NameSilo

opinion 5L.com are heating up

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

Nick

Top Member
Impact
969
Today I had over 100 5-shengmu .COMs (5L with no consonants or v) on my dropcatch list. I was only able to catch 12. I noticed dropcatch.com was among the ones getting those I missed. I didn't have just any random string, though. I had ones that contained "cn", "hk", "sh", "cc" or ending in "c".

Being that there are 3.2 million combinations of 5 shengmu .COMs - what do you think?

I just asked a friend the same question. His 1-word response was perfect: DEMAND.
 
2
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Bing, eBay, IMDB, ESPN, XNXX, Yelp, Etsy, Ikea, Vice, USPS...

Most of these are not really acronyms and those that are worked hard on their brands. As standalone names they wouldn't really have been worth much.
 
1
•••
As standalone names they wouldn't really have been worth much.

I mean the acronyms. Obviously bing, ebay, vice etc would still have gone for decent cash
 
0
•••
Stop being a follower and lead... there's only 64 million or so possible 'shamu' (it was shamu you said right) premiums.

If you're going to insult somebody, then why not take the time to scroll up and get the facts right? It's 'shengmu' not 'shamu' in case you have yet to scroll up. If this ignorance was an intentional attempt to ease the baby shaking post, then forgive me for not seeing your dry sense of humor.

Since I'm not seasoned in chinese domains, I found this post very insightful.
 
3
•••
If you're going to insult somebody, then why not take the time to scroll up and get the facts right? It's 'shengmu' not 'shamu' in case you have yet to scroll up. If this ignorance was an intentional attempt to ease the baby shaking post, then forgive me for not seeing your dry sense of humor.

Since I'm not seasoned in chinese domains, I found this post very insightful.
It's all good. I was insulted only until I saw it was coming from someone who registered "VR777/777VR". :rolleyes: (So, NNNLL is ok but not LLLLL- right.)
 
0
•••
I'm not into any 5L domains that are purely registered based on letter random combinations.

By the time a domain is up to 5 characters I would expect a domain to be extremely pronounceable, or match a Pinyin or English word. Pattern domaining into 5L is just so far into the future, due to the possible permutations that 5 characters can bring - and I'm talking your grandchildren kind of future.

4L's have been all registered for quite some time now... imagine how long it will take for a true 5L unavailabilty based on letter combinations.

I see a lot of new domainers that haven't done the research buying in the 5L namespace, which is what I think accounts for the domains disappearing and renewed interest. The same with the 4L.nets... unless an end user owns the .COM and wants to secure the namespace, they are all domainer driven junk.

It's lazy domaining based on a prayer, and at this point with domains you can't be lazy if you are just getting started. The good news is that anyone reading this right now in 9/28/2015, you will likely be ahead of all other domainers who start after that - so buy smarter than random 4L+ letter combinations.
 
4
•••
The same with the 4L.nets... unless an end user owns the .COM and wants to secure the namespace, they are all domainer driven junk.
Excuse me, but even "domainer driven junk" can make you money, sometimes big. I started registering random Chinese junk LLLL.nets in August for 6-9$ and now they retail for $40 each.
Thats few K unrealised profit growing on hands.

Now English premium LLLL.net, number of free today 30% lower than month ago. Is it new junk? Who knows, but never hurts to register some and find out in few months. Just go with the market flow and you'll be rewarded.
 
8
•••
Just go with the market flow and you'll be rewarded.

If you want to look at the core nature of what you are saying, even our mothers have asked us THE question; "If everyone else was jumping off the bridge, would you do it too?"
 
0
•••
Comparing making money on the hot market and jumping of the bridge is not perfect.

You really have 3 options:

1. Go with the majority and make money now.
2. Go against the majority and lose money now, but score big if you right and they are wrong (need to have iron balls first)
3. Do nothing, watch, enjoy, make no money, loose no money.

Everyone can choose for themselves.
 
8
•••
You're not the only one with this idea, seems there is a run on 'chinese premium' 5L,coms, I ran a scan last monday, domains I identified were gone by saturday.

I've been exchanging pms with a few people and it seems that it's usually those looking for low hanging fruit that are going for these domains, there doesn't seem to be actual end user demand, for now.

Though there are too many of these to actually be worth anything without additional meaning as @DomainVP said before in this thread.
 
1
•••
Today I had over 100 5-shengmu .COMs (5L with no consonants or v) on my dropcatch list. I was only able to catch 12. I noticed dropcatch.com was among the ones getting those I missed. I didn't have just any random string, though. I had ones that contained "cn", "hk", "sh", "cc" or ending in "c".

Being that there are 3.2 million combinations of 5 shengmu .COMs - what do you think?

I just asked a friend the same question. His 1-word response was perfect: DEMAND.

Demand is good. :)
 
1
•••
Could someone provide any company which using 4L acronyn in their names?

Erm, yep....

ASOS.com (As seen on screen)
FUBU.com (For us, by us)
USPS.com (United states postal service)

But why does it have to be an acronym? Brandables....

ETSY.com
EBAY.com
BING.com
CNET.com
IKEA.com
DELL.com
HULU.com
CITI.com
 
5
•••
How about if Alien would finally arrive on earth,
would they want .com or new tld???
 
0
•••
All 5 premium letters chinese .coms which begins with CN/SH/BJ/GZ are registered few days ago. About 20k registrations in 30 seconds. All gone. Chinese are buying 5L .coms already since 2 weeks ago.
 
7
•••
Could someone provide any company which using 4L acronyn in their names? I'm talking about largest 1000 companies in the world. 5L acronym is out of my mind, same with 4L domains. Demand created by noob Chinese domainers followed by others.

More than half of LLL.com domains is still undeveloped and owned by domain resellers, why? Because of low demand by end users, not because of their high price, as any middle level company can afford $20k domain name (Minimum wholesale price for LLL.com)
I work for DFDS.com. Danish shipping comapny, massive in Europe
 
1
•••
It's all good. I was insulted only until I saw it was coming from someone who registered "VR777/777VR". :rolleyes: (So, NNNLL is ok but not LLLLL- right.)

Hey Nick. I'm man enough to say you have my apology. I spoke before I crunched the numbers and the Chinese are spending. I put my software to work and you are not wrong. The 5L Chinese domains are more then heating up.So thanks for your post as I am now entertaining this arena. Again, apologies good sir.
 
3
•••
Hey Nick. I'm man enough to say you have my apology. I spoke before I crunched the numbers and the Chinese are spending. I put my software to work and you are not wrong. The 5L Chinese domains are more then heating up.So thanks for your post as I am now entertaining this arena. Again, apologies good sir.
No worries, bud. Hope you can make some good money.
 
2
•••
Hard to find repeating patterns in these ones
 
0
•••
Hey Nick. I'm man enough to say you have my apology. I spoke before I crunched the numbers and the Chinese are spending. I put my software to work and you are not wrong. The 5L Chinese domains are more then heating up.So thanks for your post as I am now entertaining this arena. Again, apologies good sir.

What are the trends? Whats selling? Any patterns, good letters/bad letters?
 
0
•••
LLLCN.com domains, where LLLs don't have vowels or v seem to be mostly gone now.

The ones I did register:
llpcn.com
llxcn.com
ppmcn.com
qqxcn.com
qqncn.com

The ones I wanted to register but were gone at checkout:
bbmcn.com
bbncn.com
bbzcn.com
mmncn.com
mmzcn.com
nnbcn.com
nnmcn.com
xxccn.com
zzmcn.com
zcccn.com
mnncn.com
xnncn.com
znncn.com
xmmcn.com
bxxcn.com
cxxcn.com
nxxcn.com
nzzcn.com
zcccn.com
ycccn.com

I have no idea whether any of them have any value whatsoever, but I was willing to risk a couple of hundred to find out.

Remains to be seen if it was a costly mistake or not.
 
3
•••
I had a couple picked to register and guess a Chinese fellow beat me to them, sends to be a trend?
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back