IT.COM

tips A learning lesson for newbies..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Domainzy

RetiredTop Member
Impact
Sigh...

Almost daily people are making the same old mistakes. Im not sure the word to use.. annoying, frustration, silly, novice, etc. When a domain sells or has lots of bids.. people throw away common sense AND creativity.... they go register a similar name and try and sell it. Where is the creativity in that?? And did you really think domaining is that easy??

Want an example?....

BitcoinExchange/info (current bid $888)

then comes all the copy-cats:

BitcoinerExchange/com ($0- No bids)
Bitcoin-Exchange/info ($0- no bids even for $10)
BitcoinExchanging & BitcoinExchanged/info (Current bids- $1 & $1)
BitcoinExchanger/co ($0- No Bids even for $10)
BitcoinNews/info (Current Bid $1)

Learn from other people experiences... this 'scheme' doesn't work! I can't even imagine how many 'glitter' names were registered because of the 'ShipYourEnemiesGlitter' listing on flippa. If you think being a copy-cat is the road to success... just look at the facts^. These 6 attempts have brought in $3 total!

*This post was intended to educate and advise new domainers. So they don't waste their money on foolish schemes that never work.

Cheers!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
it's the "lemming" effect

once one of them runs and jumps off the cliff, they all start running

:)

•••
Wow... believe it or no.....more listings!
BitcoinExchanger/info (no bids)
BitcoinExchange/so (no bids)

Who is next to jump on the learning lesson band wagon? (or jump off the cliff)

•••
Seen it a dozen times before myself, and there were indeed a bunch of names registered after ShipYourEnemesGlitter. Most that I saw on Flippa ended just like the ones you listed above.

The "glitter" names are probably the worst - best example of riding the coattails of a sale. Especially when referring to the sale of a developed site, and not just a shit domain lol.

•••
If they want to waste their money, let them. They'll soon learn once they waste money on flippa listings for their names lol.

•••
Seen it a dozen times before myself, and there were indeed a bunch of names registered after ShipYourEnemesGlitter. Most that I saw on Flippa ended just like the ones you listed above.

I've even had names that were extremely low in bids (below $500) and saw people registering a listing similar domains, with pretty much the same outcome you listed above.

Gives me a good chuckle, but I say just let them waste the money.. Some people need to learn the hard way.

•••
As someone participating in that original auction, my PM box has filled up with terrible newly handreg'ed versions.

I think those "showcase your ______ domains" threads are building bad habits.

•••
Maybe someone should start a website for selling copycat domains. A copycat brandable names website. The 2 domains below are available. Might even find a good market for them selling to the unknowing.

copycatdomains.com

copycatbrandables.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back