IT.COM

discuss 5L sale, where?

NameSilo
Watch

Griux

Established Member
Impact
Hi Guys!
I'm new at the 5L buisness. At the internet the word 'rekt' and 'get rekt' became really popular. The word buzzing now, you can see that on google trends also. My domain is rekts.com. 5letter, easy to spell, brandable, catchy imo. Where I should push it to an auction? Namejet,godaddy...ect?
Any experience,opinion, idea would be very helpful! Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Thanks! Any other idea? I would like to aviod NP.

•••
•••
First question to ask is what would be the value of rekts, since you are not specifically looking for venue for sales of random 5L.com names.

Google says "rekt" is a gaming slang for wrecked. Accordingly, rekts would be slang for wreckeds and wreckeds.com would have a value close to zero. Slang of a word with zero value has also zero value.

So, rekts.com would not sell anywhere, including NP, NJ, GD etc.

•••
The domain is a semi-random 5L name. If I wanted to sell it, I would list it in all possible venues testing the waters in Flippa or GD first. (If nP is out of the question.)

•••
I found video names like "best rekts all the time" "kid rekts glass". #rekts on instagram, vine and some social site. I spent 1.44$ for this domain which is close to zero. Today ssttt.com disce.com yunex.com sold for almost 200$. If I get more than 1.44$ thats okay.
Really thank you Guys for the answer, appreciate it :)

•••
The domain is a semi-random 5L name. If I wanted to sell it, I would list it in all possible venues testing the waters in Flippa or GD first. (If nP is out of the question.)
Flippa charges $10 auction fee and godaddy is looking for a $20 minimum starting bid.

I would use bodis with a make offer landing page and wait. I'd take the first offer.
I wouldn't renew the domain.

•••
Thanks Dotbay! I haven't got experience with 5L. If 1.44$ dollar went to the trash I'm not going to kill myself. I just became excited when I found it available. I will use flippa imo, give it a try.

•••
Tested the waters, available on flippa auction, after few days it already have 4 bidders. 16$ now, there are 7 more days. It seems, I'm not going to lose money on this domain.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back