Dynadot

question About 4.cn Ownership Verification to those who used 4.cn before

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

naimenim

Established Member
Impact
I listed few domains on 4.cn yesterday and it's still showing "pending ownership verification". It shouldn't take much time because my email on whois and the one I registered on 4.cn with are same. Is it like a approval process like brandbucket or namerific approval system?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i had the same question in mind but never asked before.

I submitted 4 months before but still it's pending :(

•••
4 months! That's bad...may be they want us to use the paid (hotsales) listing option..It doesn't require ownership verification :guilty:

•••
•••
Their support is shockingly bad. It's pot luck. Even when you're assigned a broker.

•••
I listed few domains on 4.cn yesterday and it's still showing "pending ownership verification". It shouldn't take much time because my email on whois and the one I registered on 4.cn with are same. Is it like a approval process like brandbucket or namerific approval system?

Are your nameservers
ns1.4.cn
ns2.4.cn

•••
You can manually verify it from your acnt at 4cn (no whois privacy) or change nameservers to ns1.4.cn , ns2.4.cn (with whois privacy)
log-in > my account > my domains > and change your view to ownership verification from the drop down
and click verify now button.

29953_8f1193d0eb5e158b687e97c93f2df4b9.png

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 44
•••
I've emailed their support 4 times in the past week and have had no response from them whatsoever. I have been trying to buy a particular domain on there and it keeps timing out. Absolutely shocking.

•••
LOL, I was hoping to be verified in few hours but that wasn't the case.

•••
Anyone able to sale a domain through 4.cn?

•••
•••
The verification was done within a minute just after changing the nameservers to ns1.4.cn and ns2.4.cn

Thanks to all.

•••
•••
4.cn has one of the easiest owner verification system, you can bind your email to your account, so if whois and bind email is same, domain is verified, they only have problems with godaddy sometimes, as godaddy limit whois lookups, i got a reply back in 48 hours last time i emailed, but that was a long time ago.

•••
Their system is extremely slow. I also put some names to there but still need a verification :/

•••
Make a temporary nameserver change to ns1.4.cn and ns2.4.cn

Once ownership is verified, you can change them back.

•••
am planing on selling some of my domains at 4.cn any good result?

•••
I am having trouble verifying the domains even with the name servers changed.

I am just listing the numeric domains and CCC.com domains since Chinese buyers like those type of domains.

•••
4.cn has one of the easiest owner verification system, you can bind your email to your account, so if whois and bind email is same, domain is verified, they only have problems with godaddy sometimes, as godaddy limit whois lookups, i got a reply back in 48 hours last time i emailed, but that was a long time ago.

All my domains linked with one email same as 4.cn email but unable to verify single domain by auto system.

Changing nameservers will take more time to update

•••

All my domains linked with one email same as 4.cn email but unable to verify single domain by auto system.

Changing nameservers will take more time to update

If you have "binded" the email on their verification system, and the domains are not on godaddy it should be instant, i added a new domain only yesterday, and it worked straight away.

•••
I have placed some domains in my list and those from GoDaddy and Gandi.net where not validating.
Tried the NameServer change to ns1.4.cn/ns2.4.cn but it didn't work.
Contacted their customer support and got an answer in the same day - all pending domain names where manually verified.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back