Domain Empire

opinion 5L.com are heating up

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick

Top Member
Impact
Today I had over 100 5-shengmu .COMs (5L with no consonants or v) on my dropcatch list. I was only able to catch 12. I noticed dropcatch.com was among the ones getting those I missed. I didn't have just any random string, though. I had ones that contained "cn", "hk", "sh", "cc" or ending in "c".

Being that there are 3.2 million combinations of 5 shengmu .COMs - what do you think?

I just asked a friend the same question. His 1-word response was perfect: DEMAND.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@DomainVP I think I wasn't so clear, but my point was people are paying dropcatchers to catch Chinese 5L.com!!?? I just hadn't noticed it until browsing Pheenix's public auctions, seeing things like XSXQS.com and the like which I would've thought were worth nothing until I saw that.

On your point, I have been very surprised at the quality of names Pheenix has been catching very recently: Databased.com and BlueOrbit.com come to mind -- two which I'm sure were ordered at all big dropcatchers, but were beat by Pheenix.

Agreed -- I was really surprised also. I was hoping there would be less competition (who would guess Pheenix could catch a good domain?) but both those auctions were very busy. Enjoyed the auctions though, and may have picked up a nice name or two. ;)

•••
•••
I checked all HKxxx.com combinations, where x = any consonant without V.

And these 4 are literally the last remaining ones!

HKFBC.com
HKJHZ.com
HKLXJ.com
HKZJC.com

Last edited:
•••
bjzxj.com closed at $82 on pheenix.

•••
bjzxj.com closed at $82 on pheenix.

In their expiring auctions, however, there were a dozen or so that got zero bids and will drop. (min. bid is $29. a few of them were patters like AABBC.com)

I don't know if this means you should look out for BJ or JS etc. prefixes only or if patterns will be good. Just providing a data point that might be helpful.

•••
Be aware - the "60,000 left" is a bunch of hoax created by someone.

There are about 189,000 left yet to register and possibly more right now.

•••
All 5 premium letters chinese .coms which begins with CN/SH/BJ/GZ are registered few days ago. About 20k registrations in 30 seconds. All gone. Chinese are buying 5L .coms already since 2 weeks ago.
2015-08-24--19-30-24.gif

I dont have that much money...

•••
You must be crazy to use 5L.com domain in your company name, even if you are Chinese, as for anyone it will be unreal to remember 5L.com acronym, no matter which letters.

•••
There are no Chips in LLLCN.COM format left to register from 8,000 possible combos.

•••
5l.com is hitting up no matter what people says about it. just wait for a few months and if 4l.com crazyness keeps up after then i will invest all my money for liquid domains into that market. But there is a if until then i am waiting.

Just wait a few more months and it will grow.

•••
All good Chinese premium repeating patterns have been taken and are already selling like hot cakes. Some recent sales:

Tndtp.com - $271
Lllzz.com - $606
Rrrrl.com - $660
Tttts.com - $658
Jjrrr.com - $290
Ykkkk.com - $430
Mymdl.com - $194
Lcwww.com - $645
Sssts.com - $686
Pppdt.com - $530
Jjjtc.com - $214
Ssmss.com - $244

•••
All good Chinese premium repeating patterns have been taken and are already selling like hot cakes. Some recent sales:

Tndtp.com - $271
Lllzz.com - $606
Rrrrl.com - $660
Tttts.com - $658
Jjrrr.com - $290
Ykkkk.com - $430
Mymdl.com - $194
Lcwww.com - $645
Sssts.com - $686
Pppdt.com - $530
Jjjtc.com - $214
Ssmss.com - $244

Wish there was a site like LLLLSales.com for 5L's !

•••
•••
•••
You must be crazy to use 5L.com domain in your company name, even if you are Chinese, as for anyone it will be unreal to remember 5L.com acronym, no matter which letters.

What makes you think they plan to use these names? I think just another investment avenue

•••
If you want to look at the core nature of what you are saying, even our mothers have asked us THE question; "If everyone else was jumping off the bridge, would you do it too?"
I probably would.

•••
Into a sea of cash ...... well ok then

•••
I got ZZTTT .com few weeks ago and since then, I've noticed 57 visits and 3 offer views on sedo.

•••
I got ZZTTT .com few weeks ago and since then, I've noticed 57 visits and 3 offer views on sedo.

Nice pick. The sequence is really good.

•••
•••
•••
This category is blowing my mind -- I don't think I'm alone.

Domain Shane recommended one of these names that was expiring yesterday, but it had no pattern or specialness that I could see. It was just 5 different consonants in .com: RPSGB.com. And it got at least a few bids. I believe it was up to $22 when I checked.

But I am thinking: there are 3.2 million possible combinations. These can't all be registered, can they? And even if they are, are they worth $30 apiece??

•••
This category is blowing my mind -- I don't think I'm alone.

Domain Shane recommended one of these names that was expiring yesterday, but it had no pattern or specialness that I could see. It was just 5 different consonants in .com: RPSGB.com. And it got at least a few bids. I believe it was up to $22 when I checked.

But I am thinking: there are 3.2 million possible combinations. These can't all be registered, can they? And even if they are, are they worth $30 apiece??

If so, I don't understand what is going on.

•••
Would 5L have chance to sell with 1 or 2 vowels in the Chinese market?

O_o

•••
Would 5L have chance to sell with 1 or 2 vowels in the Chinese market?

O_o

It could however not much unless they are complete pinyin word. Words don't start with vowel so you can't use 5L as acronym. Full pinyin word have vowels so if your vowels are inside that word it is ok

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back