy something from catalog using BIN option seller still can reject your offer, not cool. :(
Seller has option to accept or reject bin price for catlogue but this criteria doesn't apply on auction listing if bidder already approved for bidding by seller.As seller i like this option because sellers mostly sell domains on different platforms and we didn't update catlogue list everyday and i think this option is necessary and good because many buyers has negative feedback.

•••
And as a buyer in this case I don't like this option.
If you selling stuff you gotta be serious about what you doing and its not hard to update info and delete 1 domain from 2-3 websites if you sold it. Professional sellers will do it.

If Flippa rejects not approved users that's fine, no one like scammers, but allowing sellers cherrypick is not good for business either. When you press that button deals is made and must be executed. Otherwise why even bother with buying through BIN if you know it's not for certain and seller can back out of agreement to sell? People must think twice BEFORE setting BIN price, not AFTER. I will rather buy on GoDaddy than, because I know for sure, that if I hit BIN button domain will end in my cart and after I pay it's mine. Boom!

Clear process of buy/sell is what separates serious business like GoDaddy from 2nd-tier companies like Flippa. That's pretty important aspect, imho, you can see that GoDaddy cares more about buyers and Flippa about sellers. Maybe because they make most money of sellers?! :-o
My conclusion from this experience: buy on GoDaddy, sell on Flippa :-,

•••
And as a buyer in this case I don't like this option.
If you selling stuff you gotta be serious about what you doing and its not hard to update info and delete 1 domain from 2-3 websites if you sold it. Professional sellers will do it.

If Flippa rejects not approved users that's fine, no one like scammers, but allowing sellers cherrypick is not good for business either. When you press that button deals is made and must be executed. Otherwise why even bother with buying through BIN if you know it's not for certain and seller can back out of agreement to sell? People must think twice BEFORE setting BIN price, not AFTER. I will rather buy on GoDaddy than, because I know for sure, that if I hit BIN button domain will end in my cart and after I pay it's mine. Boom!

Clear process of buy/sell is what separates serious business like GoDaddy from 2nd-tier companies like Flippa. That's pretty important aspect, imho, you can see that GoDaddy cares more about buyers and Flippa about sellers. Maybe because they make most money of sellers?! :-o
My conclusion from this experience: buy on GoDaddy, sell on Flippa :-,
If you are honest and loyal that doesn't mean everybody will be same. If you are selling a domain and you have 20 loyal bidders but at that time a scammer end the listing by bin price and didn't pay after that. To whom you are gonna blame. That's y flippa give this option to the seller to accept or reject bidder by viewing their profiles. I'm selling on flippa and i never reject a bidder i just don't accpet paypal payment if bidder has negative feedback or don't have any previous feedback. Since Free flippa escrow is involved sellers are mush flexible to the buyers.

•••
That exactly what I'm talking about. On Flippa you need to worry about people with negative feedback, if they scammer or not, will they pay, etc.. It means they business processes are not perfect and full of loopholes that bad people exploit. What you think of business that allows scammers present there?

How many scammers have you seen on GoDaddy and eBay? And how long will they exist there? If you did something wrong on those platforms they either ban your account or restrict you from using it on auctions so you can't scam honest people. That's what separates leaders of industry from semi-professionals. To improve trust of platform you must accept zero tolerance policy towards scammers. Then good clients: buyers and sellers don't need to worry who will pay, who will not. Update the rules, collect personal info, so when person makes a bid he's takes legal obligation to pay the money. If he's from country where high % of scammers - make him deposit money on Flippa's account before bidding, there are many ways to improve the current system. But you must create atmosphere of 100% trust, so people don't have to deal with this problems.

•••
@djum Flippa also has the same policy like ebay and Godaddy. just imagine you are running an auction with highest bid of $25000 and a scammer scammed you. off course flippa will ban that bidder but you just lost $25k Deal. ebay and godaddy also do the same. last month i was selling a domain on godaddy someone bid on auction $310 domain and he won. By default the every auction domain go on hold until buyer make the payment But he didn't make the payment and godaddy offer the domain to the second highest bidder. but he also reject that. Received the email from the godaddy. we are sorry the domain hadn't sold and we have take the action against bidder. Bla bla Bla.. That's it. I wasted my 7 days and lost the deal of $310. Ebay also do the same. Everyone reaction only after the action. There's no way to judge the bidder is a scammer or a serious buyer.

2nd:- Flippa verifying Bidders above $5000+ amount of bid...!

•••
//Flippa also has the same policy like ebay and Godaddy.

No, they not. I made the bid through BIN button. For 3 days it remained idle, then I received message from Flippa, that my bid was canceled, since seller didn't take his action. I filed the ticket, after exchanging emails with support they pointed me to the rules, describing buy/sell process and there's small abstract about 72 hour rule saying that they will auto-cancel the bid. No further explanation, while it's clear that seller can abuse the system, they receive email for all the bids and if they don't like it can just not login and let the bid be auto-canceled by the system 72 hours late. And most important, no one was banned, it means Flippa is fine with such behavior and that person can continue to sell domains from his catalog and scam people with fake prices. Support offered me to bid on this domain again, WTF?! Why bother and waste more time if the same will happen and bid will be auto-canceled? They didn't offer to contact seller and make them accountable for their BIN offers. That's a huge difference, between Flippa and GoDaddy in this department. Shits happens on every platform, but when GD try to do their best to eliminate it next time and weed out the scammers, Flippa just doesn't care.

•••

When you press that button deals is made and must be executed. Otherwise why even bother with buying through BIN if you know it's not for certain and seller can back out of agreement to sell? People must think twice BEFORE setting BIN price, not AFTER.

That exactly what I'm talking about. On Flippa you need to worry about people with negative feedback, if they scammer or not, will they pay, etc.. It means they business processes are not perfect and full of loopholes that bad people exploit. What you think of business that allows scammers present there?

How many scammers have you seen on GoDaddy and eBay? ...you must accept zero tolerance policy towards scammers.

//Flippa also has the same policy like ebay and Godaddy.

No, they not. I made the bid through BIN button. For 3 days it remained idle, then I received message from Flippa, that my bid was canceled, since seller didn't take his action. I filed the ticket, after exchanging emails with support they pointed me to the rules, describing buy/sell process and there's small abstract about 72 hour rule saying that they will auto-cancel the bid. No further explanation, while it's clear that seller can abuse the system, they receive email for all the bids and if they don't like it can just not login and let the bid be auto-canceled by the system 72 hours late. And most important, no one was banned, it means Flippa is fine with such behavior and that person can continue to sell domains from his catalog and scam people with fake prices. Support offered me to bid on this domain again, WTF?! Why bother and waste more time if the same will happen and bid will be auto-canceled? They didn't offer to contact seller and make them accountable for their BIN offers. That's a huge difference, between Flippa and GoDaddy in this department. Shits happens on every platform, but when GD try to do their best to eliminate it next time and weed out the scammers, Flippa just doesn't care.

I appreciate your feedback and understand your frustrations as to sellers failing to respond to, or even approve, Buy it Now offers.

One thing to be clear is that the seller has discretion whether they want to carry out the sale or not; they have final say, and must click 'Accept' in order to actually approve the sale. It is not automatic upon a buyer's offer being submitted.

There are times that things are initially mis-priced, or maybe pricing or inventory has changed before an update could be applied (applicable to large portfolio holders), or maybe the seller just doesn't want to sell at that moment.

I totally see your point and I'll look into whether we're off-base with this, but at the moment I think that the seller should have control over accepting or rejecting offers, just like they would over any other form of communication.

It's not binding until they hit 'Accept.' After that, then they must carry out the transaction. I'm happy to report that there are few instances where they seller withholds the domain from the buyer; it's mostly issues we have with buyers walking away from the sale, not the other way around.

We're actively working to improve the Portfolio Section -- formerly known as the Flippa Domain Catalog.

We've just made some major enhancements to the look and feel, as well as overall functionality. You can now bulk-upload your portfolio, delete in bulk, edit/apply updates in bulk, and see how many offers exist on your domains (among other user interface improvements).

Keen to hear others' feedback on this issue and any other questions/requests in the Portfolio Section.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back