IT.COM

A domain just registered Five days ago could be traded at a High Five-Figure fee?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DN.com

VIP Member
DN.com Staff
Impact
Reports from overseas say the domain Euphoric.com is traded at a price of $12,500. Euphoric.com was registered on Apr 15th, 2016. A domain just registered a few days ago could be traded at a high five-figure fee? Could you tell me how to get on the gravy train!

Seen from the domain whois history, Euphoric.com’s first registration time is in 1996, and it was deleted for non-renewal in Feb, 2016.

The new owner just holds Euphoric.com for 5 days and changes hands at a high five-figure fee, which shows its popularity! And the original holder is too late to regret.

There are many Euphoric.com’s corresponding end-users. Among these, a British skin care brand, found in 2003, its official website is euphoric-beauty.com and the public speculates that it is possible for euphoric-beauty.com to purchase the domain for brand development.

Currently Euphoric.com’s whois is under privacy protection and details of the buyer are still unknown. Euphoric.cn/.net/.cc all have been registered and all are under privacy protection.

http://www.22.cn/news/2016/0420/6045.html

Declaration: this is an informative article that do not represent official investing advice, with no intend in misleading readers.Please be open-minded and objective. Welcome varied discussion below.Thanks!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Euphoric was not hand registered rather it went through a drop service. From memory likely drop.com or name jet.
I had it as a fantasy desktop catcher catch!

•••
It was sold for 12,500 USD but how much did the seller pay to acquire it? I assume way more than reg fee (probably a 4-figure sum) and probably acquired through a dropcatcher.

EDIT: found out the dropcatcher was namejet thx to @Beezy

Last edited:
•••
It was expired in feb. went through the whole post-expiration process. was caught by namejet and was auctioned to the highest bidder.

•••
It was expired in feb. went through the whole post-expiration process. was caught by namejet and was auctioned to the highest bidder.
Do you know how much it sold for on Namejet?

•••
•••
Yeah read the thread - $12,500.
Thanks. After reading the title and first post of the thread for some reason I thought that namejet caught it on the drop and 5 days later the winning bidder from Namejet sold it elsewhere for 12.5K.

Based on this quote from the initial post:

The new owner just holds Euphoric.com for 5 days and changes hands at a high five-figure fee, which shows its popularity! And the original holder is too late to regret.

Last edited:
•••
High five figures? Am I wrong to think it means 50 k plus. I personally think the buyer got a great deal and will probably flip it himself for more.

•••
Thanks. After reading the title and first post of the thread for some reason I thought that namejet caught it on the drop and 5 days later the winning bidder from Namejet sold it elsewhere for 12.5K.

Based on this quote from the initial post:

"Could you tell me how to get on the gravy train!"

•••
I think the interpretation issues come from a badly worded op, poster probably reporting second or third hand info.

•••
One of the times you can hand reg (and not part of any drop) if a new term is coined or something happens like a phrase and it takes off. Sometimes depending on your influence you could buy a made up word and hype the hell out of it and watch it go viral and then others may want to capitalize on it and you already own the domain.

•••
•••
Be interesting to see what they use the domain for...

I want Bots to get super HOT...
so I can do something fun on Bottys.com LOL
~Patricia K. Ohio USA

•••
Thanks for the interesting information.News like these makes domaining fun.

•••
I've registered a domain 4 days ago and I just got an inquiry. I will let you know if it's possible.

•••
I've registered a domain 4 days ago and I just got an inquiry. I will let you know if it's possible.

Did you register it with enom and then get it approved on namejet, have it go through the prebid process, then the actual auction, and then close the auction etc in just 5 days.

Damn you should write that up for a chinese domain blog.

•••

well.. winning lottery is also possible

•••
Did you register it with enom and then get it approved on namejet, have it go through the prebid process, then the actual auction, and then close the auction etc in just 5 days.

Damn you should write that up for a chinese domain blog.
That would be a crazy story!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back