IT.COM

33,000+ NNNNNN.COMs was registered in 2 days

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
33,000+ NNNNNN.COMs was registered by Mr. Xie from Sep. 13 to 14. Many domainers from China are searching 6 digits coms and selecting those unregistered ones to register. It is almost a certain thing that all 6 digits coms will be registered before 2017.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@ yes of course. However on the Chinese auction site recommended one of you guys, there are so many 6ns for sales without any bids, and the asking price is less than 20 USD.

Do you have a link to this Chinese site perhaps? I would appreciate it.

•••
@yes ofcourse

shoot me an email and i will send you the link. i don't know why i can't do it here.

•••
•••
There's also a growing interest in NNNN.CO. Last week I compiled a list of available decent NNNN.CO. Re-checked my list today and found that many of them (8969.co, 6778.co, etc) are gone.
That is true about .CO domains, maybe because its the closest to .COM ?

We've been receiving crazy good offers from China/Asia, for most especially this easy to remember and rare domain — 100000.co (One hundred thousand).

•••
@heartland ... actually, if you look at a lot of what is going for low, is the junk most all of us in the forums have been recommending against... since the beginning.

The sort you provided is actually the only useful one!! So good show on that.

Sorting the listed by ending soonest shows that EVERY 6N.com that is ending soon has bids. That means there is actually good demand. It doesn't at all matter if there's 5,000 names on there that don't end for 10 days and have no bids! What does matter is where they're closing at when they do end!

On the "closing soon" list, everything doing poorly has a 0 at the beginning... or a 4 within it, again, both things that are, as we've all clearly stated on various namepros threads, really bad when domaining in numbers. ;)

Look at the list and right now I can quickly skip past the junk names and come to:
255657.com which currently has a high bid of 180 yuan or $30 with 5 hours to go.

Skipping to the next non-4 and non-0 starter, I see ...
765156.com which ends in 6 hours with 150 yuan or $25.

213337.com has the triple 3 and is at 550 yuan or $91...

252827.com is at 170 yuan ~= $28.

976979.com at 160 yuan =~ $26 with almost 7 hours to go.

If someone asked for the floor, on a non-pattern, good numbers name, you're looking at close to $30 floor over at ename, with a mini bidding war at least. Far higher for good patterns and triples without those pesky 0's and 4's.

(Names like these were easily hand reg a mere couple months back.... So in 3 months, folks are seeing 2 to 3 or many more times profits on these on 90 days, give or take, depending on when they got into them.)

Last edited:
•••
All good news for 6N holders

•••
I has recently picked up 889895.com & 99988898.com for $18 each. I figure if I renew them for 10years I could sell for late $xxx or $x,xxx and that's a good ROI. I may even get more but only time will tell?
$20 for 889895.com

•••
Taking into consideration how quickly and in what huge quantities NNNNNN.com are being snapped, I wonder how quickly will the remaining 380 available N-N-N.com bought when domainers became aware that some are still available.

•••
I've never seen much call for -'s at any level on the forums... Maybe it's out there, but....

•••
I've never seen much call for -'s at any level on the forums... Maybe it's out there, but....
Lets imagine an enduser needs a visible domain, and assuming he is interested in combination 169. If he has a choice of 1-6-9.com or 169NNN.com or (if 6n is already taken) 169NNNN.com, what would be more memorable for the clients of such enduser? Furthermore, it has a scent of exclusivity - only 1 000 such domains exist in the whole world, comparing to 1 000 000 of 6N or 10 000 000 of 7N.

P.S. 1-6-9.com is not mine, it is still available for reg.

•••
Lets imagine an enduser needs a visible domain, and assuming he is interested in combination 169. If he has a choice of 1-6-9.com or 169NNN.com or (if 6n is already taken) 169NNNN.com, what would be more memorable for the clients of such enduser? Furthermore, it has a scent of exclusivity - only 1 000 such domains exist in the whole world, comparing to 1 000 000 of 6N or 10 000 000 of 7N.

I agree with you. On the other hand people could use L169.com or 169L.com. There is plenty of domains like these left to register, but no one is interested in, despite the fact there is 10 to 20 times less possible combinations comparing with LLLL or NNNNNN

•••
Great information guys. I know that this thread is about 6N.coms but I wanted to share my 7N.com story
2 weeks ago I picked up a lot of 3 7n.com names that began with 888 for $16.00. I flipped one of them this week for $129 and still have 2 left. Not huge $$ but for a risk on 7N names it was okay and made surre I win on this bet.

The buyer tried to offer me $60 each for the other 2, but I am being patient and waiting to figure out what will happen in the number market, especially with my 7n's beginning with 888

•••
I agree with you. On the other hand people could use L169.com or 169L.com. There is plenty of domains like these left to register, but no one is interested in, despite the fact there is 10 to 20 times less possible combinations comparing with LLLL or NNNNNN
L169.com and 169L.com both are registered though.
Small difference is that they both have L and N mixed together, while N-N-N are pure numbers.
Yes, the have hyphens, but for branding pure numbers can work better.

•••
$20 for 889895.com
Thanks for the offer but i will probably sell it in 5+ years for a decent ROI. Domaining is a fun hobby for me so I'm never in urgent rush to sell and make enough from GoDaddy premium listings to cover renewals. I love reading NP blogs every day and following current and future trends :)

•••

Something like 169890 is far more memorable than 1-6-9. Say it out loud: 169, 890 ... vs... 1 dash 6 dash 9. There's a reason most of the domain auctions and services include an option to "exclude dashes" in their searches and that's because it's a nasty category under any circumstance.

You can just browse the threads here at NamePros and look to see A) who's posting want ads for dash'd names (or that allow dash'd names) and B) who's selling dashed names for any type of money. We've both been here nearly a decade and long enough to know that dashes are just the litter of the domain world. LOL! :)

And probably for good reason. If you have any affinity for the dash'd names, go for it. :)[/QUOTE]

•••
@zzzz.us how much you think this 6N is worth? 088600.com

•••
Something like 169890 is far more memorable than 1-6-9. Say it out loud: 169, 890 ... vs... 1 dash 6 dash 9.
No way!
You asking to memorize 6 digits, most people nowadays will fail at this task.
What's true is that it's hard to say it on the phone 1-dash-6-dash..
But in visual advertising that is more popular now, billboards, internet ads, it's way easier to pick something with 3 digits, even with dashes then 6N without.
You can make a field test on one of your friends.
Right down 10 domains of each kind on 2 pieces of paper, let the person look at the list for 1-2 minutes, then ask them to right down domains they remember.
Compare.
Report results here :)

•••
I do think there is some speculation in numbers domains. there is no way suddenly there is such need for all thousands and thousands for web site building. if you buy more than the reg fee, and you can sell it, i think it is a good idea to sell it.

Honestly who can remember those 3, 2, 1, 4, 9, 7, and a total of 6 or 7 of them, unless they are all 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 etc, or have some special meaning?

like the stock market in China, the bubble just busted. I am suspecting some folks buy in bulk and jack up the price, and then sell them to make profits. Those who follow might not be that lucky.

for me, i just registered with the regular fees, then wait and see.

•••
Right down 10 domains of each kind on 2 pieces of paper, let the person look at the list for 1-2 minutes, then ask them to right down domains they remember.
Compare.
Report results here :)

The failure of this test is splitting them into two distinct groups -- a group that is dashed and a group that is not dashed.

If you mixed 20 domains of differing lengths, some with dashes and but most without dashes (because in the real world only a handful of domains you encounter will have dashes) there is no way people will remember where the dashes go.

As a domain we, nothing makes me happier than to see someone promoting a dashes domain of one that I own without dashes.

Anyway, the availability of them to hand reg sorta justifies the thought that they are not good. If they are, stop talking about it and go register them cause it's a goldmine waiting for you. :)

•••
You can mix and match them, it won't change the outcome.
In 6N domains you need to memorize all 6N, in N-N-N just to pick a pattern with dashes and memorize 3N.
It's easy to see that dashes will go between the numbers.

Do you own 169.com? ;)
Just kidding, but if you do, congratulations!

I actually picked few interesting ones, including 1-4-8.com that is awesome combination in China I've heard.

Angel Number 148 is a message of support from your angels in regards to new projects, ventures and financial undertakings, as these will prove to be successful and profitable.

•••
Even if you hand reg the worst one's for $9, sit on them for 6 months, you should be able to at least 2x your money, and most likely 5x your money. IMO not a big risk to go out and buy 100-1000 of them at $9 each.

•••
•••
That's right, thing are happening very fast. Virtually overnight LLLL and 6N have increased in value at a rate you rarely see. The increase in value of 5n if I remember correctly was slower...

Domaining is an amazing game...

I bought 2 5N for $10 and the next week 5N where selling for more than $200 each

•••
•••
Something like 169890 is far more memorable than 1-6-9. Say it out loud: 169, 890 ... vs... 1 dash 6 dash 9. There's a reason most of the domain auctions and services include an option to "exclude dashes" in their searches and that's because it's a nasty category under any circumstance.

You can just browse the threads here at NamePros and look to see A) who's posting want ads for dash'd names (or that allow dash'd names) and B) who's selling dashed names for any type of money. We've both been here nearly a decade and long enough to know that dashes are just the litter of the domain world. LOL! :)

And probably for good reason. If you have any affinity for the dash'd names, go for it. :)

Hypotetical example - assuming a rice farmer needs a domain with 169. He goes for 169nnn. Another rice farmer goes for 169nn(n+1), etc. Soon you will have 1000 rice farmers having domains 169nnn (and probably another 10 000 having domains 169nnnn)

From Wiki: Agriculture is a vital industry in China, employing over 300 million farmers

Assuming a potential client or supplier works with 500 of these rice farmers. What domain will come first to his mind our of these 500 farmers? Will he keep in mind all various 169nn5, 169n3n, 169n76, etc, or will 1-6-9.com be more visually memorable?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back