NameSilo

About 32 day limit for threads getting locked

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi,

Today I wanted to post in a thread I opened and I received a warning saying, t has been longer than 32 days since the last post (it was the 33.rd day today) and therefore I can not post.

My thread was in "Domain Name Discussion" section.

1. Is this 32 day limit effective on all forum sections?
2. Is the 32 day limit the same for all membership types?
3. What should I do? Do I just open a new thread? The thread was about my website. I don't mind opening many threads about my site. It is good for publicity. But I would rather run one thread and keep things organised.

The reason why I didn't post for 33 days was because I didn't want to advertise my site every other day. I was collecting the things I wanted to post, to make a big post once in a while. Well, it turns out, I waited one day too many.

There goes my thread to the rubbish bin:
http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/650424-namecatch-com-official-thread.html

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi,

Today I wanted to post in a thread I opened and I received a warning saying, t has been longer than 32 days since the last post (it was the 33.rd day today) and therefore I can not post.

3. What should I do? Do I just open a new thread? The thread was about my website. I don't mind opening many threads about my site. It is good for publicity. But I would rather run one thread and keep things organised.

The reason why I didn't post for 33 days was because I didn't want to advertise my site every other day. I was collecting the things I wanted to post, to make a big post once in a while. Well, it turns out, I waited one day too many.

http://www.namepros.com/domain-name-discussion/650424-namecatch-com-official-thread.html

You can still post in that thread, just check the box at the bottom...

I am aware that this thread is rather old, but I still want to make a reply.

right below the blank page where you enter text, (in the "quick reply" box).

Good Luck,
Vito

•••
Wow, thanks. That's the first good news I have heard for the last two days.

•••

ahhh cool ya got it!

no problem, anytime :)

Take Care,
Vito

•••

Just ask someone for assistance if you have an issue.
Instead of jumping to conclusions.

You stated in your post you didn't want to advertise every day - please keep in mind this is
in the Domain Discussion forum. Not the advertising forum
(where it was originally) before you asked another mod to move it to the Domain
Discussion forum. ;)

•••

You stated in your post you didn't want to advertise every day - please keep in mind this is
Discussion forum. ;)

Wendy, I don't understand why you posted such an aggressive and unfair message. What did I do to deserve your message?

Can you please have a look at the message namepros displays:
http://i50.tinypic.com/fw4q5v.gif

When I tried posting I saw that message. As you see it says "you can not reply" and it also says the thread is old. So I came here to ask how to approach the issue. I found out that the warning message is not correct. You can actually post.

You quoted that particular message of mine but it doesn't have anything to do with the subject. I was tired for two days because somebody copied my website. I even opened another thread about that.

Do you mind telling me what those conclusions are because serious I don't understand at all what you mean.

Discussion forum.

That's right yes. I'm not one of those guys who would continuously post new messages just to keep his thread on first page. As you see I didn't post for over a month. So, I'm saying I don't like advertising and you are saying this is not the advertising section. I know that. But why are you saying that?

I'm totally confused by your message and your approach to the issue. I don't understand anything. A couple of other websites have their official threads in the discussion forum.

You made me feel unwelcome. I'm not impressed by your approach and I haven't even done anything. I wonder what would happen if I did something wrong. Is this how you help people who ask for information and advice?

•••
Hi,

My comments were directed to the bolded parts.
The conclusion's are blue.
My post wasn't meant to sound aggressive, just following the tone in yours.

•••
This was implemented to make it a little more difficult for the spammers, who would often join the forum and then comment on really old threads to up their post count (which had their spammy links in their signatures) it just made them have to take one more step. It worked out pretty well. Sorry if it was a little frustrating for you.

~Rachel

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back