Dynadot

4 letter domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey every1,

What is a name like yyyv.com worth (i.e. 3 letters in a row that are the same)?

Thanks for input :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
probably ... your time and registration fee

•••
so it is not worth buying one for $10? A guy offered me a name similar for that price

•••
•••
so how much resell value do you think is in a name like that then?
Cheers

•••
if you can find a buyer - $10

•••
just take off the { v }and you wuld have a 50,000 name

•••
hmmm...not really sure ..but worth to buy if its only $10 nth much to lose..just $10..who knows..how much u can sell later on..
like wud ppl buy fff.com or fpw.com..i prefer fff.com

•••
it really depends on the name man ... and i dont really think that there are any LLLL.com avail like that and they are running out so i think the prices will grow and dont buy all of the names .. just buy one for 10$ from that guy and thats it.

Good luck

•••
The last few AAAB names were registered by some individuals back in 2005. IMO they definitely have more value than random LLLL domains.

Last edited:
•••
The LLL(L).com comobos are all taken, and have a resale value in the 20-30 range depending on the letters currently. Their value will likely increase over time as well.

•••
Check the expiration date of the domain, if you buy it for $10, chances are you're gonna need to renew the domain soon, so it'd be $17 in total.

Anyhow good investment IMO. There's no more domain like this left. Rarity = Value.

•••
Like in economics we have, a decrease in supply leads to an increase in price :)

•••
cheers for the advice guys

april is the expiry date. damn :)

•••
Oh well, not that long to wait!

•••
kevmacmeh said:
Hey every1,

What is a name like yyyv.com worth (i.e. 3 letters in a row that are the same)?

Thanks for input :)

They are hard to come across. They are definately worth more than reg fee!

•••
VURG said:
They are hard to come across. They are definately worth more than reg fee!

sorry, but they are not.
if cannot pronounce or have meaning then should have some element of brandability or aesthetic value.
yyyv has not, so ~ reg fee.
most low names fetching ~ $9-12 on afternic bazaaar.

•••
4 letter dot coms dont have much values unless the mean something. Also there are thousands of unregistered 4 letter names still available.

IMO - reg fee sale would also be difficuilt , unless it means something to end user .

•••
The fact that a letter is repeated 3 times means that a four letter domain name is more memorable than a four letter domain that does not have a letter repeated 3 times. There are 456976 4 letter domain names and around 80% of them are regged. There are only 2704 4 letter domain names with one letter repeated (~0.6%) of the total domain names.

I've seen many of the domains that are registered and some of them are really bad and it is quite obvious that there are many speculators out there buying very random 4 letter domain names. These speculators would probably prefer if their collection included 4 letter domains with one letter repeated 3 times.

I've been looking around for domains like this for months but they don't come around that often. I know that many people consider 4 letter domains where two letters are repeated to be more valuable than ones where one letter is repeated 3 times but the supply of the second option is 50% lower. I don't consider that these types of domains are huge in value but I would pay more than reg fee if I found one.

I have sold around 25 - 30% of the 4 letter domains (mostly $29+) that I've purchased in the last year and I've purchased more than 90 and so I think that I would be able to recognise a small niche demand for a domain like this.

•••
That's what I thought. Currently AAAB domains have a wholesale price of ~$20. So if you get it for $10, that domain's probably expiring.

•••
Depends what the letters are. If any non-premium letters, you should expect right around regfee. Most prononciable LLLL.com's I have seen are going for xxx and up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back