Dynadot

status-duplicate 278 Hours after last bid!

NameSilo
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Picture0012.png

Seriously! (n) (n) (n)

Will NEVER participate in an auction like that, a waste of time to check back over such an extended period of time.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
As a seller primarily, I've been using 168 hours after last bid and to be honest the auctions take way too long to finish - I will cut down. Making $15 more on a name by prolonging an auction by 3 more weeks does not make much business sense - it's not just about the dollar amount its also about the time taken (sales velocity).

From a buyers POV is X hours after bid is the best thing? Not sure. I think NP should introduce a section for fixed time auctions - you select how long it goes on for and after that it gets locked as mentioned by @Keith; if bidding activity is higher, all sellers including my self will move regardless of our current opinions.

I'm seeing members saying they are put off bidding - any exchange platform should always move in the direction of encouraging more transactions and bidders; to not do so is makes no sense. Especially in domains, where well known auctioning platforms don't work well because they haven't figured out how to properly match 'buyer attention' with their inventories - 'bump' on forums helps in that regard.

Lastly, reseller's on 'other platforms' seem to be paying a lot more for similar quality names - get them in here!! NP is the main spot! (NP Marketplace should be marketed externally far more aggressively..just saying :xf.grin:)

•••
It's of course possible that a short expanding time (1 hour for example) after the highest bid is the smarter wayyy
But, as said, just "possible", no one knows that for sure - so at the end it is redundant to think much about it - because at one time a long expanding time (1 week for example) can lead to a higher sale while at another time it's a short expanding time which does so - there are simply always manyyy unknown circumstances behind of what we seee

•••
This topic has been discussed in length at the following page:
Skip to the last post to read the final decision:

Edited to add:
  • We will consider adding a separate section with more standardization (auctions run for no more than X days, priced reasonably, etc.). As was suggested in this thread, it would require manual approval similar to the Top Domains section, so we will have to consider that idea after we finish our existing projects and can dedicate time to the new workload it would require.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back