Dynadot

discuss 5% Commissions Too High

NameSilo
Watch
I was watching a video on Altcoin Daily which mentioned NFT (non-fungible tokens such as .crypto domains) marketplaces such as OpenSea and Rarible which charge 5% Commissions. It presented the argument that with such high fees there must be room for another industry player which charges lower fees and returns a portion of those fees back to the community they serve. Swappable seems to be a new NFT marketplace with lower fees. Interesting to hear the view that 5% Commissions are too high.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was watching a video on Altcoin Daily which mentioned NFT (non-fungible tokens such as .crypto domains) marketplaces such as OpenSea and Rarible which charge 5% Commissions. It presented the argument that with such high fees there must be room for another industry player which charges lower fees and returns a portion of those fees back to the community they serve. Swappable seems to be a new NFT marketplace with lower fees. Interesting to hear the view that 5% Commissions are too high.

Very true, but the whole movement was always behind low low fees. Can you imagine if they were in domaining 20% - 30%.

•••
  • Sometimes commissions can scare off some customers
    :xf.smile:

•••
•••
I would pay 50% commission on sales over 100k or cry over 5% of nothing. 5% commission is nothing why would anyone want to do it for less. It all requires the power to be on.

Last edited:
•••
Any commission is too high, it's like a tax, especially when the commission receiver did little to nothing in return.

•••
Any commission is too high, it's like a tax, especially when the commission receiver did little to nothing in return.

Well if someone does something like bring a prospect they should get a fee. There is value being in GoDaddy registrar path in my opinion. 20% too high.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back