Dynadot

.us 3 letter dot US domains Your thoughts?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Since 3 letter dot US domains are cheaper are they still good investments?

Your thoughts?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Alot of domainers have been backing the .us extention lately for all types of uses whether 3 letter/char or not. I think it will be a very long time before .us gains any significant amount of popularity with type-ins with users however only a certain amount of 3 letter domains will ever exist for each tld..

Look at .coms 3 letters go for thousands upon thousands of dollars yet when I started domaining they would sell for a couple hundred at best...

•••
It worth investment in my mind!

•••
Maybe a good investment for th long haul, but money is better spent on names ripe for development, IMHO

good luck!

•••
I've sold 3-letter .US Domains for $200-$1400 this year, and am currently negotiating two more possible sales, including one of my favorites - Dev.us. My previous sales were quality letters, and a couple good acronyms. So yes, they are definitely good investments in my opinion.

Good quality 3-letter domains in ANY of the main extensions are a safe bet.

From my view, the biggest difference in .US right now, is the less desirable letters are not selling for much. This can be looked at two different ways. A) Don't bother with those type letters (Q,Z,X etc.) if you are looking for quick turnaround profit. B) On the other hand, there is an opportunity to grab these type domains cheap, and make a stash for the future, with the expectation they will rise in value just like we've seen happen with other extensions. Even the less desirable letters sell for nice prices in those cases, and .US might not be far behind. Only time will tell for sure.

•••
depends what the name is, if the .coms avaliable get it but at the moment the .us is ok

•••
Theyre nice :) I am trying to find one :P

•••
I just bought my first 2 and think it is more of a long term investment, I do have my eyes on about 10 more of them at the moment.

•••
I have currently been buying any good ones I can get for the < $25 range, with the expectation to sell them at $200-800 over the long term (2-5 years).

Short term, they are probably mostly selling for less than $50 on a wholesale basis now.

•••
A lot of people here are new to the industry, younger and operating on a lower budget. I think that three-letter dot us names are a great investment as some can be bought for as low as $10. However, people are bidding up domains at TDNAM for all kinds of letter combinations to much higher levels. Also, as has been pointed out, sales of desired letter combinations are well into the $xxx and even $x,xxx range. Businesses love acronyms for names. In the US, the majority of companies are small businesses that have not figured out how to use the Internet to grow their business, but they will in order to remain competitive. When they can't get a dot com, they will turn to dot us as other countries have done with their own country codes. It's just a matter of time.

•••
3 letter domain is nice guys but nice ones are very limited cuz try choosing a combination of 3 lettersthat they suit each other you will now find many which rym. and the nice ones and words like : are was sam ran can bat the and so on will be already taken
so i think such offers 4 3 letters domain are usless becasue i think its made jsut to use these bad doman names
anyway i think sites of 3 charecters should be free if the think they need o gain popularity

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back