Dynadot

.com A tale of 2 sales (my first two ever!)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NickB

it's a mysteryTop Member
Impact
Hello all,

I have been fortunate enough to complete my first two sales very recently. The process from beginning to end for both has been very different and I wanted to share my experience with everyone, hopefully it helps newbies like myself - sorry it is a rather long post!

I believe in being open and honest in business - so have listed all purchase, sales price, dates bought, reg etc (if some of the dates are slightly off my mistake - also prices might have changed slightly due to currency fluctuations)

SALE 1:

Domain Name: aq0.com
Purchase Date: 24/02/2018
Purchase Price: 310 Euro's (£271.00)
Sales Price: £353.00 after commission & tax

I won the above domain at Sedo Auctions, this being my first auction win with themselves I was unsure on the process, plus was travelling at the time so it took a while! Not their fault, the service they provided, was in my opinion very good.

The name was transferred to my godaddy account on the 16/03/2018

On the 22/03/2018 I set up a free auction on godaddy's site.....On the 05/04/2018 I got an email stating my listing had been sold! Great news, quick turnaround - I was looking for a month or less + roughly a £100 - was slightly short on the price, but profit is profit at the end of the day.

Instructions came through to email buyer for relevant info - no response from them, tried again - no response again, I contacted godaddy on the phone quite a few times and explained the situation - no help as they have to speak to the auctions team who would NOT accept a transferred call - very frustrating, so all information was second hand. I finally emailed godaddy on 15/04/2018 - they email back the next day with instructions to move to their own account...duly done by me on the same day.

was told the funds would be in my account on the 17/04/2018 both verbally and via email...along came the 25th and no funds in my paypal account

It turned out I did not do 2 things - turn the auto lock off and confirm payment type - so it got delayed through my own ineptitude/lack of experience.

Money finally landed in my account on 02/05/2018 - phew! Lot's of lesson's learned!

SALE 2:

Domain Name: hostcurrency.com
Purchase Date: 17/04/2018
Purchase Price: £9.20 (hand reg)
Sales Price: £286.00 after commission & tax

Much smoother (and quicker!) - hand reg on the 17th April, listed on Sedo for £1,500 BIN on the same day - an offer came in on the 23/0418 for £350. I thought about it for a day, got some advice from another Namepros member and excepted the offer on the 25/04/2018.

No point being greedy, I mean a week from hand reg to sale in my mind is pretty good and the buyer got a good deal as well!

It then took until the 05/08/2018 for the buyer to pay (turns out they buy in bulk and Sedo said it takes them time to make payment - fair enough)

I then created a post asking for advice, as I had only hand reg the name recently (less than 60 days) it turned out I could not transfer domain.

The advice I got from the members on here (thanks again!) was very helpful and it turned out all I had to do was request Sedo to do a push to their own godaddy account, this was done on the 08/05/2018 (to be fair sedo also said this had to be done).

All the bits and bobs where dealt with the next day and Sedo sent me an email saying funds had been released! Due today or tomorrow. Again lesson's learned!

Thanks for reading - any comments, advice, constructive criticism, feedback etc etc would be appreciated!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
Very nice read! Congrats and thanks for sharing!(y)

•••
Thanks for the real life account of your sales experiences @MrAcidic and congrats on the sales themselves.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Really enjoyed your step by step explanation of your sales @MrAcidic[/USER]
Congrats!

•••
Nice Job, thanks for sharing!

•••
•••
Congrats on your first 2 sales. We always learn something along the way. Experience is the best teacher. Somehow, that act of asking help from fellow Namepros was a great positive action on your side. So whenever you're in a quandary for any domaining problem do share it here on the forum and you would certainly hear lots of advices/ideas from nice people around. Wish you more success as you tread on..

•••
Very nice read! Congrats and thanks for sharing!(y)
Congrats on your first 2 sales. We always learn something along the way. Experience is the best teacher. Somehow, that act of asking help from fellow Namepros was a great positive action on your side. So whenever you're in a quandary for any domaining problem do share it here on the forum and you would certainly hear lots of advices/ideas from nice people around. Wish you more success as you tread on..
Your right - always learning and enjoying the process is really important for me personally.
I have reached out a few times for some advice or posted a question and every time I have had people respond, it's a great site with loads of good people on here willing to help and give some of their time and experience which is invaluable and highly appreciated!

Last edited:
•••
Congrats on those sales! and thanks @MrAcidic for sharing your sales in detail.
IMO, had you hold the aq0.com domain, you could've fetched in 4 figures.

Best wishes!

•••
•••
•••
Good story and congratulations!

•••
Congratulations
It's worth learning for us.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back