discuss A key word fixation

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

BaileyUK

Top Member
Impact
5,192
I rarely start a thread, but a members recent thread about 'undiscovered gems' has made me wonder how many of us have had a keyword fixation that has turned out to be a nice little earner over the years. I don't mean bitcoin or blockchain stuff, but a straight forward dictionary word, probably based on a personal interest that has taken care of earnings over the years. It may be just for example online bedding sales etc

Mine was always the word 'Touch' I started nearly 20 years ago with the belief that touchscreen technology was going to be a wide market and indeed brandable with many a second word option there to be registered. yep you name it
home
space
shop
life
bet
I can go on and on. but every one of them sold at a good and fair price, Still held on to about 20 domains. I know nobody wants to give away any future technology investment names but I just wondered if a straight forward, simple dictionary word has played a major part in anyones past domain history that they are happy to share.

Yep I know about 'Sex' being a dictionary word, but I'd be more interested in the mundane words that came into the mainstream where you were ahead of the game.

ps, I also learnt how easy it was for somebody else to trademark the term/s and leave you holding one potential sale/buyer, if your not careful.

feel free just to comment on the strategy
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back