Dynadot

4.CN - Could anybody explains how it works, please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

sinetype

Established Member
Impact
Hi all,

I'm new in the domains' market and for the past few months I've been exploring Afternic, Flippa, Sedo, Parking Crew, GoDaddy and more recently, 4.CN

Now I've decided to try auctioning some of my domains on 4.CN and I was under the impression that they would only take 10% out of the sale but trying to auction something becomes really difficult when their English is bad and not so clear.

SO... Can anyone explains how 4.CN works regarding auctions?

- Do I have to pay something up-front?
- Is it better to push the domain to them or go with the normal auction?
- Do you need funds to auction a domain (I think the word they use the most on their site is "frozen funds"...)

I appreciate any help from those of you that have been successful on that platform (Afternic is useless...took them 2 months to certify my domains with Godaddy and they still have my entire portfolio up for review since July...)

Cheers,

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, I understand your frustration with the international website.

By changing each domain Name Server to NS1.4.cn NS2.4.cn and after proporgation you can add your domains.

You have two options in auction, and the names have to be approved by a team first.

Important. In order to receive international wire transfer, make sure your user name is charged to the exact name on your bank account, otherwise you will very likely have problems via 4.cn when they try and wire you.

Otherwise you can set up a paypal, they don't transfer via paypal if the sale is over a certain limit.

You will need to add funds to your account $40 approx to initiate the auction, depending on result, they take a fee and or you will receieve your deposit back, sale or no sale etc.

If I remember correctly the best auction is a deposit, as you can set a reserve. But that depends how you want to run of course.

....I'v had a tough time breaking into this marketplace over the last year or so and know how you feel.

Hope this helps :)

•••
Frozen funds. My first wire transfer went into frozen and took weeks, due to the username issue mentioned above.

•••
Your question gave me inspiration to write a more in-depth blog post for beginners to 4.cn; you can find it here :)

•••
Your question gave me inspiration to write a more in-depth blog post for beginners to 4.cn; you can find it here :)

Thank you @Howie I'll read the post ASAP

•••
Interesting blog post, thank you Howie. I look forward to Part 2 (and 3).:alien2:

By the way, is there a registrar that you prefer (or your potential buyers prefer) for 4.cn listed domains?

•••
Interesting blog post, thank you Howie. I look forward to Part 2 (and 3).:alien2:

By the way, is there a registrar that you prefer (or your potential buyers prefer) for 4.cn listed domains?

Thanks Fuzzy, now that's a good question. Post 2 :) I've always kept with Western regs such as GD, but I have had problems in transfer, however my broker has been helpful in completing and liasing with the recipient company.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back