Domain Empire

question 4 letter domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

JeffLemon

Established Member
Impact
I often see 4 letter domains being snapped up, often these make little sense, eg. 1dod.com

Why are these so popular yet seldom form a word or brand-able name?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
They are short, therefore easy to type and user friendly for site names.

•••
Also Chinese investors and end-users have shown interest for four letter domains.

•••
Due to demand, if demand is high the worth of the domain increases.

•••
Basically, the shorter a domain is, the rarer it is, so the more popular it is.

•••
It is not a 4 letter domain if there is a number in the domain.
1dod.com would be a NLLL .com domain.
N is the number, L is the letter.

•••
•••
I often see 4 letter domains being snapped up, often these make little sense, eg. 1dod.com

It is the acronym also that they stand for, imagine this 4L >>>> FIFA,UEFA, METL,CCECC none of this is vague, they may appear vague though to someone that does not know, but all this four are Multinational organizations. Virtually all around you , you will see 4L acronyms/abbreviations. Even with odd alphabet combinations like qxv.
4L will remain forever relevant because it serves the purpose of the short , memorable and an asset.

•••

Short domains could be used for acronyms or any other purpose such as brands etc acronyms are more universal than just English keywords. And there is limited supply of short domains for all world.

Check the websites for sales history llllsales.com and also chinese website chaomi.cc

•••
Short domains could be used for acronyms or any other purpose such as brands etc acronyms are more universal than just English keywords. And there is limited supply of short domains for all world.

Check the websites for sales history llllsales.com and also chinese website chaomi.cc
Yes and I have booksontherocks.com and I have botr.me for email and also a URL shortener for the site so when someone shares a link from the site to Twitter then it won't take up half the characters and I create a unique preset tweet for that particular post/page.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back