Domain Empire

A good web desginer

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
In your opinion, what determines a good web designer ?

For me it will be hardworking

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
delivers what buyer paid for and on time.

•••
weblord said:
delivers what buyer paid for and on time.

yeah that right haha

•••
of course he/she needs to design good and beautiful

•••
Yup that is the most important criteria

•••
w/ a good portfolio first and foremost and good positive feedbacks.

•••
weblord said:
w/ a good portfolio first and foremost and good positive feedbacks.

i think confidence is also very important for a designer

•••
Someone who is actually passionate about what they are doing. In other words, not in it just for the money.

•••
If your profit drived theres nothign wrong with that.. You can make just as good as quality. Want more money, then you need more customers. Customers are going to need to be satisfied with your work, thus making you work harder (for profit).

•••
some people just love their work and they will impress their customer because they will put in their passion into what they are doing.

•••
That's how I feel when i do design. I absolutely love doing design so I always put my best effort into my every design thus my customers are happier. I think you MUST be driven to be successful at web design.

•••
sun and kisses said:
In your opinion, what determines a good web designer ?

For me it will be hardworking

The most hardworking person in the world could easily be a crappy web designer. It takes talent, skill, knowledge and experience. Hardworking ie work ethic really doesn't factor into "good", unless you're looking for good as in dependable rather than good as in talented.

•••
Good designer first of all should have thought creativity and skills to realize his / her creative ideas

•••
There are alot more attributes for a good designer to posses instead of just hardworking

•••
Good understanding and punctuality as well as quality :)

•••
Creativity, punctuality and the ability to underpromise and overdeliver.

•••
Basement said:
Creativity, punctuality and the ability to underpromise and overdeliver.
hmm what does your overdeliver means over here ?

•••
I personally think He/She should be creative, and should be able to envision things from other's point of view. Obviously if would like to earn something, he will be punctual.

•••
Basically, overdeliver means producing a design that absolutely stuns the client.

•••
I agree with Basement's Ideas on 'OverDeliver' , he/she would be a real great designer than.

•••
Yeah, unfortunately all I can do is fantasize as I can't even design half decent stuff. All I can do perhaps is design a half decent logo which looks a lot like it was drawn by a 5 year old kid.

Seriously, though action scripts fulfill my need. I just load up an action script and BOOM! eCover/logo made.

•••
So you like good in flash?

•••
A good web designer should possess a lot of what has already been said here so far. I design sites myself, but only for select clients (ie. those with projects worthwhile taking on... oh and also those with deep pockets lol ). Seriously though, yes, I am profit driven when it comes down to it. I am very passionate about design in general but unfortunately passion doesn't pay the bills.

Anyway here are a few things that I think makes a good designer and what I believe my clients look for (in no particular order)...

Talented / Artistic / Creative
Experienced in Design
Knowledge of Web Technology
Punctual
Flexible / Ability to compromise
Vision and Understand the clients needs

...and theres probably loads more I've missed out but it also helps to have good communication skills. Customer service and some sales skill also plays a big part when your clients are reputable and have money to be able to go to anyone else...

Not all of it makes a good "web designer" but it certainly helps if this happens to be the designers way of earning a living.

•••
must be creative and corporate design..:D

•••
A good designer is someone who knows what the design is all about. He should be passionate towards his works.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back