IT.COM

discuss A key word fixation

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I rarely start a thread, but a members recent thread about 'undiscovered gems' has made me wonder how many of us have had a keyword fixation that has turned out to be a nice little earner over the years. I don't mean bitcoin or blockchain stuff, but a straight forward dictionary word, probably based on a personal interest that has taken care of earnings over the years. It may be just for example online bedding sales etc

Mine was always the word 'Touch' I started nearly 20 years ago with the belief that touchscreen technology was going to be a wide market and indeed brandable with many a second word option there to be registered. yep you name it
home
space
shop
life
bet
I can go on and on. but every one of them sold at a good and fair price, Still held on to about 20 domains. I know nobody wants to give away any future technology investment names but I just wondered if a straight forward, simple dictionary word has played a major part in anyones past domain history that they are happy to share.

Yep I know about 'Sex' being a dictionary word, but I'd be more interested in the mundane words that came into the mainstream where you were ahead of the game.

ps, I also learnt how easy it was for somebody else to trademark the term/s and leave you holding one potential sale/buyer, if your not careful.

feel free just to comment on the strategy

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back