NameSilo

301 redirect...

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
NamecheapNamecheap
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

scopeweb

Established Member
Impact
13
This may be going over old ground, but can someone explain to me how to do a 301 redirect from one domain to another.

Thanks in advance!
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
<?
Header( "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently" );
Header( "Location: http://www.newdomain.com" );
?>
 
0
•••
Rush said:
<?
Header( "HTTP/1.1 301 Moved Permanently" );
Header( "Location: http://www.newdomain.com" );
?>

Do I place this code into the html index page?

Okay folks thanks for your help have got the answers I needed, Job sorted!


Thanks
 
0
•••
scopeweb said:
Do I place this code into the html index page?

Okay folks thanks for your help have got the answers I needed, Job sorted!


Thanks

i believe it goes in your .htaccess file.
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back