IT.COM

information A ton of generic .biz auctions ended on eBay

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
did anyone here get any?
i'm no .biz fan, but some of those keywords were too good to not bid on.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
there are tons of generic .biz domains dropping daily.. that's $6 regfee on name.com

but if you post names and prices I am sure you will get some comments about the deals you or others got.

ty

Last edited:
•••
These are all tied to the landrush of .BIZ back in 2002. It is a yearly event for extensions like .BIZ and .US.

I did a scan of several hundred of the best and 90% are owned by the same owner, who in the past has let domains expire then renewed them.

I did pick up a handful of bargains, but am not chasing many due to the hassle surrounding GoDaddy auctions. It is likely many of these are going to be renewed or transferred.

Brad

•••
examples of some we missed?

•••
I didn't check ebay, but did check the Godaddy expiring auctions today. Lots of .biz; quite a few American State names in .biz (like Iowa.biz, Mississippi.biz), along with a few short keywords. Best was probably Milk.biz. Also Rock.biz, espresso.biz and a few others I don't remember now. Don't know what $ they ended up selling for. I didn't bid on any, though I was slightly tempted to go for Milk...

Wouldn't be surprised if a lot of them get renewed just in time and don't make it to the auction winners' hands :)

•••
i remember seeing healthinsurance.biz and cellphones.biz
and these are only a few of the 4 and 5 letter dot biz
I was hoping someone had info about the longer ones.
afro.biz
alan.biz
amour.biz
belt.biz
birth.biz
bonds.biz
bowl.biz
check.biz
coats.biz
cold.biz
curry.biz
cycle.biz
darts.biz
diary.biz
doit.biz
ehome.biz
expo.biz
films.biz
font.biz
futon.biz
grace.biz
hits.biz
hobby.biz
howto.biz
indy.biz
iowa.biz
iraq.biz
joint.biz
lake.biz
last.biz
lead.biz
luck.biz
marry.biz
mate.biz
memo.biz
menu.biz
menus.biz
milk.biz
mine.biz
moon.biz
niche.biz
night.biz
phone.biz
pipe.biz
quran.biz
rice.biz
rock.biz
salon.biz
sense.biz
staff.biz
sushi.biz
tents.biz
that.biz

•••
I actually grabbed a few:

Arthritis
Carbon
Clone
Groceries
Staff

I'm pretty happy with them .. wasn't sure about Arthritis .. but the keyword has 300k monthly searches with a $4.75 cpc.

A few of them went into the mid $xxx at GoDaddy auctions .. I was really surprised I was able to grab Staff .. great name for a job agency! :)

•••
•••
thanks for the info.

I wonder if all the newGtld's have undermined the market for .BIZ

a few months ago I made a $100 offer on a three-letter dictionary .BIZ on godaddy. seller sent it to auction, and it sold for $105.

I was distracted and forgot to bid more. :(

•••
thanks for the info.

I wonder if all the newGtld's have undermined the market for .BIZ

a few months ago I made a $100 offer on a three-letter dictionary .BIZ on godaddy. seller sent it to auction, and it sold for $105.

I was distracted and forgot to bid more. :(

I sell .BIZ here and there to end users, but there really has not been a reseller market for .BIZ in years.

Brad

•••
I see a lot of available keywords in .BIZ daily...

•••
I only own one .Biz, and had an $450 offer on it last week. I think I might have talked him up to $1500. Waiting to confirm but he seems willing.

•••
but there really has not been a reseller market for .BIZ in years.
Because you can reg them 24x7x365... so many available and dropped every day...
Only LLL/NNN are taken and that's why some reseller market exists here.

Last edited:
•••
+ most enduser sales are in 3-figure range and usually under $500...
This is another factor why reseller market is minimal.

Last edited:
•••
I like the ONE "Phone.BIZ", So cool NAME!
I'm confusing right now about ONE THING, Which TLD you think is BETTER?
.INFO or .BIZ??

•••
.info definitely, enduser demand is higher there significantly.

•••
Which TLD you think is BETTER?
.INFO or .BIZ??

People really need to stop comparing just the TLD's .. both have their purposes and you can only evaluate a domain in it's complete form which includes BOTH sides of the dot.

I own have diet.info and staff.biz .. each I think is better with the tld in question. (Although in this case either would still be good in the other .. lol)

•••
We can compare in average (overall) in terms of ROI and demand...

And yes, many terms are not matching with .biz at all.
.info is universal.

•••
We can compare in average (overall) in terms of ROI and demand...

And yes, many terms are not matching with .biz at all.
.info is universal.
Reason Behind sales , Biz stand for Business . IMO

•••
Yes, it stands...
But often even some individuals are paying higher for .info than most companies for .biz

Last edited:
•••
Because these small businesses don't consider .BIZ as primary target... just option among many others...
That's why they are ready to buy it only if cheap or even for regfee... in most cases.

•••
its pigeon ***** extension anway save your $$$4

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back