IT.COM

$5 .coms at Register.com - Are there any limitations?

NameSilo
Watch

SheikhOvais

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

Just saw their online ad and tried registering 6 domains (didn't checked out though). All 6 were .coms and were priced at $6/domain.

Does anyone know if there are any restrictions to using that coupon code? You know, things like I can't transfer after one year or the high renewal price?

Any input will be appreciated.

Thanks,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@SheikhOvais I am currently on their checkout page. It says $25 per .com domain.
I could not find the promo link. Maybe it is country specific.
Please PM me the coupon code. I will see if it goes through.

•••
@SheikhOvais I am currently on their checkout page. It says $25 per .com domain.

There aren't any codes. Search the domains and add to the cart. As of today, my cart shows $5 for 5 domains. But when I added the 6th .com domain, it showed $25 for that 6th domain.

•••
There aren't any codes. Search the domains and add to the cart. As of today, my cart shows $5 for 5 domains. But when I added the 6th .com domain, it showed $25 for that 6th domain.

Not sure how you've managed to get 5 domains for $5.

Register currently says this:

"This promotional pricing is valid for up to two (2), one-year domain name registrations per account, per year.

Current renewal is $38.00/year.

Offer valid only for domain names registered with Register.com; .com, .net, .org, .info, or .biz extensions (.co also available for additional fee); and generally available domain names and not for any Premium Names.

Offer is limited to two (2) domain name registrations and cannot be combined with any other domain name offer, service upgrade or free trial. Offer is not valid for any premium domain names or fees. Other exclusions may apply. Domain names are registered on a first-come, first-served basis and Register.com cannot guarantee the availability of the domain at the registry. Offer cannot be combined with other coupons or offers.

These services auto-renew and will renew at then-current rate. Customer may cancel auto-renew at any time by contacting Register.com. Enter promo code COOL5 at checkout if you do not see the promo code applied. Promo valid until September 1, 2020."

Source: https://www.register.com/?siteid=519&channelid=P99C519S512N0B3A17D0E0000V100&promo=COOL5

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
I managed to grab 5 domains for 25$ using coupon code COOL5

Last edited:
•••

"This promotional pricing is valid for up to two (2), one-year domain name registrations per account, per year.

Offer valid only for domain names registered with Register.com; .com, .net, .org, .info, or .biz extensions (.co also available for additional fee); and generally available domain names and not for any Premium Names.

Offer is limited to two (2) domain name registrations and cannot be combined with any other domain name offer, service upgrade or free trial. Offer is not valid for any premium domain names or fees. Other exclusions may apply. Domain names are registered on a first-come, first-served basis and Register.com cannot guarantee the availability of the domain at the registry. Offer cannot be combined with other coupons or offers.

These services auto-renew and will renew at then-current rate. Customer may cancel auto-renew at any time by contacting Register.com. Enter promo code COOL5 at checkout if you do not see the promo code applied. Promo valid until September 1, 2020."

Source: https://www.register.com/?siteid=519&channelid=P99C519S512N0B3A17D0E0000V100&promo=COOL5

I haven't registered any domains yet with them. What I said earlier was, when I added 5 domains to my 'cart', it showed me $5 for each domain. So I haven't registered any so far. Still waiting for some input about the company.

•••
I managed to grab 5 domains for 25$ using coupon code COOL5

Did you use Paypal or CC? When I tried to register the domains, it is showing error for Paypal.

•••
•••
When I tried to register 10 domains ($5 each) using my Paypal, it showed an error. While chatting with their Customer Support, they said that I have to call and talk to their representative or use other source for paying for the domains.

Anyone else faced this issue?

•••
it worked for me $5 using coupon COOL5. I didn'n see the push function in control panel, do I have to request it via ticket support?

•••

Thats too high renewal price , can we transfer it before renewal or any strings attached ?

•••
As soon as the minimum 60 days no-transfer-threshold is crossed, I would suggest to people to try and get auth code of a domain at register.com. You should be aware of all the hoops one has to jump through while performing a transfer, in case of a sale in future.

•••
I didn'n see the push function in control panel, do I have to request it via ticket support?

I experienced the same issue.

Just spent a head ache and a half with customer support to figure out how to.

Summary:

To push a domain to another register.com account,
the gaining account will need to initiate the push via the transfer option,
and turn off the $31.25 domain renewal option,
in order to facilitate a free push.

upload_2020-9-18_11-27-26.png

Last edited:
•••

Promo Code: RCOMDOMAINPROMO

Works in India just fine.

Registered 1 domain for $5 some 15 days ago.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back