Dynadot

domains A handful of .io names on Tuesday traded for the 2nd,3rd and 4th time

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Busy day for .io with some .io domains trading for the third or fourth time. Lawyer.io closed at Flippa for $3,500. This was the third time it traded publicly. It sold for $3,200 in 2017 at Flippa and $1,500 in 2016 at Flippa. Moving.io had it’s fourth recorded transaction. It closed at $2,000 at Flippa. […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I had noticed there were numerous .io sales, but until your post had not realized that in most cases they had traded multiple times before.

As you note, at least some of these seem related to nonpaying auctions. I guess the others one can see various messages, in certain cases up, others down, and a few not much change in price.

There is no doubt that desirable single-word .io are liquid assets. I am less clear if the market is nearing a levelling off in price or still going up.

Thanks for keeping on top of so many things in the world of domains @equity78 and sharing the news with us!

Bob

•••
Hi,

I was in the bidding on the first auction of Korea.io and did get to over $2k and stopped as the price was getting too high for me and i wasn't sure if some random was just pushing up the price but that was a gut feeling. Anyway Dynadot got in contact with me about 4 days later saying the winning bidder had not paid and asked if i wanted the name but by this time i had bought other names (Seoul.io, etc) since i didn't win, so was out of funds until replenished.

I did have a momentary thought regarding Korea.io and realized that SouthKorea.io was probably a better option.

•••
"Korea.io closed at $2,363 on 8/14 at Dynadot. It looks like a no pay and a reauction, it closed at 1/10 of the first auction price at $213."

well that's not accurate, yesterday's auction closed at $800+, I don't remember the exact price and I've already closed the tab, but one of the bidders had a proxy bid of $777 which was beaten on the last day, and then there were 3 or 4 more bids, pushing the price above $800.

•••
IO domain name renewal fee is too high

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back