IT.COM

(212fifth.com) Something "odd" happened at Dynadot back in June 2019.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
So I'm going thru my domains registered from back in 2019. What triggered this was because I "swear" I registered the domain 212Fifth.com.

But of course, no records in my email. No records in my invoices at dynadot.

but when I check all the domains around that time including May and July. I see a "gap" or noticeable "hole" in June 2019 domains.

Seems as though my only activity was that of transferring 3 domains.

Why 212Fifth.com?

https://therealdeal.com/issues_articles/who-are-jeff-bezos-new-neighbors/

The article above was dated June 1, 2019.

212Fifth.com was registered 2019-06-05 that's 5 days after the article above came out which I recall reading.

I recall registering this domain and it would have been at @Dynadot even if back in June 2019 there was no $5.99 special.

What I suspect is below.

1. I ordered a reg but because the credit card failed because I had set an old credit card.
(and Dynadot did not process the other and their system did not notify me) and then suggested the domain to it's users or someone in their team regged it and whatever domains were part of the failed orders.
2. There's a domainer at Dynadot cherry picking my domain orders and registering them for themselves especially if the orders fail due to credit card issues.( can't prove this one obviously)

It's too much of a coincidence. An entire month of my not registering domains? not one?

I get feeds from Google about real estate happenings all the time. I remember the article above. I would have registered 212Fifth.com especially because it is generic plus because of 212fifthavenue.com.

Am I losing my mind or just confused?

maybe I didn't actually register 212fifth.com? never read the article? all in my head?

Am I going crazy?

The other odd thing is whenever this happens and a domain I think I have is actually in someone else's account. It's usually regged at Godaddy or Namecheap.

If anyone here regged 212Fifth.com I hope you speak up and let me know what's up. Especially if you are a domainer that does not work for Dynadot. If it was a domainer not affiliated with Dynadot I'd feel better.

my biggest worry is not that I may have lost 212fifth.com but an entire month of possible domain registrations.

My problem with all of this is that call me crazy but I'm suspicious when Dynadot told me that they would send me info each and every time a credit card failed.

I have yet to find emails in my inbox for several failed transactions that I do remember happening. So if those aren't in my inbox then how much more for all the June 2019 transactions? That Dynadot says based on my history was only 3 transfers to @Dynadot ?

my last resort is to contact me credit card company tomorrow and find out if any transactions with dynadot failed during June 2019. I never take anyone's word at face value as truth. I always confirm.

Hope the registrant of 212fifth.com is here and can ad their input. thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I see that the domain was registered with Dynadot back in June of 2019, however only one registration order was placed for the domain and we don't have record of any other orders being placed with ourselves for that domain. Would it be possible to PM us with your Dynadot username so we could check that further please?

We don't remove any submitted orders from our system or from a user's account, so they would still show if the payment had failed or the order was cancelled.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back