Dynadot

advice 3 Keys to the Right Domain Name for Building a Brand

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

deez007

The More I Learn The Less I "Know"Top Member
Impact
Good Read.
Domain names have been at the forefront of the digital experience for 20 years. They provide the real estate for businesses to build their online presence and provide doorways for their customers to find them.

Now more than ever, choosing which domain names to own is a complicated and critical task for startups and seasoned businesses alike. This complexity can be attributed to the fact that most dictionary words in .com have been taken: According to the latest figures from Verisign, close to 130 million .com domain names are already registered.

Read Full Article Here:
https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/295947

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good read. Yeah choosing a good Domain for your online brand and presence is becoming more important than ever.

To see what effect choosing a bad domain can have, take a look at this one...

They wanted a perfect name for selling pens...

They thought they had the perfect name. Behold....

penisland.net

Yes they had the perfect name, until they read it again....

Last edited:
•••
Good read. Yeah choosing a good Domain for your online brand and presence is becoming more important than ever.

They thought they have the perfect name. Behold....

penisland.net

Lol.. yeah and these ones:

ExpertsExchange.com
(Can read as: Expert Sex Change)

Therapistfinder.com
(Supposed to be Therapist Finder but can be read as The Rapist Finder)

And these guys...

Cumbria Storage Systems
Cumstore.com

:ROFL:

Last edited:
•••
Lol.. yeah and these ones:

ExpertsExchange.com
(Can read as: Expert Sex Change)

Therapistfinder.com
(Supposed to be Therapist Finder but can be read as The Rapist Finder)

And these guys...

Cumbria Storage Systems
Cumstore.com

:ROFL:

Here's the crazy list.
And obviously therapistfinder.com tops the list

•••
•••
Sometimes, it is a good thing ) I bought goalways.com because I liked both meanings "go always", "goal ways".

Sometimes it doesn't matter. I have Manslaughter.com with 40K exact searches in US alone and the fact that a really creative person can read it as Man's Laughter doesn't change it )

•••
I bought a domain just after reddit started called crib something. Like a crib or sketch note like cribnotes...I found out after I regged it that it was the name of a crib company that had been sued for faulty child's crib manufacturing.
greattttt.

•••

They thought they had the perfect name. Behold....

penisland.net

Wow I love fountain pens, so it is indeed unfortunate.

•••
Domain name should be clear and simple.It is the pathway towards the customers.

•••
Domain name should be clear and simple.It is the pathway towards the customers.
I think that domainers become less respectful of the site visitors and the organic track of natural site activity.
The cynical thinking that pervades domain speculation is reflected by lack of development enthusiasm. These days any domain that isn't alpha numeric gibberish can become a brand with a function behind it.
I wish more domainers developed their names and got the feedback about what direction to take the name.
Otherwise it's just like futures trading.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back