Domain Empire

4 letter domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Are 4 letter domains worth anything? I know people pay high dollar for 3 letter or smaller domains reglarless of what letters or order. Just wondering if 4 letters are the same way?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I thought of the worst combo possible QZKH.com and then checked to see it was regged and had a functioning website. Even the worst combo without development are just a little below reg fee otherwise someone would swallow up all those remaining, but it is worth a punt while stocks last...

•••
I think a good 4 letter domain is 'worth something', although I cant give opinions on value.

If it is a pronouncable 'word', although not dictionary, it may be brandable and easy to remember. There are often threads here requesting such domains.

If you dont mind, show us your domain (if you own it) and we can give a better idea for you.

•••
Thanks for the replies.

I actually don't own the domain. I happen to just come across a couple unregistered 4 letter domains. These are not words mind you, they are just basically a random 4 character domain. I was just under the impression that these were hard to come by and after seeing these not registered I got excited thinking I had got lucky or something.

I might register one and sit on it for a while hoping they become high demand. Doubt it though. lol.

•••
•••
Nope, no better than those. Probably not worth it.

Thanks for the input.

•••
it depends on the 4 letters.

LOAN.com is different from ZYQH.com

•••
All LLLL.com's are worth at least the reg fee IMHO even QZKH.com. Who knows someone might want a site for "Queenz Krazy Horses" Or for a gambling site (Queenz Killed the House).

If you are going to try to sell these you need to be creative and market all of the DN possibities that you come up with. I personally don't think there is an LLLL.com worth under reg fee. Yes the LL-L.com and NLLL.com's are iffy but the LLLL's are only going to increase in value in my opinion.

I think of LLLL's like I do fishing. The better the bait the better the catch.

•••
•••
GreenGambler said:
All LLLL.com's are worth at least the reg fee IMHO even QZKH.com. Who knows someone might want a site for "Queenz Krazy Horses" Or for a gambling site (Queenz Killed the House).

If you are going to try to sell these you need to be creative and market all of the DN possibities that you come up with. I personally don't think there is an LLLL.com worth under reg fee. Yes the LL-L.com and NLLL.com's are iffy but the LLLL's are only going to increase in value in my opinion.

I think of LLLL's like I do fishing. The better the bait the better the catch.

Being new, I'm lost with LLLL.com and NLLL.com. What is the difference there?

•••
deronsizemore said:
Being new, I'm lost with LLLL.com and NLLL.com. What is the difference there?
LLLL = letterletterletterletter = deon.com

NLLL = numeralletterletterletter = 2gag.com

•••
Devil_Dog said:
LLLL = letterletterletterletter = deon.com

NLLL = numeralletterletterletter = 2gag.com

Gotcha. Thanks

•••
GreenGambler said:
All LLLL.com's are worth at least the reg fee IMHO even QZKH.com.

Around 82% of LLLL.com domains are registered. This is opposed to 67% 12 months ago. It looks as though the percentage of LLLL.com domains are dropping at a rate faster than 1% a month. I have been watching these domains for the last year and wouldn't consider looking at a domain like QZKH.com until the number of registered domains crosses the 90% registered barrier.

Last edited:
•••
VURG said:
GreenGambler said:
All LLLL.com's are worth at least the reg fee IMHO even QZKH.com. QUOTE]

Around 82% of LLLL.com domains are registered. This is opposed to 67% 12 months ago. It looks as though the percentage of LLLL.com domains are dropping at a rate faster than 1% a month. I have been watching these domains for the last year and wouldn't consider looking at a domain like QZKH.com until the number of registered domains crosses the 90% registered barrier.

Sounds like good advice to me....Thanks

Do you happen to know the %of LLL.coms? or LLLLL.coms? Just curious..

82% is still pretty good right? and if it was only 67% 12 months ago isn't that an increase in registrations??

•••
im one sucker for available 4-letter .com i should have known better hey im just a newbie on domain buying/selling

Rob said:

•••
Don't despair...in the future there will be NO more available LLLL.com's, the value will increase (like the LLL.com's do) as each year the number of people online increases. I think it was godaddy that was speculating another 1 billion internet users by the year 2010. With the way the high $$ sales of domain names have been broadcasted on the news lately I think we'll see a surge of domainers joining up (like me!) :D

I think we should all hold on to our LLLL.com's especially the ones with good letters.

•••
well ive bought a lot LLLL.coms and ive got few end users contacted me for the domain one of them sold for $1000 n its not a word its just pronouciable LLLL.com so what dya think.. domains have endless possibilities... but its at least reg fee for sure

•••
Kerrijo said:
Don't despair...in the future there will be NO more available LLLL.com's, the value will increase (like the LLL.com's do) as each year the number of people online increases. I think it was godaddy that was speculating another 1 billion internet users by the year 2010. With the way the high $$ sales of domain names have been broadcasted on the news lately I think we'll see a surge of domainers joining up (like me!) :D

I think we should all hold on to our LLLL.com's especially the ones with good letters.

What do you classify as "good letters"?

•••
The more common the letters, the better. Letters like Q, Z, X are not as common in spelling words so won't be as high in demand. And like the others said, if you can pronounce or make up a word with it, it will be more valuable. But given time, ALL LLLL will be valuable, that's what I am forecasting. Just some will be worth more $ than others. :)

•••
Kerrijo said:
The more common the letters, the better. Letters like Q, Z, X are not as common in spelling words so won't be as high in demand. And like the others said, if you can pronounce or make up a word with it, it will be more valuable. But given time, ALL LLLL will be valuable, that's what I am forecasting. Just some will be worth more $ than others. :)

Oh, I see. I might register a few if I can find some more common letters. Like you said, the value could only go up I guess.

•••
Just depends on the letters most good letters are taken :)

•••
deronsizemore said:
What do you classify as "good letters"?

B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T would be "good" letters. If the domain is pronouncable, that really helps too.

•••
GreenGambler said:
Sounds like good advice to me....Thanks

Do you happen to know the %of LLL.coms? or LLLLL.coms? Just curious..

100% of LLL.coms are registered
Probably <10% of LLLLL.com domains are registered. (I haven't bothered to work this out but I know that there are over 10 million LLLLL.com domains and I've seen stuff in the past that makes me close to certain that there aren't 1 million LLLLL.com domains registered. If I get some free time, I may get a more accurate estimate but not now.)

GreenGambler said:
82% is still pretty good right? and if it was only 67% 12 months ago isn't that an increase in registrations??

82-67 = 15. Yes that is an increase in registrations by 15%. (around 68000) It looks as though they will run out in the next 2 years. I keep saying that it goes in waves. You get your months where a lot of unregistered domains are being bought and then you get some quiet months where there isn't a lot happenning. There is always a risk that some big player could grab a lot in a short period of time.

rocketfly said:
B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T would be "good" letters. If the domain is pronouncable, that really helps too.

What about A!

Last edited:
•••
own couple of llll.com, just for fun. I think these names are more objective (rather than subjective) at the time of selling.

•••
Malaysia said:
well ive bought a lot LLLL.coms and ive got few end users contacted me for the domain one of them sold for $1000 n its not a word its just pronouciable LLLL.com so what dya think.. domains have endless possibilities... but its at least reg fee for sure

The bottom line is not quite reg fee yet. If one assumes that the GD reg fee is say $7.50 and that is our marker for 'reg fee', and that the market is liquid enough for any 4L to be sold for $7.50, then an enterprising domainer could probably reg 50,000 at discount and then release them over a 12-18 month period at a reasonable enough markup to get a bank loan to kick-start the process....At some point someone may go for it during the next year but remember someone tried this back in 2001 and it did not work then, though the web wasn't so big either.................

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back