Dynadot

4 IS NOT BAD FOR CHINESE...ATLEAST... 4.CN PROVES IT

NameSilo
Watch

manurawat

Established Member
Impact
Chinese domain industry is booming.... every next high gross domain is going to china....and most of them is happening in 4.cn... i just seen ppl wanting nnnnn.com with out 4 wtf .... want to know if 4 of death is really affecting this sales spree... 4.cn is good example ... even Chinese fellows are buying domains with 4 .............pls share your observation on the same.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
•••
•••
http://messagenote.com/feng-shui-2/chinese-numerology-good-or-bad-number
14, 24, 74, 44 very bad
84, 54 very good!
This can lead to the last bit of 6N gems left available to reg because everyone is scared of using 4s the wrong way

today I reg'd

26 84 84.com

All groups of 2 have good meaning, hopefully that is how they are interrupted and not 268 48 4 Heh. I hope someday they're worth more

888 00 54 is available to reg rn ! all good #,

this looks like a good 7n still unregged, we wil see for how long

I have a ? though, which platform to list with? sedo dns afternic gd??lol I have never had any success w any of them. but for 6n which platforms are generating the most inquries?

Last edited:
•••
•••
Once 6n dries up prices will grow , and Im betting 6n dries up fast at this rate

•••
Talking about 4, I have no problem with number 4 myself, nevertheless I understand that some people, particularly chinese dont want 4 as first option. So do I too, when picking up numbers combination. I understand that this is a speculative business, What do I do then, I try as much to pickup the ones that will be appreciated the most having no 4 in them. And if those ones are not available again then i go after the ones with 4 inside as an alternative for the ones I missed.
I tell you, there is nothing wrong with 4, we just try as domainers to serve the market's demand.
Anyway I hold a 9N.com full of 4: 666888444.com
Since I couldn't find the ones without 4, I went for that one and I am glad I did.
Enjoy what you do as a domainer, but quickly learn the business strategy in domaining, it will save you from some regretting moment.

•••
I own 2000 6n.com. And if I had the money I would buy up every one of them "4" or not, hang reg for $9. IMO the floor on the worst 6n.com that you can hand reg with "4" in them will give you a great ROI within 1 year or sooner. Also, many Chinese are buying with '4" in the them if the price is right. It's all about ROI, nothing more nothing less. I used to hear the same things about llll.com (chinese won't buy with letter "v", but I sold many of those with the letter "v" for a good ROI to the Chinese. IMO right now the best investment is in the 6n.com market.

•••
I own 2000 6n.com. And if I had the money I would buy up every one of them "4" or not, hang reg for $9. IMO the floor on the worst 6n.com that you can hand reg with "4" in them will give you a great ROI within 1 year or sooner. Also, many Chinese are buying with '4" in the them if the price is right. It's all about ROI, nothing more nothing less. I used to hear the same things about llll.com (chinese won't buy with letter "v", but I sold many of those with the letter "v" for a good ROI to the Chinese. IMO right now the best investment is in the 6n.com market.
You may have a great ROI if you buy quickly but to make a good $ number you need to play the "volume" game.

Instead of paying $500 for a good name you can register 50 names.

but you might need to flip more than 50 names to get the same $ amounth of the $500 investment.

•••
There is something called "being at the right place, at the right time, doing the right thing."
I don't believe in chance, nothing happens by chance. There is always an action behind everything that happens. So, it is always good to premeditate one's next step. That is strategy! A domainer is a strategist, you don't believe in chance. A domainer is supposedly a visionary; you calculate and predetermine the result or outcome of each of your move.
One thing i know is this: It is good to take daring steps, that are most often presumed to be foolish at a present time; but in a nearby future, you will likely be named as wise investor and audacious visionary, not a chanced one.
I understand you @Jim Holleran, hope that by now you have already predetermined your next blow.
It is good to be audacious, it is also wiser to anticipate the next move of your adversary. And In domaining your greatest adversary is not just time, but "the right time"

Last edited:
•••
This combo was too good for me to not pay reg fee for. I know, I know.... Starts with 0, ends with 4 and an info.....

0044 info

I couldn't not register it.... I like it and that's all that matters.

•••
This combo was too good for me to not pay reg fee for. I know, I know.... Starts with 0, ends with 4 and an info.....

0044 info

I couldn't not register it.... I like it and that's all that matters.

It's your money, but .........

•••
There is a 4N beginning with 4 on auction at godaddy, over $17,500 last time I looked

•••
•••
"58" means "no wealth."

Just a note on the number 5: it's tricky because by itself it is a lucky number, representing the five elements (Water, Fire, Earth, Wood, and Metal), but it also means "no," especially when paired with another number.

When paired with 4 (54), it means "no death" (a positive) -- two negatives creating a positive, but when paired with a positive number, it becomes a negative.

It's kind of like math.

:)

•••
Just a note on the number 5: it's tricky because by itself it is a lucky number, representing the five elements (Water, Fire, Earth, Wood, and Metal), but it also means "no," especially when paired with another number.

When paired with 4 (54), it means "no death" (a positive) -- two negatives creating a positive, but when paired with a positive number, it becomes a negative.

It's kind of like math.

Cheers, it was in regards to 8458880 .......maybe an each way bet at this point?

•••
Someone must like 4's 52461.com has a bunch of bids on it.

•••
•••
If 4's are bad what does triple 4 mean?

I picked up another info with 4's simply because of the pattern...

8444 info

•••
If 4's are bad what does triple 4 mean?

I picked up another info with 4's simply because of the pattern...

8444 info

It means stormy weather my friend ! Mostly because of the extension

•••
23 sales with 444 at namebio, no .info's though

•••
There is no BAD numbers, it is all about COMBINATIONS!
And Patterns of course. :)

•••
I did some 4N searching for domains with 4 in the .cn extension and did not find one?

•••
"4" also mean "die", "dead" in chinese.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back