IT.COM

discuss 2019, So What's Your Plan?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DanBingham

Top Member
Impact
As the above question asks, and as we edge closer to 2019, what are your plans for next year?

Assuming that you are going to continue to invest in domains, you might be someone who has BIG plans? On the other end of the scale, you might be someone who is considering chucking in the towel, and if this is the case, why? Perhaps we can help?

Interested to know what YOU plan to do...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My plan is to come back to domaining full time
Add more quality names to my portfolio
Start a brokerage company

Make my first 6 fig sale on a domain that i own

Acquire a 7 figure name with my own money.

I may fall short from the last one only time will tell. I have made a lot of impressive buys over the last few years and have plans and a business strategy to scale the ladder maybe I'll come back and report after 2019 is over.

•••
Double my portfolio size (currently 1700 names) and sales ($100K+ for 2018)

•••
A mixture of outbound, and end users making contact directly through my portfolio. I also actively promote through a number of forums too. I did try DomainLore but found them to be a waste of time.
How do you initiate promoting in forums? Could you give an example that ended you to a sale?

•••
I see a lot of people are going to develop, Good to see!

•••
As the above question asks, and as we edge closer to 2019, what are your plans for next year?

Assuming that you are going to continue to invest in domains, you might be someone who has BIG plans? On the other end of the scale, you might be someone who is considering chucking in the towel, and if this is the case, why? Perhaps we can help?

Start building out some domains into Amazon Associate "stores". Know nothing about this but have to start somewhere, right? Its got to be better than parking revenue and perhaps if the domain name (store) generates decent income I will keep it instead of try to sell it.

The goal for 2019 is to earn $274 per day (100K per year) from multiple streams. :)

•••
The goal for 2019 is to earn $274 per day (100K per year) from multiple streams. :)

Like this, more people should think like this, far too many office workers happy with their hourly rate and waste their time making small talk about nothing when they could be doing something productive!

I'd like to get back into domaining, went from a peak of about 60 domains 3 years ago to 4 now! I had some luck selling 6N .coms for $75-$250 that were picked up for a couple of dollars. However, this wasn't a sustainable strategy and now I would like to try and invest a little more in resonable quality domains to move on for a reasonable profit.

I would also like to build out a site, maybe in Spanish. I am working on getting the know how to do this but may also use a website builder from the likes of Godaddy. Website builders appear to be much better than they were 2/3 years ago. Still not sure if its possible to make money off a site built using one of these? Anyone?

Cheers
M88

•••
Must admit, I'm one of those looking to pretty much bring domaining to a close by the start of 2020. After 20 years and some 2,000 plus domains registered at my peak (2005/7) I know, all my best stuff is long gone. Domaining has looked after me and I'm very grateful but I'm not into the future investing market . I will always keep an interest but at 63 and having spent the last year living a much more healthy lifestyle, including fitness training I really don't find domaining as addictive as it once was.

I truly enjoyed the days when the internet was still pretty much in its infancy. You could spend the whole night searching for hand registrations and get a real nice lift knowing you'd found at least one that made the whole night worthwhile. today I don't think you'd find a hand reg to be had in a month

Last edited:
•••
First - i hope i will not die :xf.grin: Second - to make more sale's...depend who ask :-P

•••
•••
•••

My (master)plan for the year 2019 is the same that I have since I own a specific domain.

In other words, my (master)plan is...
...to generate the highest auction * > to get the highest bid * > to land the highest sale *.

If all necessary circumstances will come together, then it will happen.

* of all time

•••
1. Be a lot more reserved and considerate with handregs/closeouts/dropcatches.
2. Focus only on bigger fish and leave the little ones alone for others to catch.
3. Unless I'm 100% certain and have complete confidence in an $xxxx floor value, I won't buy it unless I really take a personal liking to it where I know it won't be dropped.
4. Not hoard my domains, and be more accepting of reasonable profit, live and let live.
5. Focus more on making base hits instead of only hitting those home runs. If most domainers do the math they'll find the amount of offers declined adds up to a pretty penny and no one lives forever.

Last edited:
•••
My plan is to do all I can do to stay alive.
Those who know will understand.

•••
My plan is to think smarter :)

Currently working on a new brand

Cheers
Corey

Last edited:
•••
Like last year’s plan, double my portfolio size!

•••
Mums-the-Word.png Mums-the-Word.png

My only plan is not to discuss what my plans are.

I find the less I say the better deals I get.
I buy most everything incognito now and don't discuss it much.
I also find when I report sales I get a lot of copycat registrations.

So mums is my motto for 2019 :whistle:

Last edited:
•••
My plan for next year is to make $10k sales at the end of the year and learn more about domain name acquisition. Hope this would help me resign from my job and get back to the entrepreneural world

•••
Just save money and buy a 1 word (maybe 2), exact match generic .com for $10,000 - $30,000

•••
1. six figures in sales for the year
2. increase the quality and not necessarily the quantity of my portfolio.
3. prune any domains that aren't worth a long term hold
4. continue to develop my own brand and business strategy

•••
Just tune in (again) in domain business.
Hope will be better in 2019, since this kind of business still "quite"in my country :)

•••
Plan is to build websites with heavy traffic and sell them eventually .

•••
I havn’t been that focused the last months as I am building a house project in Thailand. I also have been lazy. But from November 1, I am back to attack in full effect. :glasses:

In 2019, I will focus on domains like never before...

•••
This is my plan too, bought a nice domain a week ago, so I guess this is a good start :)

Will do outbound...

•••
I will discuss one thing for sure....

I am planning to buy my first 100k domain in 2019
I have my eye on a few and as much as people are asking in the hundreds of thousands it's only a question of time before someone goes from wait to sell. There are not a ton of 100k sales so with luck I should be able to acquire one from my short list in 2019.

•••
I’d like to build my portfolio to 2000 domains and start accepting some of the offers I get below $1,000.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back