IT.COM

advice A solution to the TXT verification heII

NameSilo
Watch
ecommerce platforms via stripe or direct are using great tech to let people pay via check. One of the biggest issues with e-checks was that anyone can enter anyone else's check info. Everyone that you ever gave a check too has all the info needed. Plus, ecommerce sites didn't know at the time of the purchase if you have money or not in the account.

So what does the tech world do, the tech world minus the domaining world? They innovate a solution that solves the above problem.

There is a service called Plaid. When you select to pay by check you must login to your bank account and within seconds the website knows if in fact the data you entered is your and if the amount is at least currently in the account.

Obviously for the paranoid people here this is not a solution, however, billions of dollars in checks without hassles are now being processed thanks to this solution.

Currently there are a few problems domainers and platforms deal with that can be easily solved using a similar technique.

When you list your names, the platform (Dan, Afternic, NameJet, Sedo) has you login (they cannot see login info relax) within seconds they know if the names are yours AND at the same time you can opt to their MLS / Fast transfer etc.

If you list 1000 names, the platform might have you login to 4 registrars etc. to get it verified, however, in a few minutes they can do what now is a big headache even for seasoned domainers. It is a headache for them too.

Updating TXT records for hundreds of domains that are at different registrars that have their nameservers pointing to different parking companies or hosts is time consuming.

I am posting the idea now so hopefully by 2040 it will be developed. I feel like many companies in this industry have a hard time finding competent developers and that's why everything takes forever and is always breaking.

It is all secure, if it's good enough for banking its good enough for domaining.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
ecommerce platforms via stripe or direct are using great tech to let people pay via check. One of the biggest issues with e-checks was that anyone can enter anyone else's check info. Everyone that you ever gave a check too has all the info needed. Plus, ecommerce sites didn't know at the time of the purchase if you have money or not in the account.

So what does the tech world do, the tech world minus the domaining world? They innovate a solution that solves the above problem.

There is a service called Plaid. When you select to pay by check you must login to your bank account and within seconds the website knows if in fact the data you entered is your and if the amount is at least currently in the account.

Obviously for the paranoid people here this is not a solution, however, billions of dollars in checks without hassles are now being processed thanks to this solution.

Currently there are a few problems domainers and platforms deal with that can be easily solved using a similar technique.

When you list your names, the platform (Dan, Afternic, NameJet, Sedo) has you login (they cannot see login info relax) within seconds they know if the names are yours AND at the same time you can opt to their MLS / Fast transfer etc.

If you list 1000 names, the platform might have you login to 4 registrars etc. to get it verified, however, in a few minutes they can do what now is a big headache even for seasoned domainers. It is a headache for them too.

Updating TXT records for hundreds of domains that are at different registrars that have their nameservers pointing to different parking companies or hosts is time consuming.

I am posting the idea now so hopefully by 2040 it will be developed. I feel like many companies in this industry have a hard time finding competent developers and that's why everything takes forever and is always breaking.

It is all secure, if it's good enough for banking its good enough for domaining.
that would be a HUGE relief.

it's like afternic fast transfer:
once I add some of my domains and price them,
I can login into my dynadot account, and simply verify fast transfer.

That simple it should be with domain verification in general.

•••

It's all about the money. There are options... TxT verification is quite secure and can easily be done in bulk. If you're willing to spend some time/maybe money.

The domaining world is not solely to blame. Domainers in general are quite the opposite of innovative... and picky.

•••
I use Cloudflare for this purpose because I can bulk edit the TXT records with their API.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back