Dynadot

.com 27188.com Sold for $20K

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Abdullah Abdullah

Top Member
Impact
Hello pros

I dont know if anyone posted this but 27188.COM SOLD FOR $20K AT GODADDY.

Looks like it is heating up.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
and 888819 dot com sold privately for $8,000 on 12th October..

how do i know that? because i was 2 hours too late to inquire on it from the previous owner on the same day (am using a tool which shows me which domains are put up anywhere for sale/offers) while she finalised the deal with a chinese investor, but at least told me this important bit..

ps: in hindsight i would not have been able to offer that much anyway, but still amazing how much chineses are willing to spend on such numbers now..

•••
Yes, indeed , the numeric domains are heating up. So far, I think, things will reach upto N9 .

•••
•••
And James, I thought I saw the biggest sale lol. This is amazing.

•••
listing price was $ 440,000 but if it sold for that? only Frank himself knows..

only thing that i can add to this (and i have hinted in another thread already before) is:
the 8N 88888888.com sold (if my sources can be believed) for more than the 7N 8888888.com.. maybe partly due to the double meaning of 8s in all 8 digits, as opposed to 7 digits, who knows.. but chineses do care about such details/stuff a lot..

Last edited:
•••
•••
can i ask you what is the practical use of these ? im what industry they can use it ? could you give examples ?

•••
can i ask you what is the practical use of these ? im what industry they can use it ? could you give examples ?

Numeric domains are very popular among end users / online businesses in China.

•••
That was a nice sale. Domains with 8 have been selling for pretty good price lately.

•••
non-payers :-/
looks like somebody wanted to buy this domain cheap using fake auction accounts. bidder 8 and 9 are suspicious bidders imo

Attachments

• 27188.jpg
    27188.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 30
•••
Numeric domains are very popular among end users / online businesses in China.
could i get more info ? what kind of businesses ? they use it as ! a resseler of alibaba account ? why they don't use names ?

•••
could i get more info ? what kind of businesses ? they use it as ! a resseler of alibaba account ? why they don't use names ?

All kinds of businesses. This article should help answer some of your questions.

Cliffs. Numbers have meanings so in effect they are the same as using letters. They also use letters.

•••
They are crazy, although i come from china as well.:D

•••
888...or a single 8, in Chinese means Prosperity (Fatt in Cantonese).

Therefore, more 8s you have, you have more prosperity. This is a Chinese belief. No wonder the Chinese are getting these names / snapping them up.

They may use these names for their own businesses which symbolises Prosperity. Hence, bringing in more money.

•••
I have to post here to ask. I have hand regged N9 domains. plus N2 and N3 and N6 domains with chinese IDN extensions . how are people like Frank Schilling getting such high prices for their domains? I mean besides the obvious which is his domains are all 8's. my question is how is or where is something like his domain promoted? how does one get such a domain in front of the eyes of the proper buyer with deep pockets?

when it comes to these N domains does AGE matter? does it factor into the price? I mean if 888888888.com was 10 years old or 2 weeks old. would it still have fetched that $440,000 price?

also can we confirm if 88888888.com's domain sold for that $440,000 price?

•••
Back