Dynadot

3 Character Reg w/o BackOrder

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Had what seems to have become a rare occurence, stumbled onto and regged a 3 char name- (albeit a 3NNN.US) yesterday- 195.us.This is no great name, but, in my experience, it is rare to grab any 3LLL or 3NNN, for a major ext, directly off the wires these days.

Interesting side note: It showed up as free during my whois search, but when I went to reg it at GoDaddy, it showed as not avail. I rechecked w/ Enom, it showed as avail., and I regged it. I wonder why the disparity? Tried to check it w/ Wayback, and nothing showed, so am not certain when it dropped.

:? Any other tool/service avail. that will check history of .US?

Obviously some registrars search engine software simply connects to the registries faster than others; but how much do you figure is by design and how much by chance?

:? Do you think that the different results shown for availability between the registrars also reflects upon their effectiveness in grabbing backordered names?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back