NameSilo

opinion 5L.com are heating up

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Nick

Top Member
Impact
Today I had over 100 5-shengmu .COMs (5L with no consonants or v) on my dropcatch list. I was only able to catch 12. I noticed dropcatch.com was among the ones getting those I missed. I didn't have just any random string, though. I had ones that contained "cn", "hk", "sh", "cc" or ending in "c".

Being that there are 3.2 million combinations of 5 shengmu .COMs - what do you think?

I just asked a friend the same question. His 1-word response was perfect: DEMAND.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The same with the 4L.nets... unless an end user owns the .COM and wants to secure the namespace, they are all domainer driven junk.
Excuse me, but even "domainer driven junk" can make you money, sometimes big. I started registering random Chinese junk LLLL.nets in August for 6-9$ and now they retail for $40 each.
Thats few K unrealised profit growing on hands.

Now English premium LLLL.net, number of free today 30% lower than month ago. Is it new junk? Who knows, but never hurts to register some and find out in few months. Just go with the market flow and you'll be rewarded.

•••
Just go with the market flow and you'll be rewarded.

If you want to look at the core nature of what you are saying, even our mothers have asked us THE question; "If everyone else was jumping off the bridge, would you do it too?"

•••
Comparing making money on the hot market and jumping of the bridge is not perfect.

You really have 3 options:

1. Go with the majority and make money now.
2. Go against the majority and lose money now, but score big if you right and they are wrong (need to have iron balls first)
3. Do nothing, watch, enjoy, make no money, loose no money.

Everyone can choose for themselves.

•••
You're not the only one with this idea, seems there is a run on 'chinese premium' 5L,coms, I ran a scan last monday, domains I identified were gone by saturday.

I've been exchanging pms with a few people and it seems that it's usually those looking for low hanging fruit that are going for these domains, there doesn't seem to be actual end user demand, for now.

Though there are too many of these to actually be worth anything without additional meaning as @DomainVP said before in this thread.

•••
Today I had over 100 5-shengmu .COMs (5L with no consonants or v) on my dropcatch list. I was only able to catch 12. I noticed dropcatch.com was among the ones getting those I missed. I didn't have just any random string, though. I had ones that contained "cn", "hk", "sh", "cc" or ending in "c".

Being that there are 3.2 million combinations of 5 shengmu .COMs - what do you think?

I just asked a friend the same question. His 1-word response was perfect: DEMAND.

Demand is good. :)

•••
Could someone provide any company which using 4L acronyn in their names?

Erm, yep....

ASOS.com (As seen on screen)
FUBU.com (For us, by us)
USPS.com (United states postal service)

But why does it have to be an acronym? Brandables....

ETSY.com
EBAY.com
BING.com
CNET.com
IKEA.com
DELL.com
HULU.com
CITI.com

•••
How about if Alien would finally arrive on earth,
would they want .com or new tld???

•••
All 5 premium letters chinese .coms which begins with CN/SH/BJ/GZ are registered few days ago. About 20k registrations in 30 seconds. All gone. Chinese are buying 5L .coms already since 2 weeks ago.

•••
Could someone provide any company which using 4L acronyn in their names? I'm talking about largest 1000 companies in the world. 5L acronym is out of my mind, same with 4L domains. Demand created by noob Chinese domainers followed by others.

More than half of LLL.com domains is still undeveloped and owned by domain resellers, why? Because of low demand by end users, not because of their high price, as any middle level company can afford $20k domain name (Minimum wholesale price for LLL.com)
I work for DFDS.com. Danish shipping comapny, massive in Europe

•••
It's all good. I was insulted only until I saw it was coming from someone who registered "VR777/777VR". :rolleyes: (So, NNNLL is ok but not LLLLL- right.)

Hey Nick. I'm man enough to say you have my apology. I spoke before I crunched the numbers and the Chinese are spending. I put my software to work and you are not wrong. The 5L Chinese domains are more then heating up.So thanks for your post as I am now entertaining this arena. Again, apologies good sir.

•••
Hey Nick. I'm man enough to say you have my apology. I spoke before I crunched the numbers and the Chinese are spending. I put my software to work and you are not wrong. The 5L Chinese domains are more then heating up.So thanks for your post as I am now entertaining this arena. Again, apologies good sir.
No worries, bud. Hope you can make some good money.

•••
Hard to find repeating patterns in these ones

•••

What are the trends? Whats selling? Any patterns, good letters/bad letters?

•••
LLLCN.com domains, where LLLs don't have vowels or v seem to be mostly gone now.

The ones I did register:
llpcn.com
llxcn.com
ppmcn.com
qqxcn.com
qqncn.com

The ones I wanted to register but were gone at checkout:
bbmcn.com
bbncn.com
bbzcn.com
mmncn.com
mmzcn.com
nnbcn.com
nnmcn.com
xxccn.com
zzmcn.com
zcccn.com
mnncn.com
xnncn.com
znncn.com
xmmcn.com
bxxcn.com
cxxcn.com
nxxcn.com
nzzcn.com
zcccn.com
ycccn.com

I have no idea whether any of them have any value whatsoever, but I was willing to risk a couple of hundred to find out.

Remains to be seen if it was a costly mistake or not.

•••
I had a couple picked to register and guess a Chinese fellow beat me to them, sends to be a trend?

•••
I had a couple picked to register and guess a Chinese fellow beat me to them, sends to be a trend?

Dreamers buying dreams on unsound ground.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/there-is-no-shortage-of-dreamers-in-this-industry.771280/

lastly, i am guilty of buying out L-L.mobi and N-N.mobi.. i figured if you cant beat em join em. people say "pump and dump" but at the time you didnt even need to pump anything up - you could blatantly admit its a stupid idea and it didnt matter. the frenzy was out of control but if the registrars were making money i wanted a piece too. few days after that ridiculous buyout the main newspaper here in san diego bought U-T dot mobi for 3k and the rest flipped to speculators.. most sit available for registration now.

Same script... different cast.

•••
•••
•••
•••
These days, my commentary is free, but advice and instruction isn't :xf.grin:.

If you look, you will find the answer... it's all here in the threads I promise you. The only thing new about this PinYin trend is the pricing, and it will continue - but it's going to fall hard, so I am completely out when it comes to acquiring "PinYin" 4L's at these prices. It literally makes no sense, for a litany of reasons.

I bought mine at $20-$40, sold em all for a median of $500 each and I am so very good by that.

Mostly because you can go buy a $100 worth of domains right now and flip it for a few thousand. Being in the PinYin 4L market at these prices just isn't attractive because each name takes up more resources than necessary, but 5L's aren't the answer either IMO.

I can say that I would take a good 6N with desirable combinations over a random 5L any day of the week, unless you are talking about a word or a short brandable.

But I'm also not in love with 6N's, some people are, and they may have the ones I am selling for the right price. I think soon the 6N price will show a nice return, and I think they are good investments, but I have a few names I would like to pickup and I will move my position with a few liquid names in trade for some other ones.

I didn't buy them at the current prices, and I'm not a forum flipper, so I don't need to mark them up like crazy for a profit.

•••
People are catching these at Pheenix, too, to my surprise.

•••
People are catching these at Pheenix, too, to my surprise.

Pheenix sent out a notice of an upgrade to their systems and open auction format not too long ago. Since the upgrade I have been having good success with them. To overlook them as a dropcatcher is to make a mistake, if you are placing an order elsewhere you should make sure you place it with Pheenix as well.

•••
@DomainVP I think I wasn't so clear, but my point was people are paying dropcatchers to catch Chinese 5L.com!!?? I just hadn't noticed it until browsing Pheenix's public auctions, seeing things like XSXQS.com and the like which I would've thought were worth nothing until I saw that.

On your point, I have been very surprised at the quality of names Pheenix has been catching very recently: Databased.com and BlueOrbit.com come to mind -- two which I'm sure were ordered at all big dropcatchers, but were beat by Pheenix.

•••
@Nat Hunt I agree with your point. I have also observed it but don't think that random LLLL.com will get heated up anytime soon.

•••

3.2 million is really a pretty small number, compared to the number of stars in the Milky Way Galaxy, or the number of cells in the human body.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back