Dynadot

4.cn respectable or not?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
4.cn - Safe for domain transactions?

Hi guys,

Looking for a little bit of advice. I am about to buy domains from someone in China and they can't use Escrow.com. They suggested 4.cn. Is it safe to use this website for escrow? I'm spending quite a lot of money so don't want to enter into anything without knowing what I'm going to expect :)

How does 4.cn differ from Escrow.com?

Any help would be excellent :tu:

Kev

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Banks in Czech Republic are full of $hit, I won't argue. They will charge for deposit your won money, withdraw your own money, ATM withdraw in their own ATM machine, etc. Banks has fees for anything you can think of. I tried to make few phone calls, but they always say "We don't know" But the fact is they have deducted $17 fee of this income wire.

Just one of the trials and tribulations we all have to live with in these kinds of places. You have my sympathy. I know what it can be like.

•••
You can use Sedo Escrow next time
3%

•••
•••
Is there another escrow company out there who support Chinese sellers?

I'm extremely uncomfortable with this as I need to send the funds via wire transfer to:

Bank Account Number: 4563511300116916478
Account Owner: XU CAIJUN
Bank Name: BANK OF CHINA HANGZHOU ECONOMIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT ZONE SUB-BRANCH
City: HANGZHOU
Address: NO 3 ROAD, HANGZHOU ECONOMIC AND TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT ZONE
SWIFT Code: BKCHCNBJ910

Looks like I'm sending it to a person rather than 4.cn? Should I stay clear?

•••
Hi there

i have an account at 4.cn
i have listed some domains 4 sale
they have a good support on Skype
talking every day
i sold first domain ( 8sd.net )
some month ago goldenname.com was listed for sale ( they change it - after i asked )
all the support stuff have an goldenname.com email
i also had telephone contact
even that i don't understand their system fully - my advice :
TNT = trust nobody total
it is your money - so check double check
the owner of 4.cn is John Xu ( just sold daikuan.com ) but also his twitter account isn't used since years
hope this helps a bit

•••
My bank has zero information who is the "middleman" 4.cn did not revealed who is the "middleman".
When I used to send money from US, using Bank of America to the very same account in Czech Republic, Bank of America charged me $35 international wire fee if exchanged into CZK or $45 if send by USD (my case) and that's it, no other fees were ever charged during it's way to my bank.

I wouldn't agree to use 4.cn escrow, but I have opened a support ticket and asked them about the international wire fee into Czech Republic, the askew was $18.

I don't think your bank has zero clue at all. The money didn't come out of thin air. Some bank sent it to them. That's just BS from them. I don't know if it's possible to do. but I'd ask them to trace this payment direct from it's sending source to you. With times, dates, any bank charges deducted along the way.

•••
I ask for your advice.
Is the 4.cn domain escrow site reliable?
If you register as a foreigner, it says to upload a copy of your license or passport.
Do other escrow.com or sedo.com upload a copy of your license or passport?
I don't know why you want me to upload a license or passport copy.
Can I trust this 4.cn site?

Thank you.

•••
•••
Where can I log out here?
And where can I change the name?

•••
What time is 4.cn open in relationship to USA East Coat Time.

•••
4.cn is quite safe and it is best domainname auction agency in china.
Just like another "SEDO.COM" in china.

ps: the alexa of 4.cn is 5570,GG PR IS 7

•••
anymore reviews? :)

Last edited:
•••
My first and as of yet only escrow experience with 4.cn was a 9xx$ purchase I made this summer. I sent bulk of the money as a secure deposit before bidding on the domain and the rest after securing it. They had responsive support and it felt safe although it involved me sending a paypal payment to a named individual on their sister site (goldenname.com).

•••
I read somewhere that it's full of scammers. Sorry I can't provide a link. So they seem to have a cross-section of experiences, imho. So I'd be extremely careful. You won't get your money back out of china, if it goes, whooof!

•••
so.... anyone here on NP connected with 4.cn? I attempted to sign up months ago but can't access my account, because it isn't "verified".... I never received a "verification" email with a link and my several attempts to get help via [email protected] received NO reply. so basically I have an account I can't use and would rather NOT sign up again with completely different details.... hoping someone here is either affiliated with 4.cn or knows someone that is that can help here........

•••
I never received a "verification" email with a link and my several attempts to get help via [email protected] received NO reply

I have just sign up with 4.cn. I received verification email, and managed to get into my account with my login info w/o problems.

If you want to put your names for sale you have to check "I hereby confirm that I have read and accept the 4.CN's User Agreement."
Problem is... there is NO User Agreement available on the site only <h2> title, thats about it.

Few more things:

- Help center page is coming soon...

- Privacy policy page is copy-paste effort from buydomains.com privacy page except from contact info
you can check the pages yourself
4.cn/policies/privacy - 4.cn privacy page
buydomains.com/info/privacy.jsp - BuyDomains page
I doubt buydomains has anything to do with it, but who knows...

There is a chance they are in tweaking process atm tho its a bit unprofessional if that is the case.

I am not saying they are scamming ppl, but so far I dont trust them personally.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
edited * kinda double post *

I want to hear your thoughts or experience with them, if any.

Last edited:
•••
I signed up with 4.cn last week with no problems. Email verification was sent to me and I also listed my domain for sale. I had to look up the exchange rate but that was not a big deal.

•••
thanks! angelicus.... i think THAT was the problem.... i noticed there was not an agreement to agree to so didnt check the box. so, my registration must me lost in limbo. When i reattempted to sign up using the same email it said it was already being used, but any attempt to get a password reminder received nothing and my emails to the support email have never been answered. can't really "agree" to terms that I can't read (talk about FINE print!) so maybe is for the better that I can't use the site. oh well.

•••
I signed up with 4.cn last week with no problems. Email verification was sent to me and I also listed my domain for sale. I had to look up the exchange rate but that was not a big deal.

Did you "agree" to terms that you couldn't read, or you didn't bother to read at all ?

•••
Did you "agree" to terms that you couldn't read, or you didn't bother to read at all ?

As usual I just clicked "agree" and moved on. I'm not going to sell in auction there so for me it's just extra exposure. I also left my domain parked at Sedo.

Please don't tell me you read user agreements. I wouldn't believe you anyhow :bah: As if I have hours to read pages of policy...

Last edited:
•••
interested...any other had experience with 4.cn ?

•••
I sold many domains at 4 cn without any problem. Their support is the best one I have ever seen.

•••
I sold many domains trough 4 cn without any problem and the support is great.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back